An accidental injury can occur at any time and at any place. If you are the victim of an accidental injury, your life may be completely disrupted, and your world can be turned upside down. Beyond the difficulty of recovering and getting your life back on track, you have the overwhelming expense of medical debt and potentially a significant amount of wages lost through time off work.
While making your best attempt to manage these changes, you may find that the activities you used to love are no longer possible to engage in, making the stress of an accidental injury that much greater and more difficult to escape from. If you are the victim of an accidental injury in Savannah, GA, you might be facing all of these challenges and more. A Savannah personal injury lawyer could be just what you need.
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to learn about your options for moving forward and seeking compensation for your losses. We’ve been representing accidental injury clients like you for years, and we know how to work with insurance companies to reach a fair settlement arrangement. If your case must go to court, we’ll fight to get the best possible judgment for you.
Contact us today to discuss your injuries, the circumstances surrounding the accident, and the legal options available to you. Our personal injury lawyers offer a free consultation to get you started on the right track.
Do You Have a Viable Personal Injury Claim?
There are many different possible routes for your accidental injury claim, depending on the circumstances under which it occurred. For example, you may have a auto accident claim, a pedestrian accident claim, a medical malpractice claim, a defective product accident claim, a premises liability claim, or dog bite/animal attack claim. Here, we will address these various potential claims and how Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Savannah, call (404) 888-8888
How We Establish the Liability of the Defendant
Most personal injury cases have their basis in negligence. We have to prove all four of these factors to hold the person or entity we file a claim or lawsuit against liable for your injuries and losses.
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care. Let’s say that you got hurt in a motor vehicle collision. Every driver has an obligation to obey the rules of the road and drive carefully.
- The defendant breached the legal duty. Continuing with our scenario, the at-fault driver dropped something on the floor of his car and reached back to pick up the item. In doing so, he took his eyes off the road. This behavior is negligence because it violates the duty of care for drivers.
- The careless conduct must be what caused the accident. When the at-fault driver looked away from the road ahead to pick up the dropped object, he did not see that traffic had stopped for a red light. He crashed into the back of your car as a result. The negligence caused the collision.
- You must have measurable damages. You suffered physical injuries in the crash. Physical injuries satisfy the required element of quantifiable losses.
When we can prove all four of these factors, we can proceed with a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. The same four elements apply in most other types of personal injury claims based on negligence.
You do not have to learn the law about negligence or investigate the accident to determine whether you have a valid personal injury case. When you choose us to represent you on your personal injury claim, we will perform a thorough investigation and evaluate the legal requirements of your case. Also, we can negotiate directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to do so. You will get to rest and recuperate from your injuries, and we will take care of the rest.
Savannah Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Results Matter in Your Savannah Personal Injury Case
You deserve more than just a law firm that can talk a good game. At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we get results. Here are a few examples of personal injury cases we won for our clients:
- $1.9 million for a product liability personal injury claim involving defective equipment.
- $450,000 for a workers’ compensation claim involving partial paralysis.
- $300,000 settlement for premises liability. The client came from another law firm with an offer of less than $35,000. The insurance company refused to make an acceptable offer and we filed a lawsuit. After depositions, the insurer increased its offer by nearly 10x.
Of course, these examples do not guarantee that you will get the same amount of money for your personal injury claim. The compensation you could collect will depend on the facts of your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Savannah Car Accidents
The leading cause of accidental injuries and death in the United States is car accidents. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 38,824 Americans died in traffic crashes in 2020, the highest number of lives lost in car accidents since 2007. The most common factors of these accidents caused by negligent and reckless drivers are intoxication, distraction, aggressive drivers, and drowsiness, including falling asleep at the wheel. Alcohol and drugs remain the most frequent causes of such accidents, despite efforts to reduce these factors through harsh penalties, comprehensive laws, and public awareness efforts.
Next in line for most common causes of car accidents are aggressive driving and speeding. More than $50 billion in damages result from such behaviors every year. Aggressive driving encompasses reckless behaviors like irresponsible lane changes, weaving through traffic, tailgating, and ignoring traffic lights and signals. In close competition with aggressive driving behaviors, distracted driving is another top cause of car accidents and continues to increase with complex navigation systems and cell phone use/texting. Again, there are strict laws and harsh penalties for these behaviors in Georgia, but distracted driving continues to disrupt and end lives.
