You don’t have to bear the financial responsibility after someone else’s negligence caused your accident. A Carrollton car accident lawyer could help you hold the careless party accountable for your injuries and losses.
If you were in a car accident in Carrollton, a lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you move forward with a financial recovery. You can learn your options today during a free case review.
What Our Car Accident Lawyers Do
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we have recovered millions for our clients. We take pride in seeking the best possible results for your case, and pursuing a recovery for your past, present, and future losses related to the accident.
To build the strongest possible case for a claim or lawsuit, we will:
Assess the Value of Your Case Based on Evidence
You may think you know what your case is worth based on your prior medical costs and other expenses. However, your case value could be higher than you realize. When you seek compensation from a liable driver’s insurer, we will search for compelling evidence of your past, present, and future losses in order to seek what you may truly deserve.
Car accident lawyers and insurance companies use jury verdict database information to know how much compensation a jury would probably award in a case like yours. We do not have to speculate about the value of a person’s case.
Identify Who Was Liable for Your Accident and Prove Liability
Liability isn’t always easy to prove. You may be in a situation where your current evidence does not clearly show who was responsible. We can build evidence to supplement the police report and prove that the other driver was responsible.
We will have to prove all four of these factors to hold the at-fault party responsible for your injuries and losses:
- The at-fault party had a legal duty of care. Everyone who drives on public roads has to follow the traffic laws.
- Breach of the duty of care. If a person fails to abide by the legal duty, they are negligent. Let’s say that the other driver drank four large cocktails at a bar within one hour, and then got in his car to drive home. Driving while impaired by alcohol violates traffic laws, so that conduct is negligence.
- Causation. The careless conduct must be what caused the accident. The intoxicated driver had impaired reflexes and judgment because of the alcohol impairment, which caused him to run a red light and broadside your car in the intersection. The negligence caused the collision.
- Quantifiable losses. The law on negligence requires that you have measurable damages to seek compensation. Physical injuries count as quantifiable losses, so if you got hurt in the crash, you could pursue a claim for money damages against the careless party who injured you.
It can be challenging to gather all the evidence needed for each of these four factors, but when you have a valid case, we can move the case forward.
Negotiate for Full, Fair Compensation with the Insurance Company
One of the most unpleasant aspects of getting injured because of someone else’s negligence is having to deal with the claims adjuster from the insurance company. You do not have to do that when we take care of your injury claim. We will handle the back-and-forth with an insurance company and even go to court if they will not agree to a just amount.
Handle the Toughest Parts of Your Carrollton Case
If during the claims process, we run into complications with seeking the amount you deserve, you don’t have to worry. Our car accident lawyers will handle the legal complexities for you.
We will deal with:
- An insurer that refuses to make a fair settlement
- Claims that you were more responsible for the accident than you were
- Complicated liability
- Liability involving major entities, such as government entities or corporations
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (404) 888-8888
Carrollton Car Accidents FAQsCan You Assist in Arranging a Rental Car for Me?Considering I Must Cover Medical Bills, Attorney Fees, and Car Repairs, How Will There Be Any Money Left for Me?How Long Does a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Case Typically Last?How Can I Find the Top Smyrna Car Accident Lawyer for My Case?What Steps Should I Take If I Suspect a Hit and Run in Decatur?How to Report a Hit-and-Run Accident in Atlanta
Forms of Compensation You Could Recover
We know that you could be facing significant financial strain after an accident, dealing with medical bills and gaps in your income. We want to go after every dollar available in your case.
We could help you seek a recovery for:
- Medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, emergency room visits, medication, physical therapy, and more
- Lost income, if you had to miss days at work due to your injury
- Reduced earning capacity, reflecting your ongoing inability to work as you did before the accident
- Pain and suffering, if you faced major pain and emotional challenges with your injury
You could also qualify to pursue other damages beyond those listed here, such as wrongful death damages. If you lost a loved one in a crash, we can help you move forward with a wrongful death claim.
Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Get Results for Our Clients
Here are a few examples of cases we have won for our car accident injury clients:
- $425,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident. Client suffered from injuries to his neck and back. The at-fault driver offered $25,000. After the client received proper medical treatment, the underinsured coverage settled for an additional $400,000.
- $250,000 settlement for a motor vehicle accident. Client suffered neck and back injuries. The at-fault driver’s insurance company offered policy limits of $250,000. We are also seeking additional compensation from the underinsured insurance coverage.
- $197,000 settlement for a parking lot motor vehicle accident. Client suffered severe back and neck injuries. The insurance company offered $0 before we filed a lawsuit. Soon after we sued, we reached a settlement of $197,500 without any depositions or discovery.
These examples do not guarantee that you will receive the same amount for your car accident injury claim. The facts of your situation will control how much compensation you can pursue.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Concerns After Car Accidents
We will listen to your story and get your car accident questions answered. The following are some of the most common reservations we hear from our potential car accident clients:
How to Know If You Have a Valid Case
Simply put, if someone else caused your accident, you could seek compensation. If you aren’t sure whether or not your case warrants an insurance claim or lawsuit, we can look at the specifics of your situation and tell you more.
Seeking Compensation If You Share Partial Responsibility for the Accident
In Georgia, you can pursue your case for compensation even if you contributed to the accident in some way. You don’t have to let this concern hold you back from moving forward with a case.
Per O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33, you can seek compensation from the other driver after an accident as long as you were under 50% responsible for the crash. Essentially, you need to be less responsible for the crash than the other driver.
How Much Your Case Is Worth
Car accident cases vary widely, and so do car accident settlements. We can’t tell you exactly what your case may be worth until you get a free case review, but we can tell you that several factors may influence the value of your case.
Typically, the following can affect your settlement amount:
- Serious injuries
- Ongoing medical care and high medical bills
- Accident-related impacts on your life, relationships, and ability to work
However, you shouldn’t decide what your case could be worth before speaking to someone from our team. There could be aspects of your case that you aren’t considering that could increase your goal settlement amount.
There Is a Limited Amount of Time to File a Lawsuit in Georgia
While you may want to take time to consider your legal options after a car accident, know that there are several reasons why you may want to begin your case as soon as you can.
- Georgia law restricts how much time you have to file suit, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
- If you fail to file within this deadline, you may lose the right to seek compensation.
- By waiting too long to start the process, you may lose access to important evidence that can only be gathered early on.
If you get started sooner rather than later, we can help you build the most compelling case possible. Evidence can fade away and disappear quickly after a collision. Hazards at the scene of the crash can get cleaned up or fixed. Security camera footage could get recorded over or erased. You might not be able to locate witnesses. It is in your interest to get started on building your legal case right away.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Will Fight for Your Best Possible Recovery
We will be with you through every step of your accident recovery and fight for the best results possible. Some other reasons to consider working with our team include:
- Our high AVVO ratings
- Acceptance in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Our Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
You don’t have to be alone in your case. You can have our lawyers be your advocates.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review
You can learn more about your legal options and what it would be like to work with our car accident lawyers. Contact us today for a free case review.
You can reach someone from our office in Carrollton today. We operate on a no-win, no-fee payment structure.