Medical and other healthcare professionals in Albany, GA, have a duty to provide a standard of care to their patients and abide by acceptable rules and practices in their fields. When a healthcare professional violates the standard of care and commits medical malpractice, serious injuries can result.
If you or someone you love are the victims of medical malpractice, an Albany medical malpractice lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can handle your legal case for compensation so that you can take the time to recover while holding the liable party accountable. You can call our law firm today for a free case consultation.
Our Albany Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Recover Damages
Trust between you and your doctor is essential. Unfortunately, medical professionals make mistakes, and their negligence can cause serious injury and even death. This is known as medical malpractice. As a result, you may have crushing medical bills and can’t earn an income because you can’t work.
Your injuries and financial losses are a burden you should not have to carry. We can hold your doctor or medical professional accountable and recover damages that will cover the following:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Home services
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
We will consider these economic and non-economic damages when we assess your case’s value. If you lost someone you love because of a medical professional’s negligence, we offer you our most heartfelt condolences. Our firm can handle your case and seek wrongful death damages while you focus on grieving with your family during this difficult time.
The value of your case will depend on multiple factors, including the severity of your injuries and how long you were out of work. We have won multimillion-dollar settlements for our clients, and we will work to secure a compensation package that adequately covers your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Albany, call (404) 888-8888
A Medical Malpractice Lawyer From Our Firm Can Benefit Your Case in Albany
Having a lawyer who works for you ensures you protect your rights as you pursue your case. This is critical since your healthcare provider and their insurer likely will have lawyers representing them. We will guide you through the legal process as your case progresses and protect your best interests from attempts by the other side, which could seek to take advantage of you.
Hiring our attorney with experience handling medical malpractice cases can benefit you in the following ways:
- We will investigate the incident of medical malpractice and build your case by gathering evidence such as medical records, witness statements, and expert opinions. We’ll use the evidence to prove your doctor owed you a duty of care and that their breached duty caused your injury.
- We will calculate the value of your claim to determine how much compensation will cover your losses. This figure allows us to evaluate the fairness of any settlement offers that could come your way.
- We will negotiate with the insurance provider to reach an appropriate settlement. Insurance companies are profit-driven and will likely try to deny your claim to avoid making a payout.
- We will file a lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary to pursue the compensation you deserve. We prepare every case for this outcome.
- We will work directly with you as we manage your case because clients like you are family to us.
- We primarily handle personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, so we have the experience to fight for you.
You may not have been able to trust your doctor to treat you properly, but you can trust us to build your case for compensation.
Albany Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Our Albany Medical Malpractice Lawyer Will Handle Your Case With No Upfront Fees or Costs
You don’t have to worry about the cost of hiring a medical malpractice lawyer from our firm to take on your case because we work on a contingency fee basis. This means you don’t pay us unless you receive compensation.
If you have any questions about how payment works, your lawyer will explain in more detail during your free consultation. Financial ability should not prevent anyone from obtaining competent legal representation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Georgia Limits the Time You Have to Pursue Legal Action in a Medical Malpractice Case
Taking time to consider your options in response to a medical malpractice injury is normal. Consulting with an attorney can help you understand and choose an option. But you only have so much time to decide if you want to file an injury lawsuit.
Georgia law only gives you two years from the date of the medical malpractice incident or two years from the date of discovery to file a lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-71. If you fail to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out, you will forfeit your right to seek compensation through the legal process.
Our firm will work to meet any deadlines in your case so that you retain your right to sue.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
You expect your doctor to provide proper medical care. When a medical professional fails to meet the standard of care, considerable injuries and losses can result. Types of medical malpractice include:
- Misreading laboratory results
- Treating a patient while fatigued
- Ignoring patient history
- Surgical mistakes
- Complications administering anesthesia
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Birth injuries
- Using equipment incorrectly
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Discharging the patient too early
- Intoxication and drug use
- Failing to warn patients about potential risks
- Ordering incorrect tests
Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself during treatment. Your physician may be willing to correct any problems and answer your questions.
Our Albany Medical Malpractice Lawyer Is Ready to Evaluate Your Case Today
You have the right to expect your healthcare provider to exercise their duty of care to you and provide proper treatment in line with acceptable standards. Negligence is unacceptable, and you should hold negligent parties accountable so you can cover your losses and prevent their recklessness or carelessness from happening to someone else.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to review your next possible steps and legal options. Call us today for an initial free consultation to learn how our Albany medical malpractice lawyer can help you.