Do you want help securing full and fair compensation for your big rig accident injuries? Look no further than Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. Our accident lawyers are dedicated to helping auto accident victims get back on their feet, and we will work tirelessly to secure the damages you need and deserve.
Our Rome truck accident lawyers will stand by your side and manage every detail of your case so you can focus on your health or caring for your injured loved one. Speaking with our law firm is always free and confidential. Call today to schedule a consultation.
Our Big Rig Accident Lawyers Assist Victims With Severe and Fatal Injuries
Big rigs, semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers—call them what you want—these large and heavy trucks can cause severe injuries and significant damages in a crash.
All too often, those in smaller vehicles bear the brunt of the collision. In fact, according to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), in 2021, only 16 percent of fatal truck accident victims were truck occupants. The remaining victims were passenger vehicle occupants, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
If you or your loved one was hurt in an accident, our big rig accident lawyers serving Rome, GA, can help you seek financial justice. We have experience with cases involving catastrophic and deadly truck crash injuries, including the following:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of a limb
- Internal injuries and organ damage
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accidents lawyer serving Rome, call (404) 888-8888
We Will Seek Fair Compensation for Your Truck Accident Damages
You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. If your big rig accident resulted from negligence or wrongdoing, our personal injury attorneys will hold the liable parties financially accountable. In general, compensation may include the following:
Economic damages include your actual, out-of-pocket expenses and expected future losses. Our truck accident attorneys can calculate these costs using bills, receipts, pay stubs, and estimates. These awards may include the following:
- Emergency transportation
- Emergency department services
- Doctor’s visits
- Medications and medical equipment
- Physical therapy
- Long-term nursing
- Lost wages, earnings, and employment benefits
- Lost future earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services
The toll of a big-rig collision is not strictly monetary. A severe injury can affect your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Non-economic damages compensate for these losses and may include awards for the following:
- Physical pain
- Permanent and disabling injuries
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one died from fatal big rig accident injuries, our wrongful death attorneys can help you recover compensation for expenses paid by their estate and losses suffered by their surviving family members. We can pursue medical costs, funeral and burial costs, your loved one’s lost wages, benefits, and services, and awards for the loss of your loved one’s advice, companionship, and counsel.
Our law firm is ready to fight for you and your family. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today to learn more about how our Rome big rig accident lawyers can help you.
Rome Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We Will Prove Big Rig Accident Liability
There are many entities involved with a big rig and its cargo. Any one of the following could be financially liable for your damages if their negligence led to your crash:
- A truck driver. Truck drivers must follow the same traffic laws as all motorists. In addition, they must adhere to specific regulations that apply to commercial vehicle operators. Examples of truck driver negligence include distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding or traveling too fast for current conditions, and fatigued driving.
- A trucking company. Trucking companies act negligently when they fail to ensure their drivers have the proper training and licenses, fail to conduct mandatory alcohol and drug screenings, do not maintain their vehicle fleets, or pressure drivers to stick to unreasonable delivery schedules. A trucking company can also be vicariously liable for its drivers’ actions even if the company itself was not negligent.
- The entity in charge of the truck’s cargo. Tractor trailers can be hard to control under the best conditions. When drivers have to contend with shifting, falling, or overloaded cargo, it can make operating a big rig even more challenging. Therefore, companies that load big rigs must ensure it is done safely and secure the cargo properly. If not, they may be responsible for your crash damages.
- The entity responsible for the big rig’s maintenance. Blown tires, engine failure, improperly secured trailer hitches, and other mechanical issues can cause a truck wreck. If your accident resulted from a problem with the big rig, the truck’s owner, the entity in charge of maintenance, or an auto parts manufacturer may be liable.
- A third-party motorist. If the driver of another vehicle caused your accident, we can hold them responsible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long do You Have to Pursue a Big Rig Accident Claim in Georgia?
You do not have unlimited time to pursue your case. According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33,
you must file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within two years of your big rig accident, or you could lose your chance to secure compensation.
Our accident attorneys can help you build and file your case before the statute of limitations expires. Our legal team will:
- Visit the accident scene, take photos, and collect physical evidence
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Get a copy of your police report and medical records
- Hire and consult with crash reconstructionists and other case experts when needed
- Obtain evidence in the liable party’s possession, including driver’s logs, truck surveillance video, and maintenance and inspection records
- Identify and calculate your losses
- Prepare and file your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Aggressively negotiate for the compensation you deserve
- File a lawsuit before time runs out and represent you at trial if necessary
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for Help With Your Truck Accident Case
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has the dedication and experience you need to get the job done. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our Rome big rig accident attorneys. We take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay no upfront fees and don’t owe us attorney’s fees unless we win.
Connect with a lawyer from our firm today.