If you suffered injuries because of a road rage incident in Valdosta, you may be eligible for compensation. A Valdosta road rage accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can be there to fight for you every step of the way, so you do not have to deal with the traumatic nature of this accident by yourself.
The way we see it, any form of misplaced anger or aggression behind the wheel is dangerous, and it has no place on our roadways. Our attorneys understand that these senseless accidents can affect much more than your body. The trauma of being injured due to another driver’s road rage can have a profound psychological impact.
Our law firm takes road rage accidents very seriously because we know they have lifelong effects on their victims. With our attorneys in your corner, you can focus on healing yourself physically and emotionally while we handle the legal side of things.
For more information on the legal services we offer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, contact a representative today at (404) 888-8888 and get started with your free consultation.
Defining Road Rage
Studies from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety reveal that aggressive driving is responsible for 56% of fatal traffic accidents. While the exact specifications may vary between cities and states, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) also provides a general definition for road rage:
- Road rage is an event on the roadway that leads to an assault by the occupants of another vehicle. Many dangerous weapons can be used in the assault, including motor vehicles.
Overall, road rage is seen as an extreme example of aggressive driving, although some types of aggressive driving may seem tame compared to the violent nature of road rage. Ultimately, there is one glaring difference between these behaviors. While aggressive driving is a traffic violation, road rage can be classified as a form of assault, making it a criminal offense in the State of Georgia. There are numerous examples of road rage:
- Using your car as a weapon and ramming into another vehicle
- Hurling objects at other drivers or people near the roadway
- Running vehicles off the roadway
- Following a driver and physically assaulting them when they get to their destination
- Causing an accident through verbal abuse or threats
- Shooting at other vehicles
- Sabotaging a person’s vehicle, which includes breaking headlights, cutting brake lines, and popping tires
For a free legal consultation with a road rage accidents lawyer serving Valdosta, call (404) 888-8888
Recoverable Damages After a Road Rage Accident
Even though road rage is a criminal offense, you can receive the same damages as other accident victims. That includes economic hardships, non-economic damages, and various other losses. Accordingly, recoverable damages may include the following:
- Healthcare costs
- Damaged property
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Mental anguish, including psychological ailments like loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Ongoing aid for permanent disabilities, including physical therapy, caregivers, specialized transportation methods, medical devices, and more
- Bodily pain from the initial accident, medical treatments, and progression of the injuries
If you retain a Valdosta road rage accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can help you determine the true value of these damages. You do not want to act on impulse and agree to a settlement before you understand the true extent of your losses. Your claim closes the moment you agree to a settlement, which bars you from taking additional legal action for this incident in the future.
In addition to gathering medical documents, appraising property damage, and seeking expert witnesses, our attorneys can use multiple methods to generate a value for your intangible suffering (non-economic losses).
You can learn more about calculating damages in Valdosta when you contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today at (404) 888-8888 and request a free consultation.
Valdosta Road Rage Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Common Road Rage Injuries
Depending on the nature of the assault, your injuries can range from cuts and bruises to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and paralysis. Thankfully, there is no limit on the amount of economic and non-economic damages you can receive for the physical, mental, and financial consequences of your injuries. With that in mind, common injuries from road rage accidents include the following:
- Dislocated hips or shoulders
- Broken noses, shoulders, hands, and other bones from physical altercations
- Soft tissue damage like torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Head injuries, including skull fractures and concussions
- Spinal injuries which may affect your mobility
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Valdosta Road Rage Accident Attorneys Fighting for Your Rights
Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our attorneys stand up for victims of personal injury. Whether your road rage accident involved a vehicle collision, physical assault, or any other form of negligence, a Valdosta road rage accident lawyer can be there to help build your case and guide you through our legal system.
Most importantly, our law firm provides multiple legal services to match your specific needs. Our services include:
- Investigating the crash, gathering evidence, and pinpointing liability.
- Estimating long-term damages and calculating short-term losses.
- Assigning case values.
- Representing cases in civil court.
- Dealing with insurance companies and reviewing coverage policies.
- Handling communications with other individuals involved in the case.
- Negotiating settlements.
Before moving forward with your case, note that many aspects of personal injury law are out of your hands. If you do not comply with the strict deadlines and proceedings that accompany these claims, you may forfeit your right to compensation. With that in mind, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 requires you to file a lawsuit within two years of your road rage accident.
To start learning more during your free consultation, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative today at (404) 888-8888.