We thoroughly investigate all of the details of your car accident
There are two parties in an accident: those that are at fault and the victim. The insurance company of the at-fault party will immediately begin to investigate the accident. Whether you are at fault or the victim, most parties seek the advice of an experienced attorney. To determine who is at fault, we must show that the at-fault driver:
- Wasn’t paying attention to their surroundings
- Drove while they were distracted
- Was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Didn’t obey traffic laws
- Didn’t have a valid license at the time of the accident
In our investigation we will:
- Get statements from witnesses
- Review photographs and other video evidence
- Go over police reports
- Look into the driving records of the parties involved
- Go through medical records
- Talk to insurance companies
- Recreate the scenes of accidents
- Hire expert testimony, if necessary.
How can a Rome car accident attorney help me?
Some car accident victims try to handle their cases on their own, which can be a huge mistake. You are emotionally involved in your accident, and it can be hard to see the situation. For example, insurance companies prey on drivers that don’t have lawyers.
They will generally provide a low settlement offer because most people will take it. Insurance companies know that you need the money to handle your bills and expenses. By hiring a lawyer, you are protecting your interests. Car accident attorneys are experienced in handling these cases and talking to insurance companies. So, you don’t have to worry about missing out on your much-needed settlement.
The more information we gather, the better we can argue your case.
Even if you feel like you were at-fault in an accident, we can help. Most car accident attorneys provide a free consultation to discuss the details of your case. We recommend that you use this interview to see how each attorney would handle your claim.
Our office investigates your accident thoroughly because we know that your case is made in the details. We have seen many cases change based on the evidence that’s presented. To give you the best shot at winning your settlement, we start building your case immediately. We want to ensure that you get the money that you deserve.
How do you calculate damages?
Once you are in a car accident, one of your first concerns is your settlement. You have bills, and you need to know what you are eligible to receive.
There are two types of damages:
General Damages: This can include the suffering and physical pain that you have as a result of your accident. Long-term disability diminished the quality of life, and mental distress all fall under general damages.
Special Damages: This includes your financial losses, like missed wages, car repairs, and medical bills.
Often, damages encompass how your life will be in the future. Many of our clients suffer for years and sometimes the rest of their lives because of a car accident. We will guide you in your case to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Special damages are some of the most manageable damages to determine because there is an actual monetary value assigned to each damage. It’s the general damages that can be a bit trickier. How can you put an amount on the suffering that you have endured as a result of your car accident?
We have experience with many different types of car accident cases, so we can help you get a settlement that will meet all of your needs. If you choose to handle your claim on your own, you could miss out on potential damages. Contact us today to discuss the details of your case.
How do I know that my insurance claim is fair?
Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer gives you a better chance to get the settlement that you deserve. Since we’ve worked with many car accident claims, we know what you should be asking for in your case. We will review all of the details of your accident and determine what a proper claim amount is for you. It’s our job to make sure that you get a settlement that will cover all of your damages and costs.
What is stated in an insurance claim?
We will use all of the information gathered in our investigation to build your case and create your claim. This claim is going to be the basis of the lawsuit. We will go over all of your injuries and other damages. Our claim also includes information about the negligent driver and a request for payment of your damages.
In these cases, both parties will want a settlement, to keep the case out of court. However, if our negotiations are unsuccessful, we will take your case before a judge. At that point, it is up to the judge or jury to determine how much of a settlement you should receive.
How do negotiations with insurance companies work?
Every state is different, and Georgia is a fault state. This means the negligent driver is responsible for your damages and injuries. So, in Georgia, you are allowed to go directly after the negligent driver and their insurance company. We will first seek compensation from the insurance company; then we can file a personal injury lawsuit to cover any additional damages.
Most insurance companies are only interested in business. Even if you have been with insurance companies for decades, their loyalty lies with their profits and losses. They will want to settle for the smallest amount possible. We make sure that we successfully represent you and get a claim that will cover your expenses.
You need to make sure that you don’t talk about the details of your case with anyone other than your lawyer. If you are determined to be at fault in your accident, you might not receive any compensation. Any comment you make can be hurtful to your case, so we recommend seeking out a lawyer immediately.
How can you prove distracted driving?
The first thing to prove in a car accident case is who is at fault. The negligent party is going to be responsible for everything. Since distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents, we are experts in proving that drivers were distracted. For example, Georgia does not allow drivers to be on their phones while they are behind the wheel of the car. This is a perfect example of distracted driving. We will review footage, request cell phone records, look at phone usage, and anything else that will prove the driver was distracted.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Vehicle accidents may happen in a variety of different ways. The location of the impact and the speed at which the impact occurs have a strong influence on the injuries to the drivers and passengers.
- Rollover Accidents. Rollover crashes happen when the vehicle’s wheels leave the roadway causing it to flip or roll. These types of crashes often happen while traveling at a high rate of speed. The occupants may suffer extreme injuries and might be ejected from the vehicle if they are not wearing seatbelts.
- Rear-end Collisions. Rear-end collisions happen when one vehicle strikes the back of another. Many of these types of crashes happen in slow traffic situations and are minor. However, they also happen frequently when a vehicle fails to stop when it approaches a red light or backed-up traffic. Injuries can vary greatly depending on the rate of speed at which the car is hit. Neck and back injuries such as whiplash are common in rear-end collisions.
- T-Bone Crashes. T-bone crashes happen when one vehicle hits another directly in the side. These types of crashes are most likely at intersections where vehicles are each traveling in different directions. A T-bone crash can cause severe injuries and some victims may need to be extricated from the vehicle. Broken bones, head trauma and back and neck injuries can occur.
- Head-on Accidents. Head-on accidents happen between vehicles traveling in opposite directions. One vehicle crosses into oncoming lanes or is traveling the wrong way on the road. Head-on crashes often cause the most serious injuries and fatalities are more likely, especially when vehicles are traveling at a high rate of speed.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
A car accident can set your entire life off-course, and you need help. Don’t risk losing out on your settlement with poor representation. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation so that we can begin handling your case.