Norcross, GA Personal Injury Lawyer – The Georgia Statute of Limitations
When you incur a personal injury, there are a couple of options available regarding the way you want to handle your case. You can file a personal injury claim through the insurance company or the at-fault party, or you can file a personal injury lawsuit with a personal injury lawyer.
Some specific rules and guidelines must be adhered to when seeking compensation for your personal injury. The first thing to be aware of is that there is a statute of limitations involved in the filing of personal injury cases. In Georgia, the statute of limitations is two years, and the clock starts ticking the day you sustained your injury.
However, in some instances, the statute of limitations may be extended. For example, if the accidental injuries resulted in death, a spouse or loved one will have up to four years to file a claim.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
Determining the Value of Your Claim
When you incur an injury, you may not realize the financial toll it will take on your life. Medical expenses may include doctor’s bill for emergency services, but they can also extend to cover medical fees you have for ongoing care.
It would help if you accounted for the loss of income, which applies to the time taken off work to recover from injuries as well as any loss of earnings that occur as a result of your injuries. Some may have to take lower-paying jobs if they are not able to return to the position they once held due to injuries. Some may not be able to work at all.
Finally, one should account for any emotional stress and loss of quality of life.
Coming up with an amount to cover these losses may be overwhelming or even impossible for some, which is why it’s so important to team up with a reliable Norcross, GA personal injury lawyer.
Norcross Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Determining the Cause of Personal Injury
When you are seeking compensation for a personal injury, it is essential to find the cause of your injury so you can target the at-fault party.
Negligence often plays a part in personal injury cases, and Georgia law defines it as failing to act prudently under the given circumstances. Examples of negligence can include failing to handle equipment safely, failing to post appropriate warnings of potentially dangerous situations or failing to follow traffic laws.
Gross negligence takes negligence to the next level. Georgia Law defines gross negligence as acting in a manner contrary to common sense and failing to show responsibility for behavior. Examples of gross negligence include drunk driving, failing to post warnings at construction sites, or intentionally selling defective products.
When someone dies as the result of a personal injury, this is considered a wrongful death. Drowning, poisoning, car accidents, and getting struck by an object are all common causes of wrongful death. If a loved one has died from wrongful death, it is essential to team up with a reliable Norcross, GA personal injury lawyer to see to it that you receive justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Personal Injury Claim Damages
You can receive different types of damages in a personal injury claim. These include special damages, general damages, and punitive damages. Examples of these are as follows:
• Special Damages: These include actual expenses like medical debt, property damage, and lost wages.
• General Damages: These include future expenses like future medical care and earning potential.
• Punitive Damages: A court will award punitive damages for any reckless and negligent conduct that contributed to your injuries. Courts will consider pain and suffering into consideration as well as the loss of quality of life.
Who is Responsible for Your Injury?
To be compensated for your injury, it is crucial to find the at-fault party. Most people will blame their clumsiness for any injuries sustained, but often, there is someone or something else at fault.
Many factors need to be investigated to determine at-fault parties. If someone acted negligently and failed to exhibit due care, that person will be responsible for any injuries incurred. Here are some other examples of personal injury cases where fault must be determined.
• In premises liability case, the at-fault party may be the property developer or the supervisors, owners, or employees at the property.
• In defective product claims, the designer, distributor, seller, or manufacturer may be at fault.
• In a medical malpractice case, the surgeon, doctor, hospital, medical equipment manufacturer, or any other provider may be to blame.
Once you identify the responsible party, you will know whom to target when it comes to getting compensated.
In 2020, there is a multitude of distractions for drivers no matter what category it may fall into. From checking social media to making a phone call to changing the dials on the radio or any number of things, there is always an easy impetus to focusing on something other than driving. Our team will help ensure that a driver’s reckless conduct which caused your injury will be addressed.
- Distracted Drivers: one minute a person is checking their phone and the next they hear the screech of breaks, the crunch of metal and plastic indicating a car crash and damage to your car. While the material damage to your vehicle is almost immediately known, the medical and physical damage can take time to manifest. However, as pain and, later, bills pile up, you need someone to fight for your rights. The Bader Scott team can help ensure that you get what you need when you’re impacted by a distracted driver.
- Bicycle Accidents and Pedestrian Accidents: from the use of the Western Gwinnett Bikeway to the sidewalks that proliferate throughout the community, many more people in Norcross are walking and biking to the places they need to be whether that be errands or work. However, one of the downsides to this is the possibly increased likelihood of car accidents involving bikers and pedestrians who have no protection from any of the dangers presented by automobiles. Our attorneys at Bader Scott can help ensure that your rights are defended and your medical bills, lost wages, and other costs are paid by those who recklessly caused the accident.
Personal Injury in Norcross
No matter how careful a person is, there is always the possibility that they will get hurt in a wide variety of situations. From senior citizens who are not always knowledgeable about their surroundings to the truly bizarre situations that affect many of us, there is always the possibility that a personal injury can hurt us in the short and long term. No matter the impact of any personal injury, Bader Scott is ready to assist you in any way.
- Medical Malpractice: one of the most vulnerable times in our lives is when we entrust our health to a doctor or other medical professional. For so many, we take what they say as gospel and trust a doctor to take all necessary care and precautions to help ensure our safety. When a doctor does not take every necessary precaution and causes life-long, substantial injury you deserve to have a legal team that will fight for you. The Bader Scott team’s experienced attorneys will ensure that your case isn’t left on the operating room floor.
- Slip and Fall: so many of us believe nothing will go wrong in life and we will be able to control not only our surroundings but our outcomes as well. However, there are many situations in life such as a slip and fall where, although, you may believe that you will be fine you may instead have lifelong damage. You need a team that will work to ensure that your injuries will be compensated.
Georgians work diligently in their jobs no matter their industry or their job title. Working hard to advance your career and your family is one of the values taken seriously in this state. Few of us can imagine a terrible accident happening at work but when it does, you need a legal team that will ensure your life can get back on track.
- Case Value: oftentimes, insurance companies will quickly come to resolve a potential claim efficaciously. However, an insurance company does not have your best interest in mind and you need to ensure any potential settlement is fair to you. Our experienced lawyers can accurately determine the value of your case and fight for it.
- Back, neck, and catastrophic injuries: some workplace injuries are more severe than others but any injuries to the back, neck, or catastrophic injuries could be career-ending. You need attorneys to fight for your rights and who will ensure that you are fully compensated for any injury sustained while on the job.
Finding a Norcross, GA Lawyer for your Personal Injury
In a personal injury case, many complications can arise. It can be challenging to determine the amount of compensation you deserve; it can be hard to figure out who is at fault and following the proper rules and regulations can be confusing. That’s why it’s so important to have a reliable Norcross, GA personal injury lawyer on your side.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is a group of reliable attorneys that specialize in personal injury law. This gives them in-depth knowledge that helps them fight for their clients to see that justice is served. They also have empathy that fuels their passion for winning their cases.
If you have suffered a personal injury, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers first. He will get you the compensation and closure you need to help you move on with your life.