When South Fulton drivers do not watch out for their fellow motorists, a simple car ride can turn deadly in an instant. According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, 130 people died in traffic-related accidents in Fulton County in 2018. Of these deaths, more than 60 were the direct result of negligent factors like alcohol use and speeding.
Although we may feel safe inside our cars, nearly 50 of these victims were riding in passenger cars at the time of their fatal accident. Even when these accidents are not fatal they can still cause significant damage. Fulton County had nearly 1,200 serious injury accidents in 2017—forever changing countless victims’ lives in the process.
When these untimely accidents happen, a South Fulton car accident lawyer can be there to help you take legal action against the responsible parties. Not only do our attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers offer legal counsel throughout any proceedings that may result from your case, we can actively investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident in an attempt to prove liability.
To better understand your unique legal needs, a team member at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can offer you your free case review and consultation today at (404) 888-8888.
Common Causes of Negligent Car Accidents in Georgia
Thousands of Georgia citizens fall victim to another driver’s reckless actions every year. No matter where you go in Georgia, negligent car accidents are most commonly caused by factors like:
- Reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving while fatigued.
- Road rage and aggressiveness, including tailgating and speeding.
- Failure to maintain lane.
- Running red lights.
- Failure to check mirrors.
- Distracted driving.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving South Fulton, call (404) 888-8888
South Fulton Car Accidents FAQsWhat Steps Should I Take If I Suspect a Hit and Run in Decatur?How to Report a Hit-and-Run Accident in AtlantaWhat Types of Compensation Can I Expect from a Car Accident Claim in Atlanta?How Can an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?Is Falling Asleep While Driving Gross Negligence?Will My Insurance Company Use Video Surveillance After a Car Accident?
Research Methods Attorneys Use to Potentially Prove Negligence
While some car accident cases are fairly simple, others take a little more digging to reveal the truth. If you retain a South Fulton car accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to represent your legal case, we will use our knowledge to examine every aspect of your accident, gathering evidence to support your claim along the way.
Some of these investigation methods include, but may not be limited to:
- Gathering eyewitness statements.
- Calling upon professional inspectors to examine the damage, as well as any traces of evidence potentially left behind on the vehicle.
- Speaking with first responders from the accident and reviewing any police reports.
- Summoning expert witnesses to discuss their findings in the case, including any scientific evidence that may prove negligence and liability.
- Comparing medical documents to the alleged events surrounding the accident.
- Examining any potential video surveillance of the accident or photographs from the scene of the crash.
- Attempting to pull cell phone records, possibly showing that the driver was distracted or under the influence when the accident occurred.
By gathering the hard facts about what transpired, we hope to show the insurance company or court exactly why you deserve to be awarded damages for your pain and suffering. To learn more about building a case to fight for compensation, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today at (404) 888-8888 for your free consultation.
South Fulton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
A Closer Look at Distracted Driving and its Consequences
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), every day around the United States, roughly nine people are killed and over 1,000 others are injured in crashes involving distracted drivers.
The sheer extent of these reckless driving practices is cause for concern in nearly every city in the country, and South Fulton is no different. Research from the NHSTA goes on to explain the magnitude of the issue:
- 9% of all fatal crashes in 2016 were reported as being distraction-related
- In 2016 alone, there were nearly 3,500 people killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers
- 6% of all drivers involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the accident
- 9% of drivers age 15 to 19 involved in fatal crashes were reportedly distracted
- In 2015, an estimated 2,443,000 people were injured in distraction-related accidents
According to research published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are three general types of driver distraction, some of which go hand in hand:
- Cognitive: Letting your mind wander from the road in front of you
- Visual: Allowing yourself to take your eyes off the road
- Manual: Removing your hands from the wheel
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
South Fulton Lawyers Fighting to Keep Our Roadways Safe
Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we want to make the entire legal process as painless as possible for our clients. If you choose to have a South Fulton car accident lawyer at our firm represent your case, we will work on resolving your claim while you focus on getting back your health after your accident.
At the end of the day, the attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are proud members of the Georgia community. That is why we continue to fight for its citizens when they have been unjustly injured by careless drivers.
Our legal team will gladly take care of any paperwork, handle dealings with insurance companies, assist in potential settlement negotiations, work to demonstrate proof of your pain and suffering, and more. We are here to serve your legal needs and make you feel at home throughout the process.
For your free consultation with a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member, call today at (404) 888-8888. Our representatives will be happy to address any questions or concerns you may have about what lies ahead.