Every year, thousands of rental cars flood Georgia’s roadways. Though drivers should take extra care on the road to avoid damaging their rented vehicles, some are still aggressive, reckless, or distracted behind the wheel.
Rental car companies take steps to address this issue before approving a rental, but many innocent drivers continue to suffer injuries in rental car collisions. Moreover, rental companies can sometimes play a role in these accidents. If you are facing injuries after a rental car accident, you may be able to recover compensation.
Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we will not stand by as innocent members of our community become victims of negligent drivers or rental car companies. When you retain a Valdosta rental car accident lawyer at our law firm, we can help handle every aspect of your case from start to finish. Our legal services include gathering evidence and determining liability, calculating damages and assigning case values, dealing with insurance companies and reviewing policies, and more.
To learn more about our rental car accident services in Valdosta, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative today at (404) 888-8888. We can get you started with a free review of your case.
Liability in Rental Car Accidents
While most car accidents occur because of driver error, some rental car collisions may trace back to the rental companies themselves. In addition to a driver’s poor decision making on the roadway, some rental companies have systemic issues that may lead to car accidents. The following are examples of rental company negligence:
- Neglected vehicle maintenance
- Lack of renter education about the vehicle
- Defective brakes, tires, windshield wipers, steering wheels, lights, and other vehicle parts
- Renting vehicles to dangerous drivers without giving background checks
- Improper employee training
- Giving negligent advice to renters
For a free legal consultation with a rental car accidents lawyer serving Valdosta, call (404) 888-8888
Taking Action in a Rental Car Collision Case
Filing a personal injury claim against a company is slightly different than filing a claim against a private citizen. When you retain a Valdosta rental car accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can help investigate your accident and pinpoint liability.
Even if you wish to take legal action against the driver, there are certain laws and statutes you will need to navigate to do so. Our attorneys can be there to represent your fight for justice from start to finish, allowing you to rest easy and focus on your recovery.
For more information about proving liability in a rental car collision, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today at (404) 888-8888 and receive your free consultation.
Valdosta Rental Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Three Types of Rental Car Insurance
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), there are three main types of rental car insurance that deal with accident coverage:
- Liability insurance: When rental car companies offer liability insurance, it must meet the minimum amount of coverage required under state law. Additionally, frequent rental car users who do not own their own vehicle may purchase a non-owner liability policy, which extends their liability coverage.
- Personal accident insurance: This insurance covers medical expenses—including ambulance fees—for the driver and passengers. However, most drivers with personal injury protection (PIP) insurance will already have their medical expenses covered in the event of an accident.
- Third-party insurance: This option allows drivers to customize their plan and add additional coverage to rental car insurance.
Although rental car insurance may not cover the entirety of your losses in some cases, it can be comforting to know that there is a base level of coverage to help with medical bills, property damage, and other hardships. Moreover, you can still file a claim against a negligent rental driver if they are underinsured.
Recoverable Damages for Rental Car Accident Victims
If a rental car company or negligent driver is found liable for your accident, you can hold them responsible for your economic and non-economic hardships. The compensation available to you will depend on the circumstances of your collision. As such, examples of recoverable damages include the following:
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Medical costs, including rehabilitation programs
- Property damage
- General pain and anguish related to your injuries
- Mental suffering, including mental health concerns like lost self-worth, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and decreased ambitions
- Loss of consortium, strained familial relationships, and loss of social life
- Accommodations for physical ailments, like disfigurement and ongoing disabilities
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Rental Car Accident Attorneys Serving Victims in Valdosta
Our attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers want you to get the compensation you deserve after falling victim to another party’s negligence. Over the years, we work with rental car accident victims throughout the State of Georgia, so we have seen the kind of hardships and heartache these accidents can cause. Ideally, your final settlement will reflect the true extent of your pain and suffering so you can move past your accident and look forward to the future.
Above all else, we want you to feel like you can rest easy with a Valdosta rental car accident lawyer in your corner. Among our many other legal services, we will keep you informed about important deadlines that may affect the outcome of your case. One of the most important time limits to keep in mind is under O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. You must generally file a personal injury claim within two years of your accident, or the court will dismiss your case—limiting your legal options moving forward.
For more information, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today. You can call us at (404) 888-8888 to get started with your free consultation.