When you step foot onto a property that is not yours, whether it is a home, business, or public space, you expect and deserve to be safe. However, sometimes property owners fail to keep visitors, guests, and patrons safe from hazards. If you were injured on the premises of an individual or business, you could be entitled to seek compensation.
An Albany premises liability lawyer may be able to help. The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is available to explain your legal options during a free case review. If we work with you, we can be with you through the entire process of your claim. Call our team today at (404) 888-8888.
Premises Liability Cases in Albany
There are many ways in which the owners or managers of a property could have put you at risk. Whether you were the patron of a business, an invited guest, or you were on the property for a different reason, you should be able to expect reasonably safe conditions. It is possible that your safety or personal belongings were jeopardized in one of the following ways:
- Animal attack
- Unsafe walkways, such as snow, ice, or moisture that has not been cleared
- Unsafe guardrails
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Injuries at a swimming pool or other recreational activity site
Premises liability cases come in many forms, and there are several different ways in which your life can be affected by the negligence of others.
Potentially Liable Parties in Your Albany Premises Liability Case
If you or a loved one was injured on someone else’s property, our personal injury lawyers will help you identify the negligent action or lack of action that caused your accident.
- Private property
- Animal owners
- Retail establishments
- Restaurants and cafes
- Amusement parks
- Shopping malls
- Public parks
- Parking lots
Property owners are required to maintain their property. If the negligent owner failed to do so in your case, we will prove it with a robust evidence file. The case file we build will include photos and videos, witness statements, and police, incident, or animal control reports.
We use the accumulated evidence to steer your case toward a favorable settlement agreement. If one cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take your case to court for appropriate resolution.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Albany, call (404) 888-8888
Albany Premises Liability FAQsWhat Is Considered a Hazardous Condition in a Premises Liability Case?Does Premises Liability Cover Animal Attacks in Georgia?How Much Is the Average Premises Liability SettlementHow Can I Prove Negligence in a Premises Liability Case?What Is a Premises Liability Case?What Evidence do I Need to File a Premises Liability Claim?
Types of Suffering You Could Be Experiencing
Experiencing the trauma of an accident on the property of another party can profoundly impact your life on a daily basis. It is even possible that your suffering can last weeks, months, or longer. If you were the victim of an accident involving premises liability, your suffering could come in the form of emotional trauma, physical injury, and financial loss.
In the event that you lost a loved one to their injuries, you could be suffering emotional and other losses after their death.
- Physical Injury:Physical injuries can occur from slipping and falling, blows to the head, and other causes. Injuries can require ongoing medical care, leading to expensive bills and financial loss. Your quality of daily life could even be impacted, along with your ability to stay employed and earn wages. If you suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence on a property that was not your own, you could have a valid legal claim.
- Emotional Trauma:Experiencing an accident, injury, or traumatic event can affect your mental health. Some victims report sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, and even PTSD in the aftermath of an accident.
- Financial Loss:It is possible that an injury on someone else’s property caused you financial loss. This could be in the form of medical bills, lost or stolen property, and more. If you suffered financially in an incident that was not your fault, you may have legal options available.
- Death:In tragic cases, premises liability cases can be fatal. Wrongful deaths are preventable, and you may have grounds to pursue justice if your loved one was lost in a preventable manner.
Taking legal action is not for everyone, but if you experienced losses and injuries, you are not alone. You could have legal options available and could even seek financial compensation by taking action.
An Albany premises liability lawyer could help fight for your case. Call (404) 888-8888 and a team member with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will help you understand your options. Call today to find out more about how you can begin your journey towards justice.
Albany Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Determining Liability for Negligent or Dangerous Conditions
According to O.C.G.A. § 51-3-1, if the owner or occupant of a property invites or willingly allows visitors on the premises, they could be responsible for any injuries incurred after failing to keep the property safe for visitors.
If you were injured on a property, it is possible that a property owner or other party could be held liable for your accident and injury. It could be helpful to speak with a lawyer if you have specific questions regarding who was responsible for your accident and losses.
In the state of Georgia, there are limitations on how long a plaintiff has to file a premises liability lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Additional notification and filing deadlines could apply if you are seeking compensation from a government agency. It is important to act in a timely manner if you are considering pursuing legal action against property owners and others responsible for your injury or loss.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
As the victim in a premises liability case, you could be eligible for various forms of compensation. Every case is unique, but it is possible to recover compensation for the following type of losses if another party is found to be liable:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Damages for emotional trauma and suffering
- Compensation for disabling or disfiguring injuries
- Compensation for property damage or loss
- Compensation for lost wages if your suffering resulted in missing work
- Much more
A recent premises liability claim resulted in a recovery of $300,000 for one premises liability client. Browse our case results page for more examples of financial compensation we recovered for previous clients.
Getting Legal Help With Your Premises Liability Case
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands that suffering an injury or loss on someone else’s premises can be very difficult. There are many ways in which your life could be impacted negatively, but as you strive to recover, do not forget that you have legal options. You could be entitled to seek compensation that can make life easier moving forward.
To learn more about what you as a victim can do next, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to review your case with a team member. Our client-centered, results-oriented team is on your side. Our Albany premises liability lawyer can help you fight for compensation. Call (404) 888-8888 today before it is too late.