You may have a long recovery when you’ve faced personal injuries in an accident. Your entire life changed in seconds, and now you have to pick up the pieces and move forward. Your medical bills and household expenses may be accumulating quickly.
Know that you are not alone. You have options. If your accident resulted from someone else’s negligent actions, you might be owed compensation. An Athens personal injury attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will help you sort out the details.
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Georgia
Many different types of accidents result in viable personal injury claims. Some of the most common examples include:
- Automobile, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Boating accidents
- Wrongful death
- Workplace accidents
- Product liability
If someone else was responsible for causing your accident, you have the right to request compensation for your injuries. An Athens personal injury attorney from our team can help.
How Our Law Firm Can Help You
Like most people, you are likely worried about bills and additional medical expenses after an injury accident. The stress of keeping your head above water and trying to heal from your injuries can make things seem unbearable.
If you are at that point, it may be time to consider contacting a personal injury attorney’s team. Our lawyers know how to navigate the landscape of filing a personal injury claim. Some of the things a personal injury attorney can do for you include:
- Organize your medical bills
- Determine the financial cost of your injuries
- Build a personal injury claim for you
- Speak with witnesses while investigating your claim
- Review accident reports and additional evidence
- File paperwork on your behalf
- Negotiate with insurance carriers
- Track the progress of your claim
While an attorney is busy doing all the legwork, you can be busy getting better. Working on recovery without the added stress of trying to file an injury claim can offer you peace of mind.
Our injury attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers have experience with personal injury cases. We offer a complimentary consultation so you can discuss your case with us. Discover how we can help you move forward with healing and receiving the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Athens, call (404) 888-8888
What Compensation You Can Receive
When you begin a personal injury claim, you can seek different types of compensation.
Damages can be economic (direct expenses) and non-economic, which are in addition to actual expenditures.
These damages can include all expenses for anything resulting from your injuries, such as:
- Medical expenses: This includes all tests, doctors, surgeries, hospital expenses, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, and physical therapy. In cases of disability, this could consist of modifications such as a wheelchair ramp. Depending on your injuries, you may also include necessary future treatments.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity: Our attorneys can fight for the wages you lost due to an inability to work. This may also include future lost or reduced wages due to your injuries.
- Property damage: This can include repairing or replacing your automobile or other property damage.
- Travel to and from medical appointments: Uber, Lyft, ambulances, and medical transport services can be recovered if the expenses are a direct result of your injuries.
Your compensation may also include expected future losses, additional medical procedures, surgeries, physical therapy, and other expenses resulting from your injuries.
Available compensation in this area could include additional monetary awards for the things that money can’t buy. Some potentially available awards include:
- Permanent disability or dismemberment: Any injury that will continue to bear on your daily life—such as a lost limb, traumatic brain injury, or permanent disability—can be added to your claim.
- Pain and suffering: This area includes emotional trauma, mental anguish, and continuing physical pain from your injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Your injuries may prevent you from doing things you formerly enjoyed. This loss of enjoyment is compensable.
- Loss of consortium: All too often, serious injury changes your ability to maintain a relationship. If your injury caused strife in your relationships, that might be compensatable.
How Long Will a Claim Take?
Each personal injury claim is unique. There is no predetermined timetable that allows us to quote a date for your case’s completion. Most personal injury claims settle before reaching a courtroom. Settling out of court can make for a more efficient resolution of your case.
It may take time to collect and document the full extent of your injuries and damages. Be assured that our office will diligently collect and organize your claim promptly and work hard to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Athens Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Wrongful Death Claims
If you experienced the loss of a loved one, we offer our heartfelt condolences for your loss. Your family needs this time to grieve without the worries associated with trying to file a claim. Our attorneys can fight for compensation for your family with a wrongful death claim. Damages we can demand include:
- Loss of support: If you lost the head of your household or a loved one who provided support and security for the family, you might receive compensation to restore that sense of security.
- Funeral and burial costs: Final expenses can cause financial ruin in a family. We can seek compensation for these unexpected expenses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
In any personal injury claim involving negligence, there must be four elements present in the case:
- Duty: This means that the responsible party had a duty of care towards you.
- Breach: The party neglected to act in a manner that would have prevented an accident.
- Causation: The responsible party’s actions played a direct role in causing the accident or injuries.
- Damages: This refers to the damages and injuries that resulted from the party’s breach of duty.
When all four elements are present, you can establish negligence. A personal injury attorney from our team will work to assemble your claim and compile strong evidence to see your claim through to a final resolution.
Moving Forward With Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our results speak for themselves. Contact our office soon to schedule your complimentary consultation and discuss your Athens personal injury case with a representative.