If you suffered injuries on someone else’s property in Brookhaven, you may be able to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering due to your accident.
A Brookhaven premises liability lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys have secured substantial results for clients in many personal injury claims, and we will fight for your total financial recovery.
Why Should I Choose a Brookhaven Premises Liability Lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to Lead My Case?
The Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team, led by attorneys Seth Bader and Luis Scott, intends to win every case we accept. If you want a law firm that will fight relentlessly for a fair settlement, choose a Brookhaven personal injury lawyer Bader Scott Injury Lawyers.
Clients with costly medical expenses and other damages rely on our firm because:
- We’ve proven ourselves: Our firm has secured many impressive results for clients in Brookhaven and elsewhere. This includes a $5.25 million recovery for a client with spinal cord injuries, $2 million for a client with a catastrophic injury, and recoveries for those with other types of injuries. Whether we’re seeking compensation from an insurance company or another liable party, know that Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will fight for everything you deserve.
- We know Brookhaven: Your personal injury lawyer from our firm will be familiar with Brookhaven and its civil justice system. This will ensure we hit no snags or hitches as we fight for the money you deserve.
- We show compassion and respect to every client: Your personal injury lawyer is your partner, and we never lose sight of the fact that this is your case. Expect respect, compassion, and to have a voice in your Brookhaven premises liability case.
- We will take your case to trial if necessary: If the financially responsible party forces us to pursue a trial, we will. While we’d prefer to negotiate a fair settlement (which you’d receive more quickly than a jury verdict), a trial can be necessary to get justice for premises liability victims.
Your financial recovery and satisfaction are our mission at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Brookhaven, call (404) 888-8888
Brookhaven Premises Liability FAQsWhat Is Considered a Hazardous Condition in a Premises Liability Case?Does Premises Liability Cover Animal Attacks in Georgia?How Much Is the Average Premises Liability SettlementHow Can I Prove Negligence in a Premises Liability Case?What Is a Premises Liability Case?What Evidence do I Need to File a Premises Liability Claim?
How Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Will Build Your Premises Liability Case in Brookhaven
If you were involved in an accident while on someone else’s property, a personal injury attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to recover damages for your injuries. Our lawyers will aim to prove the property owner’s negligence, and the sequence for proving negligence is:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care
- The property owner failed to meet this duty due to carelessness
- The breach of duty of care caused your accident
- The accident resulted in damages
A lawyer from our team will investigate the circumstances of your accident and seek evidence supporting our negligence claims. We will rely on this evidence to seek fair compensation for medical treatment, lost income, and any other damages you’ve suffered because of someone’s negligence.
Establishing Duty of Care In Your Case
According to OCGA §51-3-1, property owners are responsible for maintaining your safety when you are legally on the premises. We will cite this statute in proving that a property owner (or another liable party) failed you in a way that caused injury or a wrongful death.
Demonstrating That the Property Owner Acted Negligently
Once we establish your legal status on the property, our team will need to show that there was a defective or hazardous condition on the land that caused your accident. Some examples of situations that can cause accidents are:
- Icy and snowy surfaces
- Uneven walking surfaces (cracked sidewalks, uneven ramps, etc.)
- Wet or slick surfaces (caused by leaks, spills, and weather)
- Inadequate security (if the lack of security allowed a crime to happen on the premises)
- Inadequate lighting (especially in stairwells or places where someone could slip or trip)
- Inadequate maintenance (falling objects, exposed wire, toxic chemical and gas leaks, dangerous equipment, etc.)
Although some of these conditions can arise due to no fault of the property owner, such as accumulation of ice and snow, that does not absolve them of their duty to keep you safe. A property owner must remedy the dangerous condition reasonably and promptly. Otherwise, they may be liable for any accidents and injuries resulting from their property neglect.
Connecting Your Injuries to the Hazardous Condition
Once we can show that the owner’s negligence caused allowed a hazard, our firm will need to show that you suffered an injury because of this negligence. We may use eyewitness testimony, expert testimony, video footage, and other evidence to support our case.
Some injuries accident victims may suffer because of hazards on dangerous premises include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken hips and other fractures
- Contusions and lacerations
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord and nervous system injuries
- Internal injuries
These are only a few examples of the many injuries that negligent property owners cause.
Proving That You Incurred Financial Losses
Once we establish your injuries and their connection to the property owner’s actions, we must prove what those injuries cost you. Only then can you recover economic and non-economic damages for these losses.
Recoverable damages in a Brookhaven premises liability case may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Physical pain
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Medical equipment
Our attorneys conduct comprehensive investigations of clients’ damages. We’ll uncover every type of harm resulting from your premises liability accident in Brookhaven. This includes any damages caused by a loved one’s passing.
Brookhaven Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Premises Liability Lawsuit in Brookhaven
The statute of limitations (timeframe in which you can bring a lawsuit) in premises liability cases depends on whom you are suing for negligence. Therefore, it will vary depending on your specific situation.
The Time Frame for Suing a Private Individual or Business
According to OCGA §9-3-33, the statute of limitations for bringing a personal injury lawsuit is generally two years from the date you suffered your injuries.
This statute means that you usually have two years from the accident on someone else’s property to file your lawsuit against a private individual or business. There can be exceptions to this deadline, so contact our team even if more than two years have passed since a premises liability incident.
The Time Frame for Suing the Government
According to OCGA §50-21-1, you may have one year to file a lawsuit against the state, and you may face the same timeline for filing a lawsuit against a county in Georgia. If you must sue a city, the statute of limitations may be only six months.
In any case, you should immediately hire a Brookhaven personal injury lawyer. Time could be ticking on our ability to file your case, and we want to start the legal process as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation About Your Brookhaven Premises Liability Case
A Brookhaven premises liability lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will prioritize your financial recovery. We have all the resources your case will require, and you won’t pay us any upfront fee to complete your case. We only get a fee if we win for you.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.