Finally, drowsy driving is an often overlooked, yet serious contributor to accidental injuries and deaths related to car accidents. The most common cause of drowsy driving is overworked drivers who aren’t getting enough sleep. Being drowsy hinders the driver’s ability to focus, follow traffic laws, and maintain a reasonable response time while driving. In many cases, accidents are caused by drivers who fall asleep at the wheel. Nearly 40,000 accidental injuries are caused by drowsy drivers every year in the US.
Injuries caused by car accidents are among the most severe of accidental injuries and deaths because vehicles travel at high speeds and sudden collisions can do tremendous damage to the body. Some common car accident injuries include fractures, back injuries, neck injuries, head injuries, strains and sprains, and serious lacerations. Far too many car accidents result in the wrongful death of a loved one.
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a Savannah personal injury lawyer for your auto accident claim, today. We’ll help you get started on the right path towards getting the compensation you need to financially recover from a car accident.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Savannah
Accidents that involve large trucks or commercial vehicles are considered separately from the average car accident. While car accidents can be disabling or deadly, accidents that involve commercial vehicles are much more likely to cause even more significant harm. This is because the vehicles are typically very large and very heavy trucks colliding with much smaller vehicles, motorcycles, or pedestrians.
There are also different laws, potentially additional responsible parties, and often much worse outcomes. Close to 4,000 deaths are caused by large truck accidents every year, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), and 16% of those deaths are the truck drivers themselves. Common injuries from commercial vehicle accidents include neck injuries, head injuries, back injuries, fractures, scarring, and lacerations. In many cases, the victims are left with long-term or permanent disabilities.
Accidents that involve commercial vehicles and large trucks are more complex and more confusing for the victims to navigate. There are often large companies to deal with, driving records, logs, and maintenance records to investigate, and potentially more than one responsible party.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we have the experience and expertise to handle the most complex commercial vehicle accident claims, so you don’t have to face this confusing process alone. If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a large truck accident in Savannah, GA, contact us for a free consultation.
Savannah Motorcycle, Bicycle, and Pedestrian Accidents
Motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians are at the highest risk for significant injuries and death when they are struck by motor vehicles. These accidents are also common in Georgia, where the beautiful climate is ideal for these activities. In fact, around 150 motorcyclists and close to 1,000 bicyclists die in Georgia every year from accidental injuries, according to the Georgia Department of Highway Safety. The most common causes of such accidents are the failure of drivers to yield and general recklessness on the part of the driver. The victims are left with spinal cord injuries, fractures, head injuries, neck injuries, significant lacerations, paralysis, or untimely death.
Dog Bite/Attack Accidents in Savannah
Dog bites and attacks are surprisingly common in the United States, with the CDC reporting roughly 4.5 million injuries per year caused by dogs and animal attacks. More surprising is that a large number of these injuries come from dogs who are described as friendly and familiar with the victim. All it takes for an unexpected dog bite or attack is an illness, an injury, accidental or intentional mistreatment, or simple misunderstanding. In most cases, the injury could have been prevented if the pet owner adhered to leash laws and pet containment laws.
If a pet owner fails to adhere to these laws and takes care to avoid such accidents, then they are likely responsible for your injuries when a dog bite or attack occurs. You may face frightening injuries, including puncture wounds and infections, lacerations, torn muscles, damaged tendons, and significant trauma. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to discuss the circumstances of your dog bite injury and how we can move forward to get the compensation that you need to recover.
Premises Liability Accidents In Savannah
If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. While many victims will blame themselves when an accident occurs on someone else’s property, there is a very high likelihood that the injury could have been prevented by proper care and maintenance on the part of the property owner. That is why this is among the most common of personal injury claims in Savannah, GA.
Some examples of premises liability accidents include cuts, slip, or fall accidents, being hit by an object, and food poisoning. These accidents may be caused by wet floors, uneven walkways, construction/renovation, poor lighting, or improper food preparation. If you’ve experienced an injury on someone else’s property, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to find out if you have a claim.
Savannah Product Liability Accidents
The Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that defective and dangerous products cause over $1 trillion in losses through injury, death, and property damage every year. Common accidents involve dangerous or defective construction equipment, vehicles, toys, furniture, recreational equipment, and home maintenance supplies. You or a loved one may suffer from lacerations, fractures, burns, choking, or poisoning. You may also face serious property damage from defective products. You may be able to file a product liability claim against the manufacturer, seller, distributor, and/or designer of the product. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to discuss your case with a Savannah personal injury lawyer.
