Slips and falls on property belonging to others can lead to significant injuries for you or your loved one. When some hazard or dangerous condition on the property results in a slip and fall, you may have a personal injury case against the property owner or other responsible parties.
Consulting one of our slip and fall lawyers may allow you to get the legal advice that you need under these circumstances.
Recoverable Damages in Your Macon Slip and Fall Injury Claim
If the negligence of property owners or other parties caused your slip and fall injuries, you may have a personal injury case against those parties. You might be able to recover different losses related to your injuries, including compensation for:
- Medical bills (including hospitalization, surgery, ER visits, medications, physical therapy, and more)
- Lost income (from being unable to work)
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The type of injuries and other losses that you suffered in the accident will determine the amount and kind of damages for which you might qualify. The value of your case will also differ according to various factors, including:
- The severity of the injuries you suffered
- Whether those injuries were permanent
- Whether you can return to work
- Your ongoing medical costs
A permanent impairment is likely to result in a higher compensation amount than a temporary impairment that eventually allows you to resume your regular activities. However, even so-called moderate injuries could result in more compensation than you realize. You don’t have to determine the value of your case on your own—we can do that for you.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Macon, call (404) 888-8888
How We Can Help after a Slip and Fall Injury
Some slip and fall injuries are minor, but others result in severe injuries that may leave you permanently impaired. While you are getting medical treatment and working toward recovery, we can investigate the circumstances that led to your injuries.
From this investigation, we can gather important evidence to build a compelling case, such as:
- Who is responsible for maintaining the property where you fell
- What caused you to slip, fall, and suffer an injury
- Whether the property owner knew (or should have known) about the dangerous condition
- Whether others were harmed before you because of the same hazard
Other things we can find proof of are:
- What steps the property owner has taken to remedy the hazard or warn others of its existence
- How long the dangerous condition was present on the property
- What your relationship is with the property owner
- Details regarding the extent of your injuries and other losses
By gathering this information, we can evaluate your potential legal case and identify the parties who may be liable for the costs of your injuries.
Obtaining evidence to support your claim is likely easier when you act quickly following a slip and fall accident. Seeking prompt legal advice may enable you to build the strongest case possible in support of your personal injury case.
Macon Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Deadlines for Filing Macon Slip and Fall Injury Cases
Another important reason to seek legal advice as quickly as possible following your slip and fall injury is the deadline that you will face for filing your case. Under OCGA §9-33-3, you generally only have two years from the date of your accident to file your case in court. Meeting this deadline (also called the statute of limitations) is crucial to protecting your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
Although you may think you have plenty of time to pursue your case, pursuing personal injury cases can involve a lengthy process. If you contact us in time, a slip and fall lawyer from our team can help preserve your legal rights by ensuring that you meet the statute of limitations.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Property Owner’s Negligence May Make Them Liable for Your Injury
Slip and fall accidents can occur on private or public property and may result from any number of unsafe conditions. If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident on property owned or managed by another person or entity, those parties may be liable for your injuries and related losses.
Property owners have a legal duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe manner. This duty involves not only fixing any dangerous conditions or warning others of the danger in a timely manner, but also periodically inspecting the property to ensure that it is safe.
Click to contact our Macon Personal Injury Lawyers today
How the At-fault Party Might Have Caused You Harm
Forms of negligence that may lead to slip and fall accidents may include:
- Cracked sidewalks
- Water or other spills on floors
- Holes in carpeting or flooring
- Broken or deteriorating steps or handrails
- And more
Property owners could be liable for injuries that result from failing to fix or warn of hazards on their property.
What You Should Know About Determining Liability in a Slip And Fall Case
The owners of a property often are liable when someone is injured on their property. However, other parties can face liability for a slip and fall injury, too. For instance:
A company or manager who rents space for a store may be responsible for maintaining the property.
- If your injury occurs at a private residence, the property owner may be liable for the injury.
- If tenants are renting a private residence, they may be liable for any injuries that occur if they are responsible for the condition that led to your injuries.
- If the landlord is responsible for maintaining or remedying the rental property’s hazard, then they also may be liable.
Liability can be especially complicated in any personal injury case. We can pursue the appropriate party for their negligence and work to hold them responsible.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Can Help You Recover Your Losses
Whether you slipped on wet flooring at a grocery store or fell on a poorly maintained sidewalk outside a restaurant, you may have a claim against other parties for your losses. One of our slip and fall lawyers can help you get the evidence necessary to support your claim for damages and meet all legal requirements.
We know how financially devastating severe injuries following a slip and fall accident can be, both for you and your family. We provide legal representation in Macon slip and fall cases at no upfront cost to you. You will pay no legal fees unless you receive compensation for your losses from the parties who are responsible for your injuries.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888 and learn more about how we can help.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form