If your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence, you may have the right to seek compensation on their behalf. However, you deserve to focus on healing and be with your loved ones—hiring a Macon personal injury lawyer will allow you to do that.
Our firm will provide complete financial support. A wrongful death attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you with an insurance claim or lawsuit for fatal injuries occurring in or around Macon. Call us today for a free consultation. Our law firm can explain your legal options.
Recoverable Damages in Your Macon Wrongful Death Case
Wrongful death cases allow family members of the deceased to seek compensation—a form of justice—for the toll of losing a loved one. In Georgia, surviving family members may file a wrongful death claim seeking compensation for:
- Medical expenses related to the deceased’s fatal injury or illness
- Pain and suffering the deceased endured before their death
- Pain and suffering surviving loved ones experience because of their loved one’s passing
- Loss of companionship (for a spouse)
- Loss of guidance and support (for a child who has lost their parent)
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Loss of the deceased person’s contributions to their household
Our legal team will pursue a fair settlement, which may be substantial. Losing a loved one is a difficult time for all affected parties, and a wrongful death lawsuit holds the responsible party accountable for the fatal accident.
Our firm offers its sincere condolences for your loss. A wrongful death lawyer from our team serving Macon will treat your case as if our own loved one had tragically passed.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Case?
According to O.C.G.A. § 51-4-2, the deceased’s spouse has the right to pursue wrongful death compensation on their behalf and on behalf of the deceased’s minor children. The right passes directly to the deceased’s children if there is no surviving spouse. If the deceased has no descendants, the deceased’s parent may lead a wrongful death claim.
However, the personal representative of the decedent’s estate may need to file a wrongful death claim. This is one reason why having legal representation after a wrongful death can greatly benefit you.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Macon, call (404) 888-8888
Macon Wrongful Death FAQsWhat Requirements Must Be Met for a Wrongful Death Claim in Smyrna?What Are the Legal Requirements for a Wrongful Death Claim in Decatur?How Hard Is It to Prove Wrongful Death?How Does a Wrongful Death Claim Work?What Is the Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death?What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
Macon Wrongful Death FAQs
- What Are the Legal Requirements for a Wrongful Death Claim in Decatur?
- How Hard Is It to Prove Wrongful Death?
- How Does a Wrongful Death Claim Work?
- What Is the Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death?
- What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
- How Much is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
Macon Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What Types of Accidents Qualify for Wrongful Death Cases?
You can take legal action for wrongful death if your loved one’s passing resulted from negligence. Many wrongful death cases would qualify as personal injury cases had the deceased not died, as the negligence standard also applies to personal injury cases.
A wrongful death case often involves an unexpected death caused by:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Boating accidents
- Assaults or homicides caused by negligent security
- Medical malpractice, including a missed or delayed diagnosis
- Swimming pool accidents
- Medication errors
- Workplace accidents, including construction accidents
- Illnesses and diseases caused by harmful or toxic substances
- Injuries caused by faulty, defective, or dangerous products
Our personal injury lawyers serving Macon have handled many cases, and we know what it takes to get justice for clients.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Will Review All Options for Seeking Justice for a Wrongful Death, Including Insurance Claims
We may be able to secure a just outcome to your case through an insurance claim, as several types of insurance account for wrongful deaths. Our team will explore the possibility of resolving your case through:
- An automobile insurance claim
- A renters or homeowners insurance claim
- A medical malpractice insurance claim
- A business liability insurance claim
- A product liability insurance claim
- A worker’s compensation claim
An attorney familiar with wrongful death cases can look into your loved one’s death and evaluate your options for compensation. We can take the stress out of the process by handling every aspect of your legal claim.