Georgia Medical Malpractice Accidents
Medical malpractice mistakes account for an alarming 1,000 deaths every day in the United States. This is actually the third leading cause of death in the country. Naturally, this alarming statistic is creating outrage among U.S. patients, who demand better safety standards and oversight. Meanwhile, people continue to suffer the effects of misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, surgical errors, infections, prescription errors, anesthesia errors, defective medical instruments, and abuse in nursing homes and long-term care facilities. Victims of medical malpractice accidents in Savannah, GA can obtain compensation for their injuries and losses with the help of Bader Scott Injury Lawyers.
Car Accidents in Savannah
There’s no way around the fact that driving a vehicle is a perilous endeavor. From distracted drivers to pedestrian and bicycle accidents, Bader Scott is there for you.
- Distracted Drivers: we know that our state has dangerous roads full of hazards and sharp turns that could change your life in an instant. Add drivers who are routinely distracted by checking social media, changing the dial on the radio, or simply not paying attention and you have a recipe for disaster. Our attorneys at Bader Scott will work with you to hold the negligent party accountable in order to help ensure that any medical bills or pain and suffering you endured are fully compensated by those at fault.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: more and more people are opting for modes of transportation that help them be healthier individuals and more environmentally friendly. However, that exposes those same well-meaning people to the risk of being unprotected when a vehicle crashes into them.
The attorneys at Bader Scott can help you with your pedestrian or bicycle accident issue to get you the money you deserve to ensure you’re on the road to recovery.
Personal Injury in Savannah
So many of us lead busy lives rushing from one place to the next with seemingly-lightning speed in order to get our daily tasks done. However, this often translates to situations where the unthinkable happens quickly and we realize what is happening almost too late. Bader Scott attorneys stand by to help you recover any damages caused by the negligence of another.
- Medical Malpractice: one of the more common experiences Georgians go through is trusting a doctor to perform a needed procedure on ourselves or our loved ones. It’s through this lens of trust that medical malpractice feels like a betrayal of those who put their trust in a medical professional. However, that doesn’t compare to the lasting damage done by a surgery gone wrong or a doctor’s erroneous diagnosis causing premature death. The lawyers at Bader Scott are able to offer compassionate and full representation for any medical malpractice case.
- Slip and Fall: many of us, especially senior citizens, rush to get the groceries or other errands done in a timely manner and may not notice hazards in our way. As we all know, keeping premises clean and safe is the property owner or lessee’s responsibility to allow people to quickly and safely use what they have opened to members of the public. Our team knows that slip and falls can cause short and long-term injuries that require expensive treatment, doctors’ visits and maybe even missed work or lost wages. Bader Scott will help ensure you’re not left on the hook following a slip and fall in Savannah.
Americans take pride in their work and what they do for a living. Working hard to feed and clothe our families and get ahead in our careers is what helps distinguish many Georgians. So, few of us imagine accidents will happen while at work but, when it does, Bader Scott is here to fight for your rights.
- Back, Neck, and Catastrophic Injuries: for many Georgians, hard work is what has distinguished their working life and it’s how they provide for their families. Especially at construction sites, these accidents can happen quickly and cause long-term medical and economic harm to the person who suffers any kind of malady. This not only causes medical bills but also pain and uncertainty for the victim. Bader Scott attorneys are ready and willing to fight for you and ensure that you have the representation you need.
- Case Value: when your boss or your boss’ insurance company calls after a workplace accident, you can rest assured they do not have your best interests at heart. Although they might try and convince you that they’re working on your behalf, they are mostly trying to pay you the least amount of money for all the damage their negligence has done. Contact the Bader Scott team so we can be sure to fight for the true value of your case.
Seek a Free Consultation from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
The best thing that you can do, as the victim of a personal injury, is to contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a free consultation of your claim. We understand that every case is unique, and we have the experience and expertise to evaluate your accident and address the responsible party. As you face a difficult physical, emotional, and financial recovery from your accidental injury, we are here to handle the legal hurdles and hardships for you. Our goal is to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve and need to put your life back together.
If you’ve been injured in Savannah, GA, contact us to discuss the legal requirements, deadlines, and necessary steps to pursue your personal injury claim. We have highly qualified Savannah personal injury lawyers who have a history of succeeding in settlement negotiations and in court. There is no time to waste, as your personal injury claim will have a statute of limitations to consider and the sooner we start working on your case, the better off we will be in terms of collecting evidence and beginning negotiations with the defendant and insurance companies. Contact us today.