Every year, numerous victims are seriously injured from negligent truck accidents. That does not even include the thousands of dollars in hospital bills and property damage victims have to deal with.
Thankfully, justice can still be served for you and your loved ones. If you file a claim against the individuals who caused your truck accident, you may be eligible for compensation. You can use this compensation to help you recover from your mental, physical, and financial hardships.
Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we have a staff of dedicated legal professionals who are ready to fight for your case until the very end. The way we see it, retaining a Dunwoody truck accident lawyer allows you to focus on your recovery while our attorneys focus on your case.
It is difficult to learn everything you need to know about truck accident claims in one sitting. Our team would love to assist you with a free consultation. To get started, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative today at (404) 888-8888.
What You Need to Know About Hiring a Lawyer
If you are worried about the financial aspect of hiring a truck accident lawyer, worry no longer. If you do not win your case, you do not owe us anything.
Ultimately, our attorneys can take on many different roles during your legal battle, including:
- Proving liability
- Documenting your damages
- Applying a monetary value to your damages
- Negotiating settlements
- Handling insurance claims
- Communicating on your behalf
- Protecting your rights in civil court
- Giving legal counsel
- And more
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Dunwoody, call (404) 888-8888
Dunwoody Truck Accidents FAQsWhat Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Decatur?What Damages Can I Recover in a Truck Accident Claim in Decatur?How Can an Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyer Prove Liability?What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Atlanta?What Causes Most Semi-Truck Accidents?What Types of Injuries Occur from Truck Accidents With Hazardous Cargo?
Types of Damages You Can Recover After a Truck Accident
Every victim has a unique experience after a truck accident—experiences often filled with mental trauma, physical pain, and financial difficulties.
No matter your story, you can document your hardships, assign financial value to them, and fight for them when you take legal action against the parties who caused your accident.
To make things easier to understand, recoverable damages are frequently broken into two categories:
- Economic damages: Including medical bills, property damage, special assistance for disabilities, rehabilitation programs, lost wages, and diminished income potential
- Non-economic damages: Including mental anguish, impaired quality of life, loss of consortium, physical pain, loss of companionship, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Dunwoody Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Proving Who Is Liable for Your Truck Accident
After a life-changing truck accident, many victims find it challenging to balance their recovery and gathering evidence to prove liability. Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we have used many different investigation methods during our journey in the field of personal injury law.
A Dunwoody truck accident lawyer can gather evidence from medical professionals, law enforcement officials, eyewitnesses, trucking companies, and numerous other sources.
Some of the most common evidence-gathering methods include:
- Obtaining accident reports from the responding police officers
- Examining video evidence from before, during, and after the truck crash
- Reviewing photographs of the vehicles after the accident
- Gathering eyewitness reports
- Obtaining the driver’s cell phone records
- Reaching out to the truck driver’s employer and gathering records about their employment history
Other ways to secure evidence include:
- Using specialists to perform forensic examinations
- Calling upon accident reconstruction experts
- Gaining perspective on your injuries from medical professionals
- Cataloging the different legal precedents and laws that apply to your accident
The sooner you can begin gathering evidence, the better. To learn more about identifying who caused your accident, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative today at (404) 888-8888. We offer a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Dunwoody Truck Accidents
Truck accidents have five main causes: vehicular malfunctions, manufacturer negligence, driver errors, poor weather conditions, and mistakes made by the trucking company. However, the vast majority of large truck accidents are caused by negligent drivers.
Some of the more specific causes of truck accidents include:
- Texting and driving
- Distraction from the CB radio
- Eating and driving
- Smoking while driving
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Impulsive decisions
- Driving under the influence of stimulants
- Drunk driving
- Failure to check mirrors
- Brake failure
- Failure to slow down during inclement weather
- Turning too widely or too close to other vehicles
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to maintain lane
Dunwoody Truck Accident Lawyers Fighting for Justice
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers believes our roadways should be safe for all drivers. Large trucks—like 18-wheelers and commercial motor vehicles—are extremely powerful pieces of machinery.
As such, truck drivers have a large amount of responsibility every time they enter the roadway. When truck drivers, and trucking companies, fail to keep our roads safe, they should have to pay for the consequences of their actions.
If you retain a Dunwoody truck accident lawyer at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we can be there for you when you need legal assistance. With our legal knowledge, you can rest assured we are doing everything in our power to help fight for your right to compensation.
Lastly, you need to understand the statute of limitations and what that means for your case. Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you only have two years to file a truck accident claim in Dunwoody—beginning on the day of your accident. Once the statute of limitations expires, you may lose your ability to recover damages.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
To get started with your truck accident case, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today at (404) 888-8888. Our Dunwoody truck accident lawyers are ready to assist you.