Not all car accident injuries are visible. Internal body injuries can have serious, often life-altering consequences. If you or a loved one sustained internal body injuries in a car accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
An East Point internal body injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for the losses you experienced because of your accident. Call our office at (404) 888-8888 today to schedule a free case assessment. We take car accident injury cases on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay a fee until we secure financial compensation for you.
Internal Body Damage Can Be Life-Threatening
A serious car accident can cause a person’s body to be violently jolted. This can result in severe internal injuries. Many of these injuries require immediate medical care and can be life-threatening. Some of the most common internal body injuries suffered in car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A TBI can lead to serious impairment. Someone who sustains a TBI may suffer headaches, dizziness, seizures, light and noise sensitivity, and psychological or cognitive issues.
- Brain bleeds: The forces of a vehicle collision can cause a person’s brain to move within their skull. This can cause an intracranial hemorrhage, also known as a brain bleed. According to the Cleveland Clinic, brain bleeds may lead to brain damage and significant physical or mental disabilities.
- Internal organ damage: Damage to vital organs often requires extensive emergency medical treatment.
- Broken ribs and pneumothorax: Broken ribs are often extremely painful. Worse, a broken rib can puncture internal organs and cause even further damage. Pneumothorax often results from a blunt force to the chest, causing the lung to collapse.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm: According to the Mayo Clinic, aortic aneurysms can be caused by car accidents and may require emergency surgery to repair.
For a free legal consultation with a internal body injury lawyer serving East Point, call (404) 888-8888
An East Point Internal Body Lawyer Can Help You Seek Compensation
The medical expenses resulting from an internal body injury can be serious. Through a personal injury claim, you may be able to receive reimbursement for your past, present, and future medical expenses. You may be able to seek compensation for:
- Emergency room treatment
- Prescription medication costs
- Specialist treatment
- Diagnostic tests such as an ultrasound or computed tomography scan (CT scan)
- Ongoing medical treatment
An internal body injury may leave you unable to work for a considerable amount of time. You may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages from the time you spent off work. If you were left permanently disabled after your accident, you may also be compensated for the damage to your income-earning capacity.
Your injuries may have caused severe pain and suffering. Through a personal injury claim, you may be entitled to compensation for your physical and mental suffering.
Most damages are intended to compensate an injured person for the financial harm they experienced because of their accident. Punitive damages are meant to punish an offender for conduct that was intentionally harmful, immoral, or exceptionally reckless, according to Georgia Code (O.C.G.A.) § 51-12-5.1.
You may be entitled to punitive damages if your accident was caused by someone who was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving recklessly, or was otherwise grossly negligent. Your attorney can help you determine if your case may be eligible for punitive damages in addition to your compensatory damages.
East Point Internal Body Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Determining Liability in a Georgia Car Accident
In a car accident claim, the liable party is the party who is legally responsible for the losses caused by the accident. This may be a fairly straightforward determination, or assigning liability may involve some investigation, depending on the details of your case. For example, the individual liable for your losses may be:
- A driver who was intoxicated, distracted, fatigued, or otherwise driving negligently
- The trucking company who allowed a truck driver to ignore safety regulations
- The party who improperly secured truck cargo
- The party responsible for maintaining a malfunctioning vehicle
- The governmental entity that did not properly maintain the road or ensure that there was adequate signage
- The manufacturer of defective equipment or a faulty vehicle part
Determining liability and demonstrating negligence are two of the most crucial elements in a personal injury claim.
How a Lawyer Can Help Your Injury Claim
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can work to protect your rights and help you pursue the compensation you need. An East Point internal body injury lawyer can:
- Explain complicated legal terminology and ensure you understand your rights
- File claims and handle legal paperwork with the insurance companies
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Gather evidence to demonstrate the defendant’s negligence
- Interview witnesses to the accident
- Consult with medical experts, accident reconstructionists, or other professionals
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and fight for a settlement
- Represent you in court during a personal injury lawsuit if a settlement is not reached out of court
A serious car accident can leave you in pain, out of work, and burdened with large medical bills. Let Bader Scott Injury Lawyers handle your personal injury claim on your behalf so that you can take the time you need to recover. Call our office at (404) 888-8888 and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more.
Georgia Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
The term “statute of limitations” refers to the time limit for filing a legal action. In Georgia, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. If your claim is not filed in this time period, you may not be able to recover compensation. This is why it is important to get started on your claim as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an East Point Internal Body Injury Lawyer for Legal Support
If another party’s negligence resulted in your internal injuries, a personal injury claim may enable you to hold that party accountable. Additionally, you may be able to pursue compensation for your past and future medical expenses, lost income, disability, and more.
Contact an East Point internal body injury lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888. Schedule your cost-free, no-obligation case assessment today. We work on personal injury cases using a contingency fee structure. You pay nothing unless we are able to recover financial compensation for you.