Not every driver has the same amount of experience on the road. Teen drivers, for example, could still be learning how to drive safely. Unfortunately, this can be dangerous for others on the road. If you were the victim of a vehicle accident that involved a teen driver, you could be entitled to various forms of compensation.
A Rome teen driver accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is available to help if you are interested in exploring your options. Call us for a free, no-obligation consultation.
The Risks of Teenage Driving
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), teens are more likely to cause accidents than other drivers in the United States. Not only are vehicle accidents potentially dangerous for teen drivers, but they can cause damage to others, too. There are a variety of reasons why teen drivers could be more at risk than other demographics.
Some of these reasons include:
- Inexperience: Teen drivers tend to be less experienced than others on the road. This can be dangerous if they encounter an unfamiliar situation or lack the skills and knowledge necessary to drive safely in certain conditions. If you believe the inexperience of a teen driver caused your accident, you could have a valid case.
- Driving under the influence: Unfortunately, alcohol use among teens is not uncommon, and when an intoxicated teenager gets behind the wheel, the results can be devastating.
- Poor decision making: Poor decision making is also a leading cause of teen driving accidents. Sometimes this is a product of inexperience, but maturity and emotional development can also play a role in poor decisions such as drinking and driving or choosing to drive in poor weather.
The CDC reported that in 2018 nearly 40% of teen accident deaths occurred between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., a time when most drivers would not choose to drive. Sadly, poor decision-making could have caused your accident and the resulting suffering.
- Distractions: Distracted driving is a problem for all drivers, especially with the prevalence of technology use, but teens could find themselves more easily distracted than others. Talking to friends, looking away from the road, eating while driving, or using a phone are all examples of dangerous distracted driving.
- Speeding: Speeding is a leading cause of accidents in the United States every year. Speeding can decrease the ability to control a vehicle and create the potential for more forceful and destructive accidents.
If speeding was to blame for your accident, another party could be at fault. There is a reason speed limits exist: to keep everyone on the road as safe as possible.
- Failure to use seat belts: Data shows that teens are less likely to use seat belts than other demographics. This can be very dangerous, as seat belts are proven to be effective measures to minimize injuries and deaths during an accident.
There are many different reasons why your accident may have occurred, and every accident is unique in terms of specific circumstances. If your life was impacted by your accident, you could be able to take legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a teen driver accidents lawyer serving Rome, call (404) 888-8888
Loss and Suffering
Some ways in which you could be suffering following your accident include physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial difficulties.
Physically, you could be suffering from a range of injuries, from minor to severe. In some cases, you could even require long-term medical treatment or suffer from a permanent disability.
Traumatic events such as car accidents can take an emotional toll on victims, too. If you were involved in an accident, it is not unusual to experience sleeplessness, anxiety, fear of driving, stress, and more. You might even need to seek medical attention to address your conditions.
Between property damage, medical bills, and potentially lost income, your accident can affect your financial stability. Remember that you may be able to seek compensation if someone else was to blame for the effects of your accident.
Rome Teen Driver Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
As a victim, you could be entitled to various forms of compensation if a teen driver was partially responsible for your accident. This might include reimbursement for past and future medical bills, legal fees, property loss, and more.
If you are experiencing emotional effects from your accident, a legal claim could result in compensation for your pain and suffering, too.
If your employment was affected by your accident, it is even possible to recover lost wages due to your inability to earn income. Because every case is different, it may be helpful to hire a lawyer if you are considering taking legal action in the aftermath of your accident.
Contact Us Today Regarding Your Rome Teen Driving Accident
Pursuing your legal rights after an accident may be intimidating, but it could also result in the compensation and justice you deserve. A Rome teen driver accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you explore your legal options.
Call (404) 888-8888 for a free case review with a member of our team.