If you suffered an injury on another person’s property in Stonecrest, the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you. Our attorneys have a long track record of recovering compensation for injured people.
You could be eligible to pursue the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Impaired quality of life
We look forward to using our experience and insight to help you secure financial recovery. To learn about working with a Stonecrest premises liability lawyer from our team, dial (404) 888-8888 as soon as possible. The first consultation is free.
We Can Help You File a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit
If you sustained injuries on the property of another party, you could be entitled to recover compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
You must prove that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care.
- The at-fault party did not keep their premises safe for guests or residents.
- You were injured due to a foreseeable hazard.
- You experienced financial losses after getting hurt.
Yet, after getting hurt on another party’s property, you may not want to undertake the legal process by yourself.
However, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you with:
Filing an Insurance Claim
We will first try to recover compensation for your damages by filing a personal injury claim with the liable party. They will first need to evaluate the extent of your injuries and the cost of your damages. From there, they will explain the circumstances of your accident in a demand letter.
If the insurer agrees to pay for your losses, then your case could be resolved through this means. However, if not, then your lawyer can:
- Prove that you were legally allowed to be on the property at the time of your accident
- Negotiate a settlement
- Review the details of the involved insurance policy
- Present evidence that shows the cost of your damages and the cause of your accident
If the insurance company does not agree to compensate you fairly, then you could file a lawsuit against the property owner or manager in civil court.
Filing a Lawsuit
You will probably not need to file a lawsuit to get the money you need. However, if you do, then we can help you with those obligations.
These obligations may involve:
- Filing your lawsuit in the appropriate court
- Managing the evidence collection process
- Presenting the cost of your damages (both economic and non-economic)
- Communicating with the other party’s legal counsel
- Moving for the dismissal of any irrelevant or improperly collected evidence
We will also be responsible for filing your case within the state’s applicable statute of limitations. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 gives you two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Not only can we manage this deadline, but we can also explain whether any exceptions give you more time to act.
Call (404) 888-8888 to begin a free consultation with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Stonecrest, call (404) 888-8888
We Can Determine Fault for Your Accident
Upon filing your insurance claim or lawsuit, the other party may say that you caused the accident. This accusation could impede the progression of your case since Georgia operates under comparative negligence laws, per O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33. Essentially, you cannot recover damages if you primarily caused your accident.
However, your lawyer from our team can use the evidence in your case to determine who primarily holds fault for your accident.
They can gather and use the following pieces of information to determine who is at fault for your injuries:
- The accident report
- Photos of the accident scene
- Security camera footage (if available)
- Witness testimony
- Your medical treatment records
To learn more about how Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation following an accident on another party’s property, call our team today.
Stonecrest Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
All Premises Liability Claims Are Built on Negligence
There are multiple types of premises liability claims. These cases cover a wide range of hazards, injuries, and situations. The law provides you with the opportunity to pursue compensation for your losses.
Some examples of premises liability cases include:
- Animal attacks. Attacks from dogs or other animals could result in a viable premises liability claim. In these cases, you must prove that the animal’s owner knew (or should have known) about their pet’s inclination toward aggression.
- Slip and falls. A slip and fall accident could happen anywhere, either on public or private property. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include wet surfaces, spilled drinks, and poor lighting.
- Falling objects. Falling objects, whether manmade or natural, could lead to serious injuries if they strike someone below.
- Chemical spills. When harsh chemicals or cleaning agents spill or leak, contact with them can result in serious health conditions.
- Swimming pool injuries. Swimming pool injuries are another common cause of premises liability accidents. These accidents include diving injuries or falls into empty, uncovered pools. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), drowning accidents result in roughly 10 deaths per day in the U.S.
Each of these scenarios could potentially result in a viable personal injury claim or lawsuit. To learn more about your legal options, let a Stonecrest premises liability lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers evaluate your case. After an investigation, they could explain what measures could help you recover compensation.
Discuss Your Premises Liability Case with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
If you sustained bodily injuries while visiting another party’s property, you may be entitled to seek compensation.
The team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to assist you in your pursuit of compensation. Call (404) 888-8888 to learn more about working with a Stonecrest premises liability lawyer today.