In some cases, personal injuries are simply unforeseeable and unfortunate incidents where no one is to blame. In other cases, someone caused the injury through negligence and can be held legally liable. The fallout of a personal injury can be extensive, impacting people’s employment, livelihood, and daily living. Victims of personal injuries can face staggering medical bills and loss of employment, which can quickly spell financial disaster.
If someone else is at fault for your injuries, you may be entitled to financial compensation known as damages. Damages can cover your medical bills, lost wages, and even intangibles, such as pain and suffering. If you have a personal injury, the Brookhaven personal injury lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you seek damages.
How to Proceed After a Personal Injury
You may feel overwhelmed after incurring an injury. Trying to keep up with insurance claims and medical bills, all while managing your own recovery, can be exhausting. A Brookhaven personal injury lawyer with our firm can help.
We can evaluate your case and show you your legal options. If you have a viable personal injury claim, you can pursue a settlement with the insurance provider, or you can sue the liable party in court. We can help you decide the best course of action based on your particular situation.
There are many types of personal injury cases. Here are some of the types of claims Bader Scott Injury Lawyers handles:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Commercial motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Brookhaven, call (404) 888-8888
Estimating the Value of Your Damages
While you are certainly aware of the mounting bills surrounding you after a personal injury, you may not be sure about the total value of your damages. Your lawyer can estimate the value of your claim based on the evidence from your case. You may be entitled to compensation for expenses, such as:
- Medical bills: You may seek compensation for bills for emergency room visits, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, X-rays, prescription medications, and speech, occupational, and physical therapies. If your injuries require ongoing medical care, you may seek compensation for future medical expenses.
- Property damage: If you were in a motor vehicle accident, you may seek compensation for vehicle repair bills, tow truck bills, or even the replacement cost of your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering: O.C.G.A. § 9-10-184 allows victims of personal injury to seek financial restitution for pain and suffering.
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can gather evidence to establish the value of your claim. To support your claim for medical bills and property damage, we will collect evidence, such as:
- Photographs of your injuries
- Photographs of the accident, if applicable
- Medical bills
- Prescription medication receipts
- Vehicle repair and tow truck bills
- Wage statements
To estimate your claim of pain and suffering, we can gather medical records and pictures of your injuries to document their severity. We can also interview you, your medical providers, and even family and friends to show how the injury has negatively impacted your life. Some of the factors that influence a pain and suffering settlement include the length of your recovery and the development of conditions such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
Brookhaven Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How a Personal Injury Lawyer with Our Firm Can Help You
Our Brookhaven personal injury lawyer can help you with all legal aspects of your case. Here are some of the ways they can help:
They can investigate your claim
Your lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Your lawyer can come to the scene of a car, motorcycle, or truck accident to gather evidence and interview witnesses. He can take pictures of the scene and gather police reports to determine who was at fault.
- Slip and fall accidents: Your lawyer can take pictures of the scene and interview witnesses to determine how you fell. He will determine whether the property owner was aware or should have been aware of the unsafe conditions that led to your fall.
- Medical malpractice: Your lawyer will gather evidence such as medical records to demonstrate your injuries, which medical providers owed you a duty of care, and that their negligence caused your injuries.
They Can Negotiate a Settlement
Insurance companies are in the business of making money, so they may try to shortchange you on a settlement. Our lawyers can take over all written and verbal communication with the insurance company, including negotiating a settlement that adequately compensates you for your injuries.
They Can File a Lawsuit
In some cases, we cannot agree on a fair settlement with the insurance provider. In these situations, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Georgia
Georgia limits the amount of time individuals have to seek damages for a personal injury case. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 sets the statute of limitations at two years from the date of the injury. Once two years have passed, you forfeit your right to file a lawsuit.
Figuring out how to proceed after a personal injury can take time, which is why Georgia gives people two years to file a lawsuit. Your Brookhaven personal injury lawyer can work with you to determine the best path forward. We may use that time to gather evidence, negotiate a settlement, or file a lawsuit.
It is critical that you act quickly after the incident. Once two years are up, you lose your right to seek compensation.
Do not wait to seek legal assistance after sustaining a personal injury. Call (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form