Slip and fall accidents can lead to long-term injuries and suffering. When you suffer such an accident, it can impact your life on a daily basis for weeks, months, or even years. If another party was possibly responsible for your injury, you could have grounds for legal action.
With enough evidence, victims of slip and fall accidents may be able to recover compensation by filing a claim against the responsible party. If you are interested in learning more about your options, an Albany slip and fall lawyer may be available to help. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 to begin discussing your case with our team.
Causes of Slip and Fall Injury
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone in any setting. Even if you are careful and do your part to stay safe, you can still become the victim of an accident. The following are some potential causes of a slip and fall:
- Excess or unnecessary moisture on a floor
- Uneven surfaces or bulging carpeting
- Worn traction
- Loose handrails, guardrails, and other stabilizing structures
- Tripping hazards obstructing walkways
- Improperly maintained or treated sidewalks and other heavily trafficked areas
- Dim lighting in corridors and stairwells
If one of these factors contributed to your slip and fall, you might not be at fault. Sometimes negligence can play a role in slip and fall accidents. For example, suppose a property manager is responsible for salting a sidewalk after a snowstorm but fails to do so in a timely manner. In that case, they can be liable for any resulting accident.
If a loved one is in a nursing home, and the staff fails to provide walking assistance as needed, it could lead to a slip and fall. While there are many ways in which slip and fall accidents can occur, understanding liability will help you determine if you have grounds for legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Albany, call (404) 888-8888
Determining Liability After a Slip and Fall Injury
Determining liability is an important aspect of every personal injury claim. Even if you were the one who fell, another party could have contributed to your accident and suffering in several different ways.
Negligence, or failure to act in a reasonable or responsible manner, is one way in which a third party could be liable. In other cases, a form of abuse can lead to a slip and fall accident. If you suspect someone else could be at fault for your injuries, it may be beneficial for you to discuss your case with a lawyer.
If you are considering legal action in the aftermath of a fall, get help from an Albany slip and fall lawyer with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. Our team can help compile the evidence necessary to build a compensation claim on your behalf. Call our office at (404) 888-8888 now to learn more.
Albany Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Damages in a Slip and Fall Injury Case
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that in 2015 alone, over 50 billion dollars of medical expenses resulted from falls. Many involved severe injuries, leading to hospitalization. After your slip and fall, you may be facing the following types of damages:
- Physical injuries: Slipping and falling can cause minor injuries such as cuts, scrapes, bruises, and soreness, but it is not unusual for victims to experience more serious injuries, too. Head trauma, broken bones, dislocations, concussions, and other severe forms of trauma can occur and have a lasting impact on your health, often requiring ongoing medical treatment.
- Emotional trauma: Victims of slip and fall accidents can suffer emotionally, as well. In severe cases, you could feel a sense of stress, anxiety, fear, and sleeplessness following a traumatic event. You could even lose your confidence in mobility, which could change how you go about your daily life.
- Financial loss: Doctor visits, expensive medications, and other monetary obligations related to your injuries can affect your financial well-being following a slip and fall. This is particularly challenging for victims who are simultaneously dealing with physical and emotional implications. You may also be missing out on wages if you are unable to work while in recovery.
If you are struggling with one or more of these damages, it is important to remember that you have legal rights for pursuing compensation. Hiring an attorney can help you understand your options and choose the best approach for your slip and fall accident case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
While every slip and fall accident is different, it is possible to recover different types of compensation if another party is liable. For example, you could be reimbursed for past and future medical expenses from your injuries, as well as lost wages.
If a judge deems that the responsible party was grossly negligent, it is possible to receive punitive damages to prevent future accidents of a similar nature. You could also receive reimbursement for legal fees, compensation for pain and suffering, and much more. Speaking with a lawyer can help you determine the types of compensation available to you and the total value of your case.
Seek Help from an Albany Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
Taking legal action after a slip and fall can seem overwhelming, especially while you are recovering from the emotional, physical, and financial repercussions of such a traumatic experience. While the process may be confusing at first, the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can explain each step and answer your questions along the way.
Call (404) 888-8888 today to find out how a member of the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team can help you in your pursuit of justice.