If you were injured in a bus crash, a Brookhaven bus accident lawyer could help you fight to hold the at-fault party accountable. Bus accident injury cases can be complicated because multiple parties could be responsible. Two or more parties’ negligent actions often combine and cause the “perfect storm” that culminates in a bus crash.
You will not have to stress about whom to take action against when we handle your case because we’ll sort out those issues for you. Your Brookhaven personal injury attorney will also deal directly with the insurance company, so you don’t have to. Our clients can rest and recuperate while we handle their legal matters.
The Value of Your Brookhaven Bus Accident Claim
No one can tell you exactly how much money you might get to settle your injury claim after a Brookhaven bus accident until they talk to you and investigate your situation. Many factors affect how much compensation the at-fault party might have to pay you, like the severity of your injuries and whether you have lasting impairment after completing medical treatment.
Some of the categories of monetary damages you might pursue after suffering injuries in a Brookhaven bus collision that was not your fault include the following:
- Lost wages. If you could not work for a while because of your wounds and did not get paid your usual paycheck during that time, your Brookhaven lawyer can add your lost wages to your bus accident injury claim.
- Medical bills. You may be able to recover the cost of the healthcare services you needed to treat your injuries.
- Future lost wages. After completing your medical treatment, you might have long-term impairments like decreased strength or loss of function that make you unable to earn as much money as you did before the bus collision.
- Long-term care. After suffering life-changing wounds, like paralysis from spinal cord damage, a person might need daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care in a nursing home or from a home healthcare service.
- Pain and suffering. This often-misunderstood category of damages pays you for the physical discomfort and emotional distress of your injuries.
- Other intangible losses. You might experience loss of enjoyment of life if you can no longer participate in activities you used to enjoy because of lasting limitations from your injuries. Chronic anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are other examples of intangible losses from a bus crash.
We can seek additional monetary damages for your family in a wrongful death case if your close relative passed away because of a bus collision.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Brookhaven, call (404) 888-8888
Who Can You Sue After a Brookhaven Bus Collision?
Bus collisions can involve multiple potential defendants. For example:
- The bus driver could be liable if their negligence caused the accident. For example, let’s say the bus driver sent a text message while driving, and that lapse of attention made them run a red light and collide with another vehicle. In this case, the driver could be responsible for the collision.
- The bus driver’s employer may be vicariously liable if the bus driver was working at the time of the accident. The bus company could also be accountable if their negligence contributed to the accident, such as improper hiring practices or failing to perform necessary bus maintenance.
- The driver of another vehicle could have caused the bus crash through negligence. For example, a drunk driver might strike the back of the bus if they did not notice that traffic had slowed in a construction zone.
These are but a few examples of the many different parties who could be responsible for causing a bus accident in Brookhaven. Our lawyers will investigate the crash to ensure we consider all potentially liable parties.
Brookhaven Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Three Pitfalls to Avoid in Your Brookhaven Bus Collision Injury Claim
The insurance claims adjuster is under no legal obligation to educate you on your legal rights, so they are highly unlikely to warn you about these three things that could affect the success of your case or the amount of compensation you collect for your injuries:
- Your injury claim can include compensation for your pain and suffering in addition to your medical bills and lost wages.
- Negotiating with the insurance company and pursuing an injury claim against their insured party does not satisfy the statute of limitations. Only filing a lawsuit will protect you if your case has not settled and the filing deadline is near.
- A recorded statement will not help your injury case, but it could harm it. If you give a statement, the insurance company will study the transcript of your words to try to discover any excuse to pay you less money than you deserve, even if they have to take what you said out of context.
Working with a Brookhaven bus accident lawyer on your injury claim can protect you from these and other potential problems.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations for Brookhaven Bus Crash Injury Lawsuits
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 allows you only two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party after a bus accident. Missing the filing deadline could derail your entire case.
Sometimes, the statute of limitations is much shorter than two years. For example, if the accident involved a city bus and you want to file a claim against the city of Brookhaven, O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5 says that you must take legal action within six months of the collision. Your Brookhaven bus accident attorney can help you understand the statute of limitations in your unique situation.
How Much Will it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer to Handle Your Brookhaven Bus Collision Injury Case?
You will not have to pay us any upfront attorney fees to work on your Brookhaven bus crash injury claim. We take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means we receive a percentage of the amount you win in a settlement or court judgment.
If you do not recover compensation, you do not owe us any legal fees. That is our “no-fee guarantee.”
Getting Started on Your Claim with a Brookhaven Bus Accident Lawyer
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping people who get injured because of others’ carelessness. We will battle the billion-dollar insurance company, so you don’t have to. You can rest and recover while we fight for you.
It is easy to get started on the path to a better future. Simply contact us today for a free initial consultation. There is no obligation.