One-way streets in Athens, such as South Lumpkin Street and North Hull Street, can make getting around the area confusing. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Athens because another driver went in the wrong direction on the roadway, you can seek compensation.
An Athens wrong-way car accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can take on your case and fight to hold the appropriate party or parties accountable for your damages. We offer the first consultation for free to get started.
We Can Help You Demand Compensation for Your Wrong-Way Car Accident
Car accident victims in Athens, Georgia, can opt to seek financial compensation for their injuries and losses through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. This type of case allows the plaintiff (i.e., the car accident victim) to list the damages they incurred, be it financial or non-financial, and present their argument for why the defendant should be held liable to recover those losses.
Some common examples of compensatory damages listed in personal injury cases involving automobile accidents include:
- Property damage costs, such as vehicle repair expenses or the actual cash value of your totaled vehicle
- Medical expenses, including future expenses you may have to pay if your injuries are long-term or permanent
- Current and future income loss if your injuries were/are severe enough to put you out of work
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries forced you to accept a lower-paying position in order for you to return to the workforce
- Emotional distress, such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Pain and suffering
- Other out-of-pocket expenses, such as a rental vehicle
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
You may list other damages not mentioned in this article, as all personal injury cases are unique. How a vehicle accident will affect a person will vary, so if you suffered other losses because of the wrong-way accident, feel free to mention those damages to your lawyer or our legal team.
Surviving Families Can File a Wrongful Death Action to Recover Losses
Wrong-way accidents often involve head-on collisions since the at-fault driver causes the accident by going against the flow of traffic. According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), 14 percent of all traffic fatalities between 2016 and 2018 in the United States stemmed from head-on collisions.
If you lost a loved one due to a wrong-way accident in Athens, our legal team wants to help you pursue compensation for additional losses not awarded in personal injury cases, such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Loss of financial support from the deceased individual
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Medical debts passed down that are related to their injury treatment
- Pain and suffering
You may pursue these and other damages through a wrongful death action. Our team will remain sensitive to your case and offer to manage it while you grieve with your family in private.
For a free legal consultation with a wrong way accidents lawyer serving Athens, call (404) 888-8888
How Our Legal Team Can Help You Build a Wrong-Way Accident Case in Athens
If you decide to work with an Athens wrong-way car accident lawyer, our legal team will get started on building your case right away. Our primary objective will involve gathering information and evidence to organize the framework of your case. This may involve:
- Conducting a private investigation into your wrong-way collision
- Interviewing witnesses who saw the accident and recording their testimonies
- Reviewing the official accident report about the wrong-way accident, which may help us identify the at-fault driver or liable party
- Filing legal subpoenas to retrieve evidence, such as video footage from traffic cameras, nearby surveillance cameras, or dashboard cameras
- Filling out legal paperwork for your case when necessary
- Speaking with the defendant’s legal team or insurer on your behalf
- Updating you about messages you receive about your case, such as settlement offers or court hearing dates
One of our attorneys will represent you throughout your case, whether that involves presenting your case in trial or negotiating with the opposing team to reach a settlement deal outside of court. If you have questions or concerns about your case, our team will be available to give you legal counsel.
Athens Wrong Way Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Georgia Gives You a Limited Amount of Time to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
Keep in mind that personal injury and wrongful death cases have to abide by Georgia’s statute of limitations, which mandates you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit and pursue compensation in court (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33). Failure to comply with this legal deadline could lead the reviewing judge to dismiss your case.
If your case gets dismissed, you would lose your opportunity to pursue compensation in court. Additionally, losing the threat of a lawsuit could lower your leverage when trying to negotiate with the insurance company since a case dismissal would absolve the insurer of liability. To avoid this outcome, our legal team will take appropriate steps to submit your case on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to Get Started on Your Wrong-Way Accident Case
If another driver went down the wrong way on a roadway and crashed into you, you may qualify to receive compensation if you or a loved one suffered injuries in the accident. At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our legal team serves people in Athens, so we can have an Athens wrong-way car accident lawyer represent your case and advocate for your potential right to receive compensation.
Have more questions about how our legal team can serve you? Call us to get a free consultation with a member of our team.