An Atlanta big rig accident attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers could help you fight for compensation if you were injured in a large truck accident. You may qualify for awards for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Big Rigs Are a Common Sight on Atlanta’s Roads
Big rigs are essential to Atlanta’s economy. The city is home to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world’s busiest passenger air hub. Interstates 20, 75, 85, and Georgia 400 are often clogged with trailer trucks.
All of this industry and infrastructure is a boon to commerce but can cause an increase in the number of large trucks on Atlanta’s roadways. This can threaten passenger vehicle drivers, whose smaller, lighter cars leave them vulnerable to serious injuries in a collision with a big rig.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), there were more than 5,000 fatal accidents and more than 118,000 injury crashes involving large trucks in 2019. The NSC also found that more than 40 percent of fatal truck accidents happen in urban areas like Atlanta.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accidents lawyer serving Atlanta, call (404) 888-8888
Our Team Can Help If You Suffered Injuries in a Big Rig Accident
The impact of a large, heavy big rig on a passenger vehicle can lead to devastating injuries with potentially lifelong complications. Your lawyer can assist you with a personal injury case if you sustained:
- A head, neck, or back injury
- An injury resulting in paralysis or loss of mobility
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
- An injury resulting in loss of sight, hearing, or other senses
- Loss of a limb or body part
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Severe bruising and lacerations
Atlanta Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Big Rig Drivers and Trucking Companies Must Exercise a Duty of Care
According to O.C.G.A. 51-1-2, a person is negligent when they fail to exercise a reasonable degree of care. Under O.C.G.A. 51-1-6, a person injured by another party’s negligence has the right to recover damages from the party that hurt them. Examples of negligence that may contribute to a big rig accident include:
- Driver error, inexperience, or recklessness
- Violation of Hours of Service Regulations
- Overloaded or improperly secured cargo
- Failure to vet, train, or drug test drivers
- Pressure to meet unreasonable shipping deadlines
- Lack of vehicle safety features
- Lack of vehicle maintenance
- Defective vehicle parts
- Roadway problems
Our attorneys can help you prove that one or more of the following parties is liable for your accident:
- A truck driver
- Another motorist
- The trucking company
- The big rig owner
- A vehicle or auto parts manufacturer
- The cargo owner or loader
- The private owner or government entity responsible for the roadway where your accident occurred
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Deserve Compensation for Your Medical Bills and Other Losses
You should not bear the financial burden of an accident you did not cause. Instead, the liable party should help pay for your damages and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Our attorneys can help you pursue:
These damages cover your calculable losses and provide awards for your:
- Your past and future medical bills
- Your lost wages
- Your loss of future earning capacity
- Your household services
- The cost of fixing or replacing your damaged vehicle or personal property
We can help you review your out-of-pocket expenses to date and prove your losses using your medical bills, repair receipts, and wage records. Our team will also help you estimate the amount of compensation you will need to pay for future accident-related medical treatment.
These awards are more subjective. They compensate you for how your injuries affect you physically, emotionally, and mentally. For example, you may receive compensation for:
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Chronic pain
- Loss of cognitive ability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our personal injury attorneys are familiar with pursuing pain and suffering damages and will work to help you maximize your awards.
Wrongful Death Compensation
If your loved one’s injuries resulted in their death, you could qualify to seek awards on their behalf. Wrongful death damages may include:
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Burial and funeral costs
- The value of their lost wages
- The loss of your loved one’s care, support, and companionship
Our lawyers can tell you more about wrongful death cases and how you can pursue justice for your loved one.
Our Big Rig Accident Attorneys’ Focus Will Allow You to Focus on Your Recovery
You have enough on your plate caring for yourself and your family during this difficult time. Our team understands that dealing with insurance companies or pursuing a lawsuit may be the last thing on your mind.
Let Bader Scott Injury Lawyers work on getting the money you need to get better. Your representatives can file your insurance claim and speak with the insurance companies on your behalf. Your lawyer will handle phone calls and emails from insurance agents and let the agents know we will not settle your case for less than you deserve
If your attorney cannot achieve an advantageous settlement, our firm can assist you with a lawsuit. Throughout the process, our team will:
- Treat you with professionalism and respect
- Listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and give you and your case our undivided attention
- Provide you with regular case updates
- Always give you the final say when it comes to matters affecting your case
Having our lawyers gather evidence, build a case for negligence, and work through the insurance process can take time. Get started as soon as possible following your big rig accident. If you must take legal action, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury or wrongful death case in Atlanta is two years, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to Get Started Today
Our team has helped thousands of Georgia injury victims like you win millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help with your financial recovery.