While the focus of a drunk driving accident for many centers around criminal proceedings, the physical and emotional impact for the victim runs far deeper than court conviction. As fierce advocates of people who suffer injuries due to the reckless or negligent behavior of others, our focus is solely on protecting the rights of survivors and helping them rebuild their lives.
The drunk driving accident attorneys based in our Athens office are committed to helping people whose lives are devastated by the senseless damage caused by a DUI driver. If you were injured or lost a loved one in this way, learn about your legal options and how we can help you build a case for compensation below.
Your Options for Pursuing Compensation Under Georgia Law
Dealing with the accident’s aftermath can become frustrating and overwhelming, especially while you are recovering from your injuries. Victims of DUI drivers often face significant injuries, costly medical bills, and financial pressures from being unable to work during their recovery.
Under Georgia law, you have several options to recover monetary damages after being hit by a drunk driver. While you have the right to claim against the offender’s insurance policy, it may be in your best interest to proceed with a lawsuit in some situations. Examples of when this may be necessary include:
- If the drunk driver’s policy limits are not enough to pay for your damages
- If an insurance company wrongfully denies, delays, or offers a settlement that is much lower than your case is worth
- If the at-fault driver was uninsured
- If your case involves suing a business under Georgia’s Dram Shop Law
Our attorneys will carefully examine the facts of your case and help you determine the most suitable course of action for your circumstances. Our legal services are provided on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no costs unless we recover a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Athens, call (404) 888-8888
We Are Dedicated to Aggressively Pursuing Justice and Compensation
To proceed with a lawsuit, you must prove the other driver’s negligence. Our attorneys will help you gather the evidence needed to build a robust case and aggressively pursue justice and compensation on your behalf by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident
- Identifying liable parties
- Gathering the evidence to support your case, such as police reports, CCTV footage, witness testimony, medical records, and other supporting documents
- Preparing a highly detailed case that is court-ready, if required
- Managing all case administration and communications with insurance companies or their legal representatives
- Answering your questions and providing regular case updates in line with our service commitments
- Supporting you through the legal process, so you always know what to expect
- Reviewing settlement offers and negotiating for appropriate monetary damages from the at-fault parties insurers
- Taking your case in front of a judge and jury if it is in your best interest
- Seeking punitive damages, where applicable
While we cannot take away the pain and suffering you bear, our injury attorneys will fight to help you seek the maximum value for the hardship you have endured.
Athens Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Survivors of DUI Drivers Suffer Emotional Injuries As Well As Physical Injuries
Initially, your focus will likely be on recovering from the physical injuries. However, after going through such a traumatic experience, the psychological impact of being hit by a drunk driver can take its toll on your mental wellbeing. It is important to address symptoms, such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or any other mental anguish you experience by:
- Talking to your doctor, friends, or family about how you are feeling
- Speaking to a counselor or therapist
- Joining support groups such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Seeking the help you need is essential for your recovery, but it can also provide valuable evidence in your case. You deserve to be properly compensated for both your physical and emotional injuries based on your short and long term needs in lieu of:
- Medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income while you recover
- Compensation if your injuries affect your ability to work in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability, scarring, or disfigurement
- Property damage or loss
- Any other losses or expenses related to the accident
Our drunk driving victim injury lawyers take the time to understand the unique challenges you face and will seek a settlement that accounts for every way the accident impacted you and your family.
DUI Accident Cases Involving a Fatality
If the accident caused the tragic loss of a loved one, we are here to help you in every way we can. While money is no substitute for your grief, it can help provide financial stability for you and your family in the absence of your loved one.
While you focus on being with your family at this emotional time, we take care of the legal process of pursuing justice and compensation on your behalf by filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long Do I Have to File My Case?
Per OCGA § 9-3-33, Georgia’s statute of limitations for civil cases involving personal injury and wrongful death is typically two years from the date of injury or a loved one’s passing.
When You Are Hurting, We Are At Your Side
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, your needs come first. We care deeply about our clients and understand the devastating impact serious injuries can have on your work and family life. Therefore, we continually evolve our law practice to enable us to provide legal excellence and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
With a focus solely on personal injury in negligence cases, we work tirelessly to pursue appropriate compensation for the damages caused by the reckless behavior of a drunk driver. To learn more about how we can help, contact us and discuss your situation with our team today at no cost or obligation.