When you step foot onto a property that is not yours, whether it is a home, business, or public space, you expect and deserve to be safe. However, sometimes property owners fail to keep visitors, guests, and patrons safe from hazards. If you were injured on the premises of an individual or business, you could be entitled to seek compensation.
An Albany premises liability lawyer may be able to help. The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is available to explain your legal options during a free case review. If we work with you, we can be with you through the entire process of your claim. Call our team today at (404) 888-8888.
Premises Liability Cases
There are many ways in which the owners or manager of a property could have put you at risk. Whether you were the patron of a business, an invited guest, or you were on the property for a different reason, you should be able to expect reasonably safe conditions. It is possible that your safety or personal belongings were jeopardized in one of the following ways:
- Animal attack
- Unsafe walkways, such as snow, ice, or moisture that has not been cleared
- Unsafe guardrails
- Poor lighting
- Injuries at a swimming pool or other recreational activity site
Premises liability cases come in many forms, and there are several different ways in which your life can be affected by the negligence of others.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Albany, call (404) 888-8888
Types of Suffering You Could Be Experiencing
Experiencing the trauma of an accident on the property of another party can profoundly impact your life on a daily basis. It is even possible that your suffering can last weeks, months, or longer. If you were the victim of an accident involving premises liability, your suffering could come in the form of emotional trauma, physical injury, and financial loss. In the event that you lost a loved one to their injuries, you could be suffering emotional and other losses after their death.
- Physical Injury: Physical injuries can occur from slipping and falling, blows to the head, and other causes. Injuries can require ongoing medical care, leading to expensive bills and financial loss. Your quality of daily life could even be impacted, along with your ability to stay employed and earn wages. If you suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence on a property that was not your own, you could have a valid legal claim.
- Emotional Trauma: Experiencing an accident, injury, or traumatic event can affect your mental health. Some victims report sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, and even PTSD in the aftermath of an accident.
- Financial Loss: It is possible that an injury on someone else’s property caused you financial loss. This could be in the form of medical bills, lost or stolen property, and more. If you suffered financially in an incident that was not your fault, you may have legal options available.
- Death: In tragic cases, premises liability cases can be fatal. Wrongful deaths are preventable, and you may have grounds to pursue justice if your loved one was lost in a preventable manner.
Taking legal action is not for everyone, but if you experienced losses and injuries, you are not alone. You could have legal options available and could even seek financial compensation by taking action.
An Albany premises liability lawyer could help fight for your case. Call (404) 888-8888 and a team member with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will help you understand your options. Call today to find out more about how you can begin your journey towards justice.
Albany Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
According to O.C.G.A. § 51-3-1, if the owner or occupant of a property invites or willingly allows visitors on the premises, they could be responsible for any injuries incurred after failing to keep the property safe for visitors. If you were injured on a property, it is possible that a property owner or other party could be held liable for your accident and injury. It could be helpful to speak with a lawyer if you have specific questions regarding who was responsible for your accident and losses.
In the state of Georgia, there are limitations for how long a plaintiff has to file a suit for a personal injury case, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. It is important to act in a timely manner if you are considering pursuing legal action against those responsible for your injury or loss.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
As the victim in a premises liability case, you could be eligible for various forms of compensation. Every case is unique, but it is possible to recover compensation for the following type of losses if another party is found to be liable:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Damages for emotional trauma and suffering
- Compensation for property damage or loss
- Compensation for lost wages if your suffering resulted in missing work
- Much more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Legal Help
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands that suffering an injury or loss on someone else’s premises can be very difficult. There are many ways in which your life could be impacted negatively, but as you strive to recover, do not forget that you have legal options. You could be entitled to seek compensation that can make life easier moving forward.
To learn more about what you as a victim can do next, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to review your case with a team member. An Albany premises liability lawyer can help you fight for compensation. Call (404) 888-8888 today before it is too late.