COVID-19 UPDATE: We are still here to help you from the comfort of your home. More Info >

Norcross, GA Immigration Lawyers

Immigration issues are serious matters, and it’s essential to have an experienced Norcross, Georgia attorney at your side so they can not only advocate for you but also make sure your rights are protected.

Request a Free Consultation

The Norcross, Georgia immigration attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are here to discuss any of your immigration issues. We’ve worked with many clients to find cost-effective solutions to their immigration needs. 

Applying for Adjustment of Status/Green Card

In Norcross and throughout the United States, and adjustment of status can allow you to apply for a green card without having to return to your own country to complete the processing of your visa.

To obtain a green card, you need to have either a qualifying family relationship or go through your employer, which would require your employer to file an immigrant petition on your behalf. If you choose to apply for a green card, also referred to as a permanent alien registration card, or USCIS Form I-551, you will be given the ability to live and work in the United States.

A green card remains valid for 20 years, and you can renew it. Additionally, if you are awarded a green card, you may apply for United States citizenship after a period of five years. 

Additionally, you may also be able to apply for a green card if you have refugee or asylum status. A battered spouse, child, or parent could be able to file a petition on their behalf without the knowledge of their abuser through the Immigration and Nationality Act. 

Work Visas

There are several temporary work visas available to you if you want to come to the United States temporarily. These work visas include, but may not be limited to: 

H-1B Visa: Many companies in the United States employ international and graduate-level workers in their field of expertise for jobs they can’t find enough United States workers to take. If this is the case, you will use an H-1B visa. 

H-2 Visa: You may apply for an H-2 visa if you are a foreign worker in a non-agricultural field, and there aren’t enough U.S. citizens to fill these positions.  


B-1 Visa: Sometimes, it may be necessary for you to travel to the United States on a short-term basis for such things as conferences, to settle an estate, or negotiate a contract. Under these conditions, you could qualify for a B-1 visa. The initial period of stay is usually 1 to 6 months and can be extended for a period of up to 6 months.

J-Visa: A J-visa is a type of exchange visa. A J-Visa allows you to come to the United States as part of a cultural exchange program. In general, professors, au pairs, and doctors use this type of visa. Employment is authorized as part of the J-visa exchange program. Additionally, your spouse and unmarried children would be eligible for a J visa as well.

K-1 Visas and CR-1 Marriage Visas

If you want to marry a foreign national and have them move to the United States, a K-1 visa will allow you to bring them to America and get married within 90 days.

You may apply for a CR-1 visa is you plan to marry your fiancé in their native country and then bring them to the United States.

Both of these types of visas have pros and cons our Norcross, Georgia immigration attorneys can help you decide which option is best for you, help you file for the visa, and assist you in avoiding denial.

U-Visa: A U-visa may be available if you’ve been the victim of a crime or an attempted crime in the United States who meets the individual requirements. To qualify for this visa, you must have suffered physically and mentally because of the crime, and you must cooperate with law enforcement. You will have to provide a personal statement, personal, personal documents, and documentation from law enforcement and health care providers.

NACARA: The Nicaraguan Adjustment And Central American Relief Act was passed in 1997 and gave a legal way for certain classes of immigrants to enter and stay in the United States. The requirements can be very confusing, and specific provisions of NACARA have expired. We can assist you if you are eligible to apply for protected status. 

Naturalization: If you have been living in the United States for a period of at least five years and have a green card, you have a green card you can apply to become a United States citizen. If you’re married to a citizen of the United States, you may qualify for naturalization after three years. There are strict procedural rules that you must follow.

Asylum: Families have been trying to escape the gang violence in such countries as Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala and have sought safety in the United States. The right for you to seek asylum became part of U.S. immigration law when the Refugee Act of 1980 was passed. Asylum may be granted if you are a foreign national who has faced past persecution or fear future persecution as it relates to your race, ethnicity, political views, sexual orientation, religion, or membership in social groups.

Defense to Removal 

If you are a non-citizen of the United States and you break the law, you may be subject to deportation. If you have received an I-862 or Notice to Appear, you are facing being removed from the United States. 

In Norcross, Georgia, the immigration attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can assist you in building a legal defense to demonstrate how your deportation could create a hardship. For example, you may be caring for an elderly parent or a spouse with health issues. By having a strong legal defense, we may be able to persuade the judge to cancel your deportation and issue a green card.

Immigration law is extremely complex and always changing. In Norcross, Georgia, the immigration attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are here to help guide you through the maze of immigration law. We offer a free consultation so we can discuss any immigration concerns with you and advise you on your next steps.

Get in touch with us today to get started with your FREE case review. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.