If you were the victim of a crime or suffered from an accident, injury, or any other type of incident on third-party property, our premises liability lawyer serving Mableton can help. Sometimes victims in premises liability cases are eligible for financial compensation through the legal process, but you could have a limited amount of time to act. Our Mableton premises liability lawyer could help you explore your legal options.
Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability cases come in many different forms. If your situation involves one or more of the following issues, you could potentially have a valid case:
- Animal bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Violent assaults or altercations
- Vehicle accidents
- Theft, property damage, and loss
- Wrongful death claims
If you were the victim of an incident like those mentioned or are involved in a premises liability dispute of any type, you could have a case. In some cases, victims can recover compensation if a third party was at fault. Determining liability is an important step towards a successful claim.
Determining the at-fault party in a premises liability case could be the difference between collecting compensation and being left with nothing. If you are able to prove a third party was at fault, they could be liable for various types of damages incurred. One way third parties are liable is through negligence. Negligence refers to the failure of a person, property manager, or party to act in a reasonable or safe manner.
Examples of negligence include:
- Unkempt premises: If a property or business owner fails to remove snow or ice, has faulty or dangerous handrails and walkways, lacks proper fire escapes, or creates a dangerous environment in any other way, they could be held liable for injuries that take place as a result.
- Lack of security: In some public areas, security is necessary to keep patrons and visitors safe. If a property owner or managing party fails to adequately provide security, this can lead to violent altercations, theft, and other risky situations.
- Hazardous conditions: If any hazardous conditions such as defective recreational equipment or an animal left off-leash persist, the owner of a property could be liable for your loss and suffering.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that unintentional injuries result in over 24 million emergency room visits annually. The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) reported that over 3 million people in the United States were the victims of violent crimes, many of which took place on a third-party property. As a victim, there are many ways in which you could experience suffering and loss.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Mableton, call (404) 888-8888
Injuries, Suffering, and Loss
Some common ways in which you could be suffering as a victim include but are not limited to:
- Physical injuries ranging from mild to severe
- Property loss and resulting financial turmoil
- Emotional trauma
- The wrongful death of a loved one
If you are experiencing loss or suffering following an incident taking place on a property that is not your own, you could be eligible for financial compensation.
Mableton Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Compensation for Victims
Every case is different, but successful premises liability claims can result in different types of compensation. Your compensation could include:
- Reimbursement for any medical or legal fees
- Compensation for lost property
- Compensation for lost wages if you are left without work
- Damages for emotional suffering
- Wrongful death compensation for family members who lost a loved one
- Much more
If you are interested in exploring your options and learning more about the types of compensation you could be eligible for, a Mableton premises liability lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can investigate your case.
Deciding if Hiring a Lawyer Makes Sense
Deciding whether or not to hire a legal team to represent you during your case is a big decision. While you are not required to have a lawyer by your side, there could be many benefits to having legal representation, including but not limited to the following:
- Helping with time-consuming, confusing, and tedious paperwork
- Providing support as you go through this difficult time
- Answering your questions and helping you understand each step of the claim process
- Ensuring your lawsuit is filed in a timely manner, so you do not miss any deadlines and the chance to receive compensation
You are not required to hire a lawyer for a premises liability case, but it is easy to see why many victims choose to have legal representation. Consider the benefits of having a professional by your side as you move forward with your case.
Statute of Limitations
Many premises liability cases fall under the statute of limitations, which means that you could have a limited amount of time to act following an incident. The laws vary depending on your specific location and the date on which you experienced loss. Understanding the rules and legal system can be confusing.
Our Mableton premises liability lawyer could help. You do not want your opportunity to collect compensation to close.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Being the victim of an accident, injury, violent altercation, or any stressful situation on third-party property can cause a great deal of trauma and suffering in your life. If someone else failed to keep you safe or directly caused your accident, you could have a valid case and may even be able to recover financial compensation.
Our Mableton premises liability lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is available to get to work on your case today. Call a team member to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation consultation. Dial (404) 888-8888 to learn more.