Georgia has a stunning landscape suited for those who enjoy life on two wheels. In Kennesaw, you could enjoy cycling at the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park or other natural areas. However, as vulnerable road users with little protection aside from a helmet, cyclists invariably take the most damage if they are hit by another vehicle.
When other motorists fail to adhere to traffic law or respect a cyclist’s privilege to share the roads, the consequences can be dire. If you are involved in an accident caused by a negligent or reckless driver, you deserve compensation for your injuries and losses. A Kennesaw bicycle accident attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help you hold the responsible driver or another party accountable.
What Compensation Is Available to Me?
The compensation you could receive will largely depend on the circumstances of the accident, the severity of your injuries, and the insurance coverage available. Your compensation could include:
- Current and any ongoing medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs such as physiotherapy or home care
- Lost wages and compensation if your employment is affected by the accident
- Pain and suffering if the accident has affected your day-to-day life
- Emotional trauma
- Property damage for your bicycle, bike accessories, and more
If you lost a loved one to their injuries, we can bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent driver. The surviving family may be able to seek compensation to help provide financial stability after their loss.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Kennesaw, call (404) 888-8888
Kennesaw Bicycle Accidents FAQsWhat Should I Do at the Scene of a Bicycle Accident?What Is the Average Settlement for a Bicycle Accident?Where Do Most Bicycle Accidents Occur?What Should I Do if I Was Involved in a Bicycle Accident?Is Speeding a Common Cause of Bicycle Accidents?What Injuries Are Associated with Bicycle Accidents?
How Can I Pursue Compensation After Being Hit By Another Driver in Georgia?
Pursuing compensation for a cycling accident is not always easy, especially while recovering from your injuries. You could seek compensation through:
- Your own insurance if you have uninsured motorist coverage in the event the driver fled the scene.
- The other driver’s insurance if they were at fault for the accident.
- Filing a lawsuit if the other driver does not have enough coverage to pay for your damages or the insurance company refuses to settle fairly.
Our injury lawyers will evaluate all of the legal options available to you and provide advice about the most suitable course of action for your situation.
Kennesaw Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Kennesaw Can Help
We will investigate your case to identify liable parties and uncover evidence of driver negligence such as:
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Failing to maneuver safely before turning or changing lanes
- Distracted driving, such as texting or using a smartphone
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive driving
Securing evidence helps us to build a strong case. Sources of evidence can include police reports, photographs, witness statements, and CCTV footage where possible. In addition, we can review your medical records to evaluate your damages. If necessary, we will bring in medical experts (or any other experts) to help prove your case.
Having compiled all of the necessary evidence and other supporting information, we can negotiate a fair settlement for your injuries with the at-fault party’s insurance company. We will take your case to trial if a suitable offer is not submitted during settlement negotiations. However, this is uncommon, as most insurance companies will want to avoid the costs associated with this process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How do I Start a Claim for Compensation?
Our goal is to make the legal process of a compensation claim as straightforward as possible for our clients. Starting your claim can begin with a free consultation where you can learn about your legal options.
Here’s what you should know about the progression of your case:
- First, our responsive legal team listens to what happened to you.
- We evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options at no obligation.
- We proceed on a no-win, no-fee basis when we take your case.
- We fight for the compensation you deserve to ensure you have the support necessary to move on with your life and get back in the saddle.
Keep in mind, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, injured parties have a limited time to pursue compensation in a civil case. Georgia law allows two years from the date of the accident to begin legal proceedings. If this strict deadline expires, it is unlikely the court will hear your case.
Is an Insurer’s Assessment of the Value of My Claim Accurate?
Insurers typically seek to limit the amount they payout by settling at the earliest opportunity. An insurance company may place an incorrect value on your claim without knowing the full extent of your injuries. Our job is to ensure you receive a fair settlement for your suffering.
Our client-first approach means we take the time to understand the unique challenges you face. Our attorneys check in with you regularly to keep you updated about your case and find out how your recovery is progressing. From this, we can build an accurate financial assessment of your injuries based on:
- How the accident has affected you personally and its impact on your quality of life
- Other supporting evidence that demonstrates your financial losses, such as medical expenses and lost wages
There is no set amount for how much compensation you could receive, as each case is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. This is beneficial because it helps ensure an offer reflects your unique circumstances.
Client-Focused Legal Representation Helping You Towards Your Best Recovery
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is driven by our determination to make things right for our clients. Our legal services are more than obtaining a payout. We want to assist you throughout your recovery, getting you the support you need for your rehabilitation and the means to do just that.
We provide our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront to get started. For a free consultation about your case in Kennesaw, contact our bicycle accident attorneys at (404) 888-8888.. Meanwhile, please review our client testimonials and results to learn more about how we help our clients.