If you were injured in a car accident involving a teen driver, you could recover compensation for your lost pay, medical bills, and other expenses.
An attorney can explain your legal options, and help you seek justice for an accident you did not cause.
When to Call a Smyrna Teen Driver Car Accident Lawyer
After you see a medical professional, it may be time to call a Smyrna teen driver accident lawyer to learn about potential recovery for medical bills, lost pay, and other damages.
Here are several reasons why it is better to call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers as soon as possible after a car accident involving a teen driver:
- Statute of limitations: Like all states, Georgia has a statute of limitations, or deadline, on legal action. According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Evidence can disappear: Evidence can disappear, erode, become lost, or even be removed by the at-fault party. The sooner you speak with a car accident lawyer with our firm, the sooner we can secure valuable evidence before it is gone.
- Insurance companies suspect delays: A teen driver accident lawyer will try to recover damages for you by first filing an insurance claim. Insurance companies tend to be suspicious of any delays in filing a claim and may question the validity of your injuries and damages.
- Closure after an accident: Calling an attorney to help you after a teen car accident can help start the healing process for your physical and emotional wounds.
Your first course of action after any car accident is seeking medical help. Depending on your accident injuries, this may be a trip in an ambulance to the nearest emergency room or going to a walk-in urgent care center.
If you decide to take legal action against the at-fault driver, our law firm can handle all the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering from the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a teen driver accidents lawyer serving Smyrna, call (404) 888-8888
How Our Firm Helps Accident Victims
We understand that your life has been negatively changed by someone else’s negligence. You or a loved one may be in the hospital or face a lengthy recovery from your injuries.
An attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can relieve you of the time-consuming process of pursuing compensation from the at-fault party.
- Identify all liable parties, including the teen driver’s parents or guardians, in some situations
- Secure evidence of liability and negligence by the other party
- Collect proof of your injuries and damages
- Submit a claim or letter of demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate a settlement
Teen car accidents are often resolved without the need to go to court. It is our mission to help you seek compensation and justice so that you can go on with your life.
Smyrna Teen Driver Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What We Do After a Teen Driver Car Accident
A Smyrna teen driver accident lawyer can speak to the insurance adjuster on your behalf. You do not want to inadvertently jeopardize your case by speaking while you are unwell or taking strong pain medication that may alter your judgment.
If you are contacted by an insurance adjuster, we suggest the following:
- Politely decline to answer any detailed questions or make a statement without first speaking to an attorney.
- Give only the barest of information if required, such as your name, address, and make and model of your car.
- Refer all other inquiries to your attorney.
- Refrain from posting pictures or inflammatory comments on your social media accounts.
You did not choose to be injured in a car accident, but you may choose how to respond. An attorney with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you pursue fair compensation for you and your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You Could Recover in Damages
Depending on the extent of your injuries and their effect on your work or personal life, you may be awarded damages for:
- Medical treatment, including surgery, emergency room care, specialists, medical tests, rehabilitation, and medicine
- Lost pay, including the time you lost at work from the accident and recovering from injuries
- Property damage, including the cost of a rental car and repairs
- Reduced earning ability if your injuries prevent you from returning to your job, working full-time, or working at all
- Pain and suffering from your injuries and for emotional trauma related to the accident
Our lawyers work for you on a contingency basis and are paid from a portion of the settlement we recover on your behalf. Please contact our firm for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Click to contact our Smyrna Car Accident Lawyers today
Common Causes of Teen Driving Accidents
According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS), qualified teen drivers may earn a driver’s license at age 16. However, getting a license and being a responsible driver are two different things.
The American Automobile Association (AAA) says that:
- Drivers between 16 and 19 years old are more likely to use cell phones and electronic devices while driving than older motorists
- Teen drivers are three times more likely to take their eyes off the road using these devices
- Teen drivers often have an inflated, unrealistic perception of their driving prowess
Call Today About Potential Compensation from a Teen Driver Car Accident
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident involving a teenage driver, call the office of a Smyrna teen driver accident lawyer today. You could be entitled to compensation for your economic and emotional damages.
For a free consultation, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form