In the days following a motorcycle accident, you should do everything in your power to protect your right to financial recovery. Essentially, through your insurance claim, you want to prove that as a result of another party’s negligence, you were injured in a motorcycle accident.
Some measures that could help resolve your case include:
- Seeking medical attention
- Gathering evidence of the accident’s cause and your losses
- Contacting an Atlanta law firm
The state’s statute of limitations may restrict the amount of time you have to go to court, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Quick action could be another consideration that could protect your legal rights.
Have a Healthcare Provider Examine Your Condition
Motorcycle accidents can result in severe, life-altering injuries. Road rash, broken bones, and internal bleeding are just a handful of impairments that could be affecting your quality of life. In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, seeking medical care could be one of the most important actions that you take.
By doing so, you can:
Get a Diagnosis of Your Injuries
Even if you were involved in a low-speed, low-impact crash, you could still have hidden injuries that do not immediately present symptoms. For instance, if you suffered spinal cord trauma, you may not feel pain or discomfort for several weeks after the incident. In another situation, what may initially appear as something minor could develop into something much more severe later on.
By getting a diagnosis of your injuries, you can take the first step in building your motorcycle accident case. Additionally, you can work to protect your health and well-being. Be sure to follow through with your doctor’s orders, as well. You do not want the claims adjuster to dispute the nature of your condition.
For a free legal consultation, call (404) 888-8888
Gather Evidence of the Accident’s Cause and Your Losses
When pursuing compensation, you will need to prove that you were injured because of another party’s negligence. You will need various pieces of information to support your allegations. You cannot approach the insurance company with baseless accusations; this could ultimately impede your case’s progression.
Some pieces of evidence that could be used to determine fault for your accident include:
- The police report
- Photos of your vehicle’s damage and your injuries
- Statements from witnesses and their contact information
- Testimony from your doctor
To prove the cost of your damages, your employment records, property damage receipts, medical bills, and other related invoices could help you. Remember: your personal injury case is only as strong as the evidence that supports it.
Contact an Atlanta Law Firm
In the days following a motorcycle accident, you may wonder whether or not you need a lawyer to manage your case. The truth is that you do not. However, when it comes to gathering evidence, proving fault, and fighting for fair compensation, you may not be equipped to do this on your own.
While dealing with severe injuries, you may not be physically or mentally able to go through the financial recovery process by yourself. This is where a motorcycle accident lawyer could help you.
A Lawyer Can Help You Seek Compensation
When you partner withmotorcycle accident attorneys in Atlanta, they will explain what you can expect as your case progresses. Their number-one priority will be to seek financial recovery for your collision-related losses.
Your lawyer may complete the financial recovery process by:
- Calculating the cost of your damages– Before filing your claim, your lawyer will need to calculate the cost of your injury-related losses. You could receive reimbursement for medical bills, lost income, and property damage expenses.
- Filing your claim– Your lawyer will determine fault for your losses and file your claim with the liable insurance company. Through a demand letter, they will explain that you were injured and deserve compensation for your damages.
- Negotiating a settlement– The insurance company may not pay out your claim right away. They may extend a counteroffer, which may be lower than what you wanted. If this happens, your lawyer can go back and forth with the insurer until you get coverage for your losses.
- Filing a lawsuit– Most motorcycle accident claims end with insurance settlements. However, if your case takes a different route, your lawyer can file a civil court lawsuit. From there, they can manage the discovery phase, talk to the other party’s lawyer, and present your case.
Your lawyer may be able to advance your legal goals in ways not covered here.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you pursue financial recovery after a motorcycle accident. We are committed to helping you get the money you need to pay for your losses so you can move on with your life.
To learn about your options in a free case review, call (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form