The term “side-impact collision” refers to accidents in which one vehicle collides with the side of another. There are many circumstances under which these accidents can occur. What is important to understand is that these collisions have the potential to cause serious long-term consequences.
While some of these accidents are minor, many can cause life-altering injuries. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly 36,560 motorists died in these crashes in 2018 alone. Of those fatalities, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that approximately 23 percent involved side-impact collisions. Substantially more motorists suffered injuries that were non-fatal.
If you suffered injuries in a side-impact accident, the team at the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to help. Call (404) 888-8888 to schedule your free consultation with an East Point side-impact collisions lawyer today.
Understanding Side-Impact Accidents
There are two types of side-impact motor vehicle accidents, depending on the part of the vehicles involved in the collision. These accidents are known as T-bone and broadside collisions.
A T-bone accident occurs when the front end of one car crashes into the side panel of another. This type of accident is most commonly associated with drivers who fail to stop at a traffic control device. A motorist who does not yield at a stop sign or traffic light has a chance of colliding with a driver crossing the intersection in front of them. These accidents are often devastating, given that they frequently occur at high speeds.
The second type of side-impact crash is the broadside collision. These accidents involve the sides of two vehicles striking each other, and they typically occur when two drivers are traveling side-by-side. One motorist may fail to notice the other and attempt to change lanes, colliding with the side of their vehicle. In a best-case scenario, these collisions do little more than swap paint between the two cars. Unfortunately, one or both drivers may lose control of the vehicle following a broadside accident, leading to further damage.
No matter the nature of the crash, a side-impact collision could result in a viable claim for compensation in many cases. If you succeed with your claim, you could obtain the financial award needed to get your life back on track after an accident.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving East Point, call (404) 888-8888
Injuries in Side-Impact Collisions
Due to their potential severity, it is helpful to understand the nature of side-impact accidents. The injuries that can follow a side-impact collision can be devastating. Not only do these accidents involve areas of a motor vehicle with a lower ability to absorb major impacts, but they also frequently lead to rollovers as well. Some of the injuries common with side-impact crashes include the following:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Lacerations, scrapes, and bruises
- Broken bones, including hips, legs, arms, and ribs
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains and strains
If you have suffered any of these injuries following a side-impact crash, do not hesitate to speak with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers right away. Our team will discuss your options with you and may provide you with options on how to proceed with your claim. For a thorough review of your case, call (404) 888-8888 to schedule a free consultation with an East Point side-impact collisions lawyer.
East Point Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Common Types of Compensation in a Side-Impact Collision Case
When you pursue a lawsuit following a severe motor vehicle collision, it allows you to seek financial compensation for your injuries. While this often includes recouping the cost of your treatment, there is a wide range of damages you might recover. These damages include:
- Medical bills. The cost of medical treatment is central to most side-impact accident claims. These claims can include the cost of emergency surgery, ambulance rides, prosthetic devices, prescription medication, and physical therapy, among other medical needs.
- Property damage. In addition to your physical injuries, you could also recover any losses related to your personal property. This could include the cost of replacing or repairing your damaged vehicle.
- Lost wages. Missing time away from work due to injury can lead to steep financial consequences. If you succeed in your personal injury case, you could recover the wages you missed through no fault of your own.
- Diminished future earning power. In some cases, your injuries could permanently alter your ability to make a living in the future. Any diminishment in your future earning power could result in a monetary award.
- Pain and suffering. The pain that comes with a serious accident can be severe. From lacerations to broken bones, the process of healing can be exceptionally painful. Your claim could result in compensation for this physical agony and any emotional suffering you experience as a result.
Obtaining the compensation you deserve starts with a careful review of your damages following a collision. Your attorney can review your medical records, property repair bills, and employment records to identify the exact amount you should pursue in your lawsuit.
Our goal is to ensure that any settlement you agree to is in your best interest. Once you accept, you can never come back to the at-fault party for additional compensation. Properly identifying the compensation you are eligible for is a crucial step in the process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Could Recover Compensation Following a Side-Impact Collision
Following a side-impact accident, do not hesitate to reach out to the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to discuss your case. Our attorneys take pride in advocating on behalf of East Point injury victims, and we look forward to the chance to fight for you.
Our attorneys recognize what is at stake in side-impact injury claims. We will work hard to ensure that you have the best opportunity of recovering the damages you deserve. To learn more, call (404) 888-8888 to schedule your free consultation with an East Point side-impact collisions lawyer from our firm.