How Our Team Serving Macon Will Fight for a Financial Recovery After Your Loved One’s Death
Our team will compassionately lead your fight for justice, and we will:
- Draft and submit all case-related paperwork
- Communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Review your settlement offers and advise you about whether they are fair
- Negotiate for the entire sum of compensation you and your loved ones are entitled to receive
- Provide frequent updates about your case
- Take your case to trial in Macon, if necessary
Our case’s track record shows a willingness to take wrongful death cases to trial. Our mission is to hold liable parties accountable for the negligent action that caused your loved one’s death. Whether through a settlement or verdict, we will work hard to secure the result you deserve.
Proving Negligence in a Wrongful Death Case
To secure the compensation you deserve, we must show that the liable party’s negligence caused your loved one’s fatal injury or illness. We may prove the negligent party’s fatal actions by establishing these four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The negligent party was obligated, either by law or profession, to behave in a way that a reasonable person in the same situation with a similar background would. They owed it to your loved one to provide a safe environment. To establish the duty of care, we will identify the relationship between your loved one and the negligent party.
- Breach of duty: In some way, either by action or inaction, the negligent party violated the duty of care, placing your loved one in a dangerous position. To establish the breach, we will find out how the negligent party deviated from the accepted norms.
- Causation: This breach of duty led to an accident and your loved one’s passing. We will present the link between the negligent party’s actions, the accident, and your loved one.
- Damages: You and your family are now suffering emotionally and financially. To establish damages, we will document all the losses that have resulted from the negligent party’s breach of the duty of care.
Our attorneys have made this same argument in countless wrongful death cases, always tailoring the argument to the client’s unique case. We will make the same argument as we pursue a financial recovery for your tragic loss.
We Will Investigate the Wrongful Death and Gather Evidence
Our personal injury attorneys will investigate your loved one’s passing and gather the evidence to build your case. Such evidence may include:
- Accident and police reports
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Videos from dash cams, private surveillance, and traffic cameras
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimony from accident reconstruction, medical, and financial
- Medical records
What Can Survivors Do to Help With Their Wrongful Death Claim in Macon?
Your focus should be on your mental health, but you must take certain actions to protect the financial recovery we seek for you.
Don’t Speak With the Insurance Companies
If an insurance company contacts you, it is best to provide as little detail as possible about your loved one’s accident and injuries. You can refer them to us, and we will contact you if you must provide a statement or take any other action.
Keep A Record of Events
You may also maintain a journal documenting what you remember and the harm you’re suffering because of your loved one’s passing. We may use your account as proof of damages during settlement negotiations, exercising the utmost discretion if we do so.
Also, keep all records related to your loved one’s death, including medical bills, funeral-related invoices, and other documentation of financial losses.
Act Quickly to Pursue Justice for Your Immense Loss in Macon
Be sure to contact a lawyer from our team before the statute of limitations for your case expires. We will utilize all the time you provide us to gather evidence and file your case before any deadlines expire.
If we cannot reach a fair settlement and have to file suit, you generally have two years from your loved one’s death, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Some factors could extend your time limit, but you should proceed as if this two-year deadline applies to your case.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Will Help Your Family Seek Justice After a Wrongful Death
We want to help you seek justice for your lost loved one and ensure you do not face expenses caused by someone else’s negligence. Since our founding in 2008, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers has prided itself on our service to our clients.
We promise to:
- Treat you with respect
- Connect you with an attorney or case manager the same day you call
- Provide timely updates on your case
- Answer any questions you may have at any time
- Provide you with a written agreement outlining our services and fees
- Provide regular case updates
- Show you respect and compassion throughout the legal process
- Always allow you the final say when it comes to your case
We have helped many clients throughout Georgia, including in the Macon area. Our results include several multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts, each of which we pursued to get justice for our clients.
We serve our clients by taking their cases on a contingency fee. Our representation will cost you nothing up front. Our fees come from the compensation we win for you. If we do not secure the money you need, we do not get paid.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation About Your Wrongful Death Case in Macon
During your free case evaluation, a team member will explain your legal rights and advise you on the options for seeking justice. They will explain exactly how a Macon wrongful death lawyer from our team will assist you.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for a free legal consultation, which is your chance to learn more about how we can help with your wrongful death action.