What are the Different Types of Personal Injury Accidents?
A personal injury is defined as an injury that occurs to the mind, body, or emotions as opposed to damage to property. Common types of personal injuries include the following:
- Car accidents: Car accidents happen all too often and are a common cause of personal injuries.
- Dog bites: It is an owner’s responsibility to keep their dogs leashed and under control, but not all dog owners take the steps they should protect passers-by. Dog bites are typically covered by homeowner’s insurance.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice does not happen often, but when medical professionals make a mistake, it can result in devastating injuries for their patients.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful deaths are deaths that occur as a result of a negligent or intentional action of another person.
- Workplace Injuries: Injuries are common in the workplace, primarily if you work with dangerous machinery. Worker’s comp can cover most of these injuries.
- Defective products: Many products are made with design flaws or dangerous materials or ingredients. If you are injured when using these products, you can file a claim against the manufacturer.
- Slips and falls: Slips and falls are common occurrences, but when they occur due to someone’s negligence, you may be able to sue the property owner or whoever is responsible for keeping the property safe.
What Damages Can I Claim for My Injury?
After incurring a personal injury, the injured party may ask for compensation for their losses. These losses may include the following:
- Medical expenses, including treatment you get directly after the accident and ongoing treatment you may need as a result of the accident.
- A loss of wages
- Property damages
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Rental car expenses
- Payment for professionals you may have to hire due to duties you are no longer be able to perform like housecleaning, etc.
- Mental health services
It is difficult to put a monetary amount on emotional pain and suffering, but the right lawyer will help you make sure you are fairly compensated.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
What is the Legal Process for My Personal Injury Case?
The first step your lawyer will take will be to determine at-fault parties. Once he or she can identify who is responsible, they will go after their insurance company.
If the insurance company offers a fair settlement, you can take the agreement and move on with your life. If you don’t feel a reasonable offer has been made, you can try to negotiate. If the parties aren’t able to agree, the case may end up going to court.
Smyrna Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Why You Need the Right Lawyer on Your Side
Insurance companies are known for making low ball offers. When it comes to compensating injured parties, they don’t want to pay a penny more than they have to.
Providers will try to take advantage of people making claims by giving them as little money as possible. However, a lawyer will know the full amount you should be compensated for, and he or she will fight insurance companies to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Your attorney will also represent you in court if necessary.
Will I Be Able to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Many people choose not to hire a lawyer because they think it will be expensive. However, most lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. That means that they will charge you a percentage of your settlement. If you do not win your case, you don’t have to pay a penny.
The fact lawyers earn a percentage of your winnings gives them the incentive to fight for a winning verdict and a higher monetary amount.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Car Accidents in Smyrna
Commuting in Smyrna is inevitable — no matter how you do it. Whether you travel by car, bus, bicycle, Uber, scooter, or foot — Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will be there when an accident occurs.
- Distracted Drivers: More technology in our lives has presented a new challenge on the road — increasingly distracted driving. These distractions include drivers who check social media, change the station on the radio, or adjusting something else on their dashboard. The car accident attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are here to ensure the big insurance companies don’t take advantage of you when it comes to a fair settlement.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: Rather than sit in rush-hour Atlanta traffic, many people are opting for bicycles or their feet for commuting. However, these modes of transportation do not decrease the risk that you’ll wind up in an accident. No matter how you’ve been hurt, if it wasn’t your fault, the seasoned car accident attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will help you secure proper compensation.
Personal Injury in Smyrna
Car accidents are a small part of the personal injury puzzle. They are certainly the most notable kind of personal injury; however, negligence can extend to many other parts of life. That’s why Bader Scott Injury Lawyers retains a vast pool of attorneys to handle any situations you find yourself stuck in.
- Medical Malpractice: Atlanta is home to several hospitals and medical practices. Not every doctor or surgeon will be 100 percent accurate. However, when a doctor’s inaccuracies are the result of negligence, there’s a claim of medical malpractice to be made. Hospitals will spend thousands of dollars to make sure they don’t payout for their mistakes. Don’t let them bully you into a lower settlement.
- Slip and Fall: At anywhere and anytime, there is a risk of slip and fall accidents when a property is not tended to. The owner of a property has to care for the premises, so no hazards can hurt visitors. Slip, and falls can lead to a domino trail of consequences, such as lost wages, medical bills, along with pain and suffering. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are well versed in premises liability law and will fight for you.
Workers’ Compensation in Smyrna
Atlantians are a hard-working group of people. Our city doesn’t get nearly enough credit for never entirely going to sleep and being active around the clock. However, when your city works that frequent accidents are bound to occur.
- Back, Neck, and Catastrophic Injuries: for many Atlantians, their job is an identity. Especially at blue-collar work sites, where accidents can be their most devastating. Atlanta’s blue-collar workforce is the backbone of the city, and Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are here to protect them.
- Case Value: Don’t trust your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company to handle your injury reasonably. Their incentive is to save money, not make sure you’re paid up for your expenses. Always call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers before dealing with your company after an injury at work.
Finding the Best Lawyer for Your Personal Injury Case
If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer in the Smyrna, GA area, the Scott Bader Firm is highly recommended.
The Bader Firm works exclusively with personal injury cases. This gives their lawyers the sort of focused knowledge that helps their clients achieve the best outcome possible. They understand what a devastating injury means as far as it affects the quality of life, and they treat the people they represent with sympathy and respect. But when it comes to fighting insurance companies, their aggressive tactics help them get the outcomes they deserve.
If you were the victim of an injury that is not your fault, don’t let insurance companies take advantage of you. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will always see to it that justice is served.