We don’t mince words here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers. If you got hurt in a bus accident, you can recover damages. When you partner with a Decatur bus accident lawyer from our firm, we manage your case’s obligations from beginning to end. We make the claims process as straightforward as possible.
You’re here because you need an advocate. Our Decatur persosnal injury lawyers are here because we’re passionate about helping injured people in our community. We can work together to resolve your case and hold the negligent party financially accountable. Today, you can explore your options during a free case review.
How a Decatur Bus Accident Lawyer Could Help With Your Injury Claim
Personal injury claims can be challenging, particularly when multiple potentially liable parties all deny fault and blame each other. When you work with a Decatur bus crash lawyer on your injury claim, we deal with those problems on your behalf.
We perform a thorough investigation of the bus accident to uncover the facts needed to prove your case. While we take care of your claim, you get to focus your attention and time on getting better and rebuilding your life.
We Learn Liability for Your Decatur Bus Accident
People tend to assume that the bus driver is to blame when a bus gets into a collision, but there could be other or different parties to blame. The bus driver might be entirely blameless for the accident in these situations:
- The driver of another vehicle caused the accident, and the bus driver could not avoid the collision.
- A mechanical failure of the bus caused the accident.
- Inadequate maintenance of the bus caused the crash.
Sometimes, the bus driver was negligent, and so was another party. For instance, a bus driver may have tailgated another vehicle but couldn’t stop in time because of poor brake maintenance. In that instance, our lawyers can hold both the bus driver and the bus’s mechanic liable for your losses.
Our Bus Accident Attorneys Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Because we take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, you will not have to pay any upfront legal fees to get our help. Contingency-fee arrangements mean that our attorney’s fees come as a percentage of what you win in a settlement or court award.
Our contingency-fee agreements also come with a “no-fee” guarantee. If you do not win compensation, you will not owe us our attorney’s fees.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Decatur, call (404) 888-8888
Compensable Losses in a Decatur Bus Accident
The amount of money you could recover for your injuries depends on the specific facts of your situation. If ten people were injured in the bus crash, their injury claims will likely have different values.
Based on the severity of your condition, financial losses, and quality of life, compensable losses may comprise:
- Medical bills. Typically, you can recoup the costs associated with treatment, hospitalization, and other related medical expenses.
- Lost wages. Frequently, people who suffer severe injuries have to take time away from work to heal. Missed paychecks can be a part of your Decatur bus accident injury claim.
- Lost future wages. If your injuries affect your earning ability, we can include those losses in your case’s value.
- Pain and suffering. This offers compensation for the physical discomfort and emotional distress you suffered because of the bus accident.
- Other non-economic damages. Depending on the severity of your condition, you might also suffer extensive scars that cause disfigurement. Also, many people develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after experiencing a significant crash like a bus accident.
We can file a wrongful death claim on your behalf if you lost a loved one. In that instance, compensable losses include funeral expenses, the decedent’s pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.
Decatur Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
The Statute of Limitations for Decatur Bus Crash Injury Lawsuits
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you only have two years to file a lawsuit after a bus accident. If your loved one passed away in a Decatur bus accident, the same two-year filing period applies.
You could have just six months to file your lawsuit if a government-operated bus injured you. Negotiating with the insurance company does not extend the statute of limitations, and neither does gathering evidence.
It’s vital to file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations. If you don’t, you could lose the right to seek damages, forcing you to pay for the collision out of pocket. Our lawyers don’t want that to happen. So, to preserve your right to compensation, we recommend consulting us as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Three Mistakes to Avoid in Your Decatur Bus Accident Injury Claim
We advise our clients to avoid these pitfalls in the aftermath of a bus accident:
- Stay off social media until your personal injury case is over. The other party’s insurer could access your social media account and use your comments and photographs against you.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the claims adjuster. The transcript will not help you, but it could give the at-fault party’s insurance company a reason to deny your claim or offer less money than you deserve.
- Do not skip the final portion of the medical treatment your doctor prescribes. We understand that things like physical therapy are inconvenient, but if you do not complete your treatment, the other party could argue that you worsened your condition.
We provide much more guidance to our clients after we learn about their unique circumstances.
Get Started with a Decatur Bus Accident Lawyer on Your Claim
We are proud to go the extra mile for our clients. Our Decatur bus accident lawyers work tirelessly to secure every dollar they deserve. Come experience the Bader Scott Injury Lawyers difference today. As noted, we offer free consultations where you can ask questions, explore your options, and put your mind at ease.