In a perfect world, we could enjoy the sights and sounds of Athens without care. Unfortunately, it’s not an ideal world, and car accidents happen every day. In 2021, the city saw a surge of accidents, including 23 traffic accident fatalities. (Athens Banner-Herald)
If you have been injured in a traffic accident that was not your fault, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help. Our Athens car accident attorneys can assist you with a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Beginning with a complimentary consultation, you don’t have to pay any legal fees upfront.
Our Car Accident Attorneys Know How to Handle Your Athens Case
After a car accident, everything can seem out of control. Our lawyers can help take some of that pressure off of you.
A few of the tasks our attorneys can help you with include:
- Compiling, organizing, and tallying your medical expenses
- Determining the cost of future medical procedures you’ll need
- Tracking your lost wages and estimated future lost wages
- Filing the paperwork to begin your claim or lawsuit process
- Gathering the evidence to support your claim
- Reviewing details about your accident, including interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating with insurance providers
- Filing your case and ensuring that it complies with Georgia laws, including the statute of limitations (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33)
Working with a personal injury lawyer on your accident claim can be a relief. Our attorneys will stay busy in the background while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries. We will fight for compensation for you.
What You Can Expect During the Legal Process
Throughout your claim process, our attorneys will be keeping you updated. When you are uncertain about any issue in your case, they will take the time to explain it to you and offer timely advice as necessary.
Our attorneys will build your claim and handle all communication with insurance companies. Most personal injury and vehicle accident claims settle before going to trial. Suppose we are unable to reach a satisfactory settlement for your claim. In that case, our attorneys will file a civil lawsuit and handle your case through the entire trial process.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Athens, call (404) 888-8888
What Types of Losses Can I Recover?
A car accident can affect the rest of your life. It begins with medical bills, household bills, and the inability to return to work. Life can escalate out of control quickly. When you are working to recover from injuries, the additional stress of falling further behind financially can be overwhelming.
The types of losses we will fight for you to recover include:
- Medical costs: This includes all current and future expected costs for surgery, hospitalization, medications, transportation, rehabilitation and physical therapy, medical devices, and specialists.
- Household expenses and modifications: If your home modification is necessary based on your car accident injuries, such as adding a ramp or other care devices, we will fight to have those expenses covered.
- Wages: We will fight to recover lost wages during your recovery period and for future losses resulting from your injury, including diminished earning capacity or an inability to resume previous employment.
- Property damage: We will fight to have your vehicle repaired or replaced.
- Pain and suffering: This includes emotional and mental anguish, physical pain, and continued suffering from your injuries.
- Permanent disability, disfigurement, or dismemberment: If your injury includes a permanent disability or another life-changing modification to your body, we will fight for adequate compensation. We work to ensure that you can meet future needs, such as for prosthetics and more.
By assessing both your tangible and intangible losses, our attorneys can gather the necessary information to file a claim and work to recover as much compensation as possible.
Wrongful Death Cases
If your accident caused the loss of a loved one, we offer our sincere condolences for your loss. We can work to help your family’s grieving process by fighting for compensation on behalf of your family. Your compensation may include burial and funeral expenses, medical care provided before their passing, and loss of companionship.
Athens Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How Much Will I Receive in My Case?
There is no predetermined amount that you can expect to receive in your case. However, there are several factors that could influence how much you ultimately receive. These factors include:
- Degree of your injury: More severe injuries could lead to higher compensation. A lost limb requires extensive therapy and learning to use a prosthetic device. A claim that involves a permanent disability or the potential for necessary future surgeries or other medical procedures can involve serious medical bills and lost wages.
- Determination of contributory negligence: In Georgia, if both drivers have some fault in an accident, their compensation might be reduced by their percentage of responsibility for the crash (O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33). Attorneys for the defendant may also attempt to prove that their client was not entirely at fault to lower the settlement offer. A lawyer from our team, however, will build evidence to show that the other party was primarily at fault.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will help you understand a potential goal settlement or award amount for your case, then work hard to seek the best possible recovery available. Our knowledge of the law, the claim process, and ability to negotiate will serve you daily as your claim progresses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Importance of Your Complimentary Consultation
Your complimentary consultation will be the first time you speak with a Bader Scott Injury Lawyer’s team member. During this consultation, we will offer an honest evaluation of your claim and an opportunity to have us answer any questions you may have.
Before speaking with us, we would like to suggest taking a few minutes to write down details about your vehicle accident. This first-hand account will help you remember the details so that you can relay everything to our team.
Then, we will be happy to discuss your legal options, answer your questions, and recommend the next steps for your case.
Click to contact our Athens Personal Injury Attorney today
When You Are Ready, Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
When you need an Athens car accident attorney, the attorneys at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help. Our team will be with you from the initial consultation to the final resolution of your case.
Contact us today for your free consultation and to learn more.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form