If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a side-impact collision, you could qualify for monetary compensation. You can file an insurance claim or, if necessary, sue for compensation based on financial, physical, and mental hardship.
A lawyer from our firm serving Macon can help you pursue these damages following your side-impact collision. Learn how we work, how our services can benefit you, and what types of damages you may be entitled to receive.
Your Accident May Entitle You to Monetary Compensation
In addition to holding the liable party responsible for their role in your accident, the main goal of a lawsuit is to secure much-needed damages like the following.
If your accident caused painful and distressing injuries, you could be eligible for non-economic damages. Common examples of non-economic damages include but are not limited to:
- Disfigurement: Permanent scar tissue left by your accident injuries
- Disability: Physical or intellectual impairments caused or worsened by your accident
- Reduced quality of life: Your loss of independence or mobility
- Pain and suffering: The physical and emotional anguish the accident has caused you
If your accident hurt you financially, you could be eligible for economic damages. Common examples of economic damages include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses: The tests, treatments, medications, and assistive devices you need
- Lost wages: The time you had to take off from work
- Lost earning capacity: The money you expected to earn in the future but are no longer able to earn
- Other expenses: To have your car fixed, to have other people take care of chores you can no longer handle, and so on
Compensation in Wrongful Death Cases
If your loved one did not survive their accident injuries, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is sorry for your loss. We can help you file a wrongful death suit on their behalf. This suit could entitle you to extra economic and non-economic damages, including but not limited to:
- End-of-life expenses: Money spent on ensuring your loved one’s last wishes were met
- Loss of companionship: Compensation for the affection and guidance your loved one can no longer provide you with
- Funeral expenses: Providing recovery for burial costs
Our Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Manage Your Entire Macon Case
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers provides many services that could help you from the beginning of your lawsuit to the end.
Starting Your Macon Car Accident Case
We always start by offering prospective clients a free case review at no cost or obligation. Then we prepare cases by:
- Helping you to understand all of your rights and options under the law
- Seeking evidence to prove the accident caused your injuries
- Seeking evidence to prove the liable party owes you damages
- Notifying all involved parties about your lawsuit
You do not have to speak with the liable party or their representatives, nor do you have to make complex legal decisions by yourself.
Fighting for Compensation After Your Car Accident
Once we get the ball rolling on your case, there are two main ways we can go about pursuing the damages you need. We can either seek a settlement or take your case to trial.
In most cases, we pursue a settlement first because we want to resolve your case in as little time as possible. We can fight for your money by:
- Continuing to handle all communications between you and the other involved parties
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Scheduling trial dates
- Representing you in the courtroom
- Filing all paperwork
With You Until the End of Your Case
We keep working for you to the very end. As a settlement or a jury decision becomes imminent, we can:
- Prepare the settlement agreement
- Make strong closing arguments in court
- Collect our fee only after you have received your compensation
- Accept no payment if you do not receive compensation
We achieve these last two points by working on a contingent basis. You pay us nothing upfront, and we do not collect any attorney’s fees unless and until you win.
Start Your Macon Lawsuit as Soon as Possible
To preserve your rights and ensure that your case falls within the statute of limitations, contact a law firm as soon as you are able.
If your accident occurred in Macon, Georgia, then your case is subject to state laws regarding when you can begin a lawsuit. These laws are called statutes of limitations. The statute of limitations depends on who you are suing. For example:
- Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §9-3-33 applies to most cases. It states that accident victims may start their lawsuit any time within two years of the accident date.
- OCGA §50-21-26 gives victims just one year to file against the state. This statute could apply to you if, for example, you were hit by a state-owned vehicle.
- OCGA §36-33-5 states that anyone wishing to sue a city must give notice within six months. This statute could apply to you if you were hit by a city-owned vehicle.
Do not worry if you are unsure of which statute your case falls under. Your attorney will determine which statute applies to you and help you take action.
Speak to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today About Your Side-Impact Collision
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we are passionate about our work and about getting accident victims fair compensation.
Call us at (404) 888-8888 to find out what our car accident attorneys can do for you. Members of our team serving Macon are standing by to speak with you right now.