When someone else is behaving in a reckless manner, it can cause significant issues for other people and property in the area. Whether the reckless person is driving a car, using power tools unsafely at the job site, or failing to fix property damage on a sidewalk, the actions could cause an injury for an innocent person nearby.
If you suffer an injury because of someone else’s negligent behavior, you may not have to bear the brunt of the costs of your medical care on your own. You have the right to file a claim against the negligent party and seek damages for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
A Johns Creek personal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to assist you with this process when we represent you. We can handle both insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits.
For a free case review with a member of our team, call us at (404) 888-8888 as soon as possible. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers represents accident victims on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payment required.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Quite a few different situations in which one person suffered an injury because of the negligent actions of another person could result in a personal injury case. These include:
- Medical malpractice: where a doctor or nurse takes negligent actions when caring for a patient, and this action results in new injuries a greater level of injury for the patient versus the original injury for which he or she was seeking treatment.
- Motor vehicle crash: where one driver behaves in a negligent manner by ignoring traffic laws or driving too fast for the weather conditions, leading to a crash where people suffer injuries.
- Nursing home abuse: where the operators of a nursing home owe the residents a duty of care, which may include protecting them from physical or emotional abuse from staff members, fellow residents, or visitors to the nursing home.
- Premises liability: where, according to Georgia statute O.C.G.A. § 51-3-1, property owners or occupiers owe those who are visiting the property a duty of care to keep the property safe for everyone. This may include clearing debris and fixing broken items that could lead to a slip and fall accident.
- Workplace accident: where someone is injured in the workplace. These injuries may fall into the workers’ compensation category.
In addition to these types of personal injury accidents, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers also represents victims of:
- Airport injuries
- Dog bites
- Bus accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability
- Stadium and arena injuries
- And more
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
A similar type of case is a wrongful death lawsuit, where the victim of an accident caused by another party’s negligence suffered a fatality. The surviving family members then may have the right to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party that caused the injuries to the decedent.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers also handles wrongful death lawsuits and invites you to call our team at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation if you would like more information about this type of case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Johns Creek, call (404) 888-8888
Seeking a Fair Settlement
A key component for winning a personal injury lawsuit may be showing that the party that caused the accident was behaving in a negligent manner.
Negligence, in this instance, does not necessarily mean that the other party was purposefully trying to cause your injuries. Instead, you may have to show that the other party had an obligation to take a different and safer action, that they did not take it, and that doing so could have prevented your injuries.
When you hire a trusted Johns Creek personal injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can identify the liable party in your case and gather evidence of their negligence.
Working Toward a Settlement
In the early days after the accident, you may hear from the insurance company representing the party that caused the accident and your injuries. It is possible that the insurer will make a settlement offer to you.
You do not have to accept this offer, though, and statements you give the responsible party’s insurance company may be used to reduce or deny your claim. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can handle all communications with the insurance companies when we represent you. If the insurer does not put together a fair settlement offer, we can take them to trial.
Johns Creek Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Case
The damages you may be able to recover in a personal injury case depend on many factors, including your injuries. There are quite a few different injuries that you could suffer in these types of accidents. Someone who suffers especially serious and debilitating injuries may potentially be eligible to receive a greater level of compensation than someone who has suffered lesser injuries.
In general, the following damages may be available in a personal injury case:
- Cost of emergency treatment, surgery, or hospitalization
- Current and future costs of medical care
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us for a Free Consultation
If you are ready to start the process of filing an insurance claim or lawsuit against the party that caused your injuries, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are ready to help. A Johns Creek personal injury lawyer from our firm may be able to handle all legal work in your case while you focus on your recovery.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 for a free case review with a member of our team. Because we work on a contingency-fee basis, you do not need to pay anything upfront to retain our services. Instead, our attorney fees come out of your final settlement or court award if and when you win your case.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form