It is difficult to place an exact figure on the average settlement for a rear-end collision car accident. Claims are considered on a case-by-case basis as no two accidents are the same due to factors such as:
- The severity of a person’s injuries
- How the accident happened
- Who is at fault (an individual or several parties could share liability)
Compensation is calculated by combining general damages with special damages, which can include:
- Current and ongoing medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Loss of earnings plus compensation for any impact on your future earning capacity
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost or damaged property
- Any other expenses incurred from the accident
If you were injured in a rear-end car accident caused by another driver in Georgia, you likely have questions about how much your claim is worth. An easy way to find out about the legal remedies available to you is to call for a free case evaluation with a personal injury lawyer.
Who Is at Fault in a Rear-end Collision?
Understanding negligence can be pretty challenging without knowing the law, but it is helpful to know the basics. In most cases, the driver who rear-ends another vehicle is typically assigned blame for the accident. However, there are exceptions where liability is shared. Common causes of rear-end crashes include:
- Distracted driving, such as using a smartphone
- Erratic driving when a motorist makes sudden, unexpected maneuvers
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Defective car parts such as broken taillights or brake lights
- Poor weather conditions
- Driving too closely to the car in front
A personal injury lawyer can help you investigate the cause of the accident and identify responsible parties by gathering evidence such as witness statements, police reports, or CCTV footage, for example. After liability is established, your lawyer can help determine the value of your case from medical bills, doctor’s reports, and employment records. We also work with you to understand the challenges you are facing due to the pain, suffering, and inconvenience the accident caused.
Building a robust case allows us to enter settlement negotiations from a firm standpoint. We do whatever it takes to make sure you receive a fair settlement that accounts for current losses and any expenses you may incur in the future. Even if you were partly to blame for the accident, you could still pursue a claim, but your compensation will be reduced in proportion to the percentage of responsibility you share.
For a free legal consultation, call (404) 888-8888
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
With almost 30% of all accidents attributed to a rear-end collision, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a good day can quickly turn into a bad one due to the mistakes of another motorist. Further, not all car accident claims are straightforward. Many people seek legal representation when the legal process is complicated by factors such as:
- The accident caused serious, long-term, or permanent injuries
- Multiple parties were involved in the crash
- Your injuries have changed the way you live your life or work
- You are unsure who is at fault for the accident
- You are unsure about the value of your claim and the compensation available to you.
- You want to focus on your recovery while one of our lawyers manages the legal process on your behalf.
Our award-winning legal team strives for the very best outcome for our clients. We understand the far-reaching effects of an injury on a person’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
We focus our efforts so that you do not need to settle for the average amount for a rear-end collision car accident. We fight for a settlement that is fair and right for your unique circumstances.
When Should I Seek Legal Advice?
If you have questions or concerns about claiming compensation, we would recommend a free case evaluation to learn more about your legal options as soon as possible following an accident.
There are numerous benefits to acting quickly that could help your claim. Building a robust case takes time, and gathering evidence before it can be lost or diminished will certainly help your lawyer compile an accurate account of the accident.
Seeking legal advice early also helps ensure you file your case within the legal deadline per Georgia’s statute of limitations. This is effectively a two-year window for you to begin legal proceedings.
An award-winning legal team at your side
The attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers provide the determination and focus you would expect from an award-winning legal team. We are here to guide you through the legal process and will not give up until we are satisfied you have received a fair settlement that meets all of your needs.
To find out about your legal options, call for a free case review with our team at (404) 888-8888 today.