According to the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH), car crashes resulted in nearly 116,000 emergency room visits in 2018 alone. If you or a loved one sustained contusions or lacerations in a car accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Contusions and lacerations can cause significant pain and suffering. A deep laceration or contusion may prevent someone from being able to work or even carry out everyday responsibilities. Lacerations can also lead to permanent scars and disfigurement.
An East Point contusions and lacerations lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you pursue financial compensation for contusions and lacerations sustained in an auto accident. Call our office at (404) 888-8888 today and schedule a free case assessment. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no upfront fees.
Car Accidents Caused by Negligent Driving
Negligent driving can take many forms. Distracted driving, including texting while driving, is a significant issue in Georgia as well as across the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that over 1,000 people are injured in distracted driving accidents every day in the U.S. Drunk driving, drugged driving, reckless driving, failure to follow traffic laws, and other forms of negligent driving lead to numerous accidents.
If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, a personal injury claim may be able to hold that party accountable and help you recover compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a contusions and lacerations lawyer serving East Point, call (404) 888-8888
Lacerations And Contusions Can Incur Significant Medical Expenses
Car accidents can easily result in painful cuts and bruises. These injuries can require anything from minor to considerable medical treatment. A deep laceration may require stitches and ongoing wound care. You may need to continually dress and redress the wound with sterile gauze or other types of bandages. If the laceration becomes infected, you may need further medical treatment including antibiotic medication. The costs associated with these medical needs can quickly add up.
Contusions are typically caused when an object such as a steering wheel crushes soft tissue or muscles without breaking the skin. Contusions can cause painful swelling and weakness. Some contusions can be signs of internal organ damage, broken bones, or other major injuries. As a result of your contusions, you may need to undergo expensive diagnostic tests such as x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, or computerized tomography (CT) scans.
East Point Contusions And Lacerations Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Seeking Compensation with Help from an East Point Contusions And Lacerations Lawyer
The costs resulting from a car accident can be considerable. With help from an East Point contusions and lacerations lawyer, you may be able to recover financial compensation for these costs. You could be compensated for:
- Your lost income from missed work
- Medical needs including emergency room treatment, diagnostic tests, medical supplies such as bandages, prescription medication, and more
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle damage or other property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses caused by your accident
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today to learn more about pursuing compensation after a car accident. Call our office at (404) 888-8888 and schedule a free case evaluation.
Demonstrating Negligence in a Car Accident Injury Claim
To process a car accident injury claim and pursue compensation for your losses, our team will need to gather evidence from your accident to demonstrate four main elements:
- Duty: The defendant had a duty of care to drive responsibly and follow the law.
- Breach of duty: The defendant did not uphold this duty of care.
- Causation: Your injuries were caused by the defendant’s breach of duty.
- Losses: You suffered losses as a result of your injuries.
In other words, we can work to show that an offending party’s negligence behind the wheel led to your injuries. To do so, we will analyze any evidence of the other driver’s negligence, including police reports or witness statements.
A lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can speak with you more about demonstrating negligence in your particular case, and we can help you with every step in the process of your injury claim. Our team can:
- Explain your rights and legal options: Understanding your rights after a car accident injury is important. We can help you consider all of your options and determine the approach that is most likely to benefit your case.
- Determine the liable party: The defendant in a car accident injury claim is often another driver. However, it is also possible that another party or several other parties are liable for your accident. For example, the liable party may be a negligent trucking company or the manufacturer or distributor of a faulty vehicle part.
- Gather evidence to support your claim: We may use photographs and videos, footage from surveillance cameras or dashcams, police reports, and other types of evidence to prove the elements necessary to demonstrate your case.
- Calculate your losses: On your own, it can be complicated to assess the full extent of your losses. Our team can help you identify and quantify all sources of loss.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf: Dealing with insurance companies can be confusing, frustrating, and time-consuming. Let our team negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Represent you during a personal injury lawsuit: If an adequate settlement cannot be reached, we can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one suffered contusions and lacerations in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Reimbursement for your lost wages from missed work, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other losses may be possible. However, it is important to act quickly. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Georgia is two years, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. After this time period is up, you may not be able to file a claim.
To learn more about filing a personal injury claim and pursuing compensation for your injuries, contact an East Point contusions and lacerations lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. Call our office today at (404) 888-8888 and schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation. Remember, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers takes personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay nothing unless we are able to recover compensation for your losses.