If you were injured during a bicycle accident, you may be within your rights to file a case against the offenders. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, the liable parties may be forced to compensate you for everything you have had to endure.
Our law firm is here to assist you with all your needs in the field of personal injury law, including investigations, litigation, evidence gathering, legal advice, and everything in between. When you recruit the services of a Decatur bicycle accident lawyer at our law firm, you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing our attorneys are in your corner at every turn. Together, we can help fight to protect your right to compensation.
Recoverable Damages for Bicycle Accident Victims in Decatur
Even if your bicycle accident occurred at a low speed, there is a good chance you have suffered significant injuries. Sometimes, the physical pain is the least of your worries when you are dealing with the aftermath of a bicycle accident injury. The unintended side effects of these accidents include time off work, huge medical expenses, impacts on your personal life, and more.
Thankfully, you can seek compensation to help you recoup these losses and rebuild the life you had before your accident. Recoverable damages for bicycle accident victims in Decatur include, but may not be limited to:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capabilities
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering from your injuries
- Disability assistance
- Loss of consortium
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Decatur, call (404) 888-8888
Legal Services We Offer for Bicycle Accident Victims in Decatur
When you retain the services of a Decatur bicycle accident lawyer at our law firm, you will get access to a wide range of legal services.
You Owe Us Nothing Unless We Win You Compensation
During our initial consultation, we will evaluate your needs and adjust our legal services accordingly. You do not need to pay for any legal services you do not need, and we do not add unnecessary charges when our time together comes to an end.
In fact, we do not require any form of payment unless you win your case and you are granted a settlement for your damages. If you do win your case, we will subtract a percentage from your earnings as our payment. We will agree upon this percentage beforehand to ensure you are comfortable with the services you are receiving.
Let Us Help You Abide by Appropriate Deadlines
Some cases are better suited for filing an insurance claim, while other cases may benefit from filing a lawsuit against the offenders. Depending on which option you choose, your case will be governed by specific timelines, guidelines, and legislation.
For example, most bicycle accident lawsuits will be subject to the two-year statute of limitations established under O.C.G.A. §9-3-33. Other types of cases, including cases brought against government organizations, might need to be filed within a shorter time frame.
Make sure you file your case on time. Otherwise, you might risk forfeiting your right to obtaining compensation.
Learn More About How We Can Serve You
To better assist you, our legal services take many forms, including:
- Negotiating financial settlements
- Gathering evidence
- Managing communication with relevant parties
- Litigating your case in civil court
- Helping you prove liability
- Reviewing your losses and assigning monetary values to them
- Helping you file your insurance claim and/or lawsuit
- Advising you regarding legal decisions
- Educating you about bicycle laws in Decatur
Whenever you have questions about the status of your case or the legal process in general, never hesitate to speak with your lawyer.
Decatur Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Bicycle Laws in Decatur
Bicycle laws are subject to change between cities. In the city of Decatur, the local laws largely mirror the state laws set forth by the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.
Some of the most important laws include:
- Drivers must keep a distance of three feet (minimum) when passing bicyclists. They are allowed to cross over the centerline to achieve the three-foot minimum.
- All bicyclists under the age of 16 must wear a helmet.
- In the eyes of the law, bicyclists are drivers, and bicycles are vehicles. Accordingly, drivers must obey the Uniform Rules of the Road.
- Red reflectors are required for the back of the bicycle.
- Anyone over the age of 16 is not allowed to drive a bicycle on highways or sidewalks (unless the roadway presents reasonable dangers and the sidewalk is safer).
- Headlights must be worn when driving a bicycle at night. The light needs to be powerful enough to remain visible at a minimum of 300 feet away.
- According to C.G.A. § 40-6-294, bicyclists must drive as close to the right side of the road as they can, but there are many exceptions to this rule.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers Serving Victims in Decatur
When you retain a Decatur bicycle accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we will do everything we can to make you as comfortable as possible throughout your proceedings. While bicycle accidents can be extremely scary, you do not need to feel scared about taking legal action. Our attorneys can work with you to find the best solution for your unique needs.
We would love to start learning more about your case as soon as possible so we can educate you about your legal options. To get started with your free consultation today, reach out to a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member at (404) 888-8888. You do not have to fight this battle alone.