If you suffered injuries in a crash caused by a teenage driver in Dunwoody, you could be entitled to seek a monetary award. Let the team at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers walk you through the claims process step-by-step. Dial (404) 888-8888 to learn more about how a Dunwoody teen driver accident lawyer can help you today.
We Can Help You Seek Compensation for Your Losses
As is the case with any car accident, you may now be facing painful injuries, expensive medical treatment costs, and even a loss of income from days spent in recovery. You don’t have to bear these costs on your own.
We can help you fight for compensation for these losses, including:
These are costs that have a clear dollar value attached to them, such as your bills that resulted from the accident. These include:
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance services
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medication
- Property damage costs
- Lost income and future lost income
- And more
We can gather all necessary evidence of these expenses and demonstrate to the insurance company that you should be reimbursed.
You may not know that you could seek compensation for the less-tangible losses associated with the accident, but we can help you do just that. Possible non-financial losses that can be included in the value of your case include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium, if you lost a loved one to an accident
- And more
We can determine the value of these losses for you and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to seek a fair settlement. We want to fight for you so that your settlement accounts for all the major losses you’ve faced due to the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a teen driver accidents lawyer serving Dunwoody, call (404) 888-8888
Common Factors in Teenage Accidents
While every accident is different, there are certain circumstances that are more likely to occur when teen drivers get behind the wheel. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), some of the common causes of vehicle accidents with teenage drivers include:
- Lack of Maturity. Many teenagers cause vehicle accidents due to their immaturity. Showing off for passengers, driving aggressively, or failing to recognize the risk of distracted driving could be partially blamed on a driver’s lack of maturity.
- Lack of Experience. Most teenage drivers have only been driving for a handful of years at most. This lack of first-hand experience operating a motor vehicle can lead to poor decisions and panic.
- Distraction. While all drivers are prone to distraction, teen drivers are more likely than most to text while driving or otherwise take their eyes off the roadway. These distractions could involve mobile devices, the car radio, or merely daydreaming.
- Intoxication. Alcohol is a common factor in accidents with teenage drivers, even though it is illegal for teenagers to drink in the State of Georgia.
- Speeding. Speeding is an especially common cause of accidents among teens, contributing to 32 percent of fatal accidents involving teen drivers in 2016, according to the NHTSA.
Any of these factors could play a part in causing an accident. If you were hit by a teen driver who demonstrated these or other forms of driver negligence, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can use this as evidence to build a case for your compensation.
Dunwoody Teen Driver Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Holding the Parents Accountable
In some injury cases, only the person directly responsible for the accident will face liability for your losses. That is not always the case when it comes to an accident with a teen driver.
Georgia law recognizes a legal theory known as the family purpose doctrine. This doctrine allows a plaintiff to pursue a legal claim against both a teenage driver and their parents under certain circumstances. We can explain more about how Georgia law and the family purpose doctrine may apply to your case and can advise you on the best steps to seek compensation.
A Dunwoody teen driver accident lawyer will carefully evaluate the factors surrounding an accident and help you pursue a fair settlement. To learn more, contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 for a free consultation.
You Could Recover Your Losses Following an Accident with a Teen Driver
There could be multiple paths to financial recovery following an accident with a teenage driver. You could have the opportunity to pursue legal action and seek the financial recovery you may need and deserve.
We can help you with all aspects of your case, including:
- Negotiating with the insurance companies
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
- Advising you on when to accept an offer from the insurance company
- Ensuring your case meets important deadlines
- Assigning liability and gathering evidence to show negligence
- And more
Keep in mind that you typically have only two years to file a lawsuit in the event that a suit is necessary for your case, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Because of this limitation, we advise that you get started on your case as soon as you can.
A Dunwoody teen driver accident lawyer could advise you of your options and help you move forward towards financial compensation. Reach out to someone from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation: (404) 888-8888.