If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses. After a bicycle accident, you may not know how to take the next steps to move forward with your case. The good news is you do not have to go through this alone.
Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we believe everyone deserves to seek justice when they are victimized on our roadways, and bicyclists are no different. With a Marietta bicycle accident lawyer by your side, you can focus on your recovery while our attorneys work on building your legal case.
Above all else, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible with your legal process during this difficult time. While every case brings unique obstacles, our attorneys can be there to fight for your rights every step of the way.
With that in mind, our law firm has many different services we can provide during your legal process, including:
- Taking your case to trial
- Negotiating settlements
- Determining the overall value of your case
- Assisting with insurance claims
- Investigating the cause of your accident and proving liability
- Offering general legal counsel
To learn more about our bicycle accident services at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, contact a representative today at (404) 888-8888 to receive your free consultation.
Recoverable Losses in Marietta Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can be devastating. Even minor bicycle accidents can cause you to face significant injuries, financial losses, and mental suffering. Thankfully, you can document these losses and seek compensation for them when you take legal action.
There are numerous specific forms of compensation to help you heal from your wounds and move on with your life, including compensation for:
- Damaged property
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning abilities
- Mental anguish, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of consortium
- Impaired enjoyment of life
- Assistance with permanent disabilities
- Pain and suffering
If you retain a Marietta bicycle accident lawyer, we can be there to assess your case and help you assign monetary values to all your unique losses. That includes more abstract losses like mental suffering.
To learn more about calculating losses in bicycle accidents, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers team member today at (404) 888-8888 to get started with your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Marietta, call (404) 888-8888
Georgia Bicycle Laws
There are numerous laws that deal with bicycling in the state of Georgia, and each city enforces unique laws on the subject. As an overview, the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety details some of the most important laws for bicyclists to keep in mind:
- Legally speaking, bicycles are considered vehicles. As such, bicyclists are considered drivers, and they are subject to the rules of the road.
- Helmets are only required for bicyclists under the age of 16.
- You must use a white headlight when you are using your bicycle at night. The light must be bright enough to be seen from at least 300 feet away. You do not have to use a red light on the back of your bike, but you are required to use a red reflector.
Other laws in Georgia are also intended to promote bicycle safety. According to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §40-6-56, when passing bicyclists, drivers are required to leave a safe distance of at least three feet.
Rules for Driving on the Right Side of the Road
Every year, many accidents occur when bicyclists do not ride on the appropriate side of the road, or alternatively, when drivers do not safely pass a cyclist. For a clearer understanding of these laws, OCGA §40-6-294 requires bicyclists to ride as close to the right side of the road as possible. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
Bicyclists do not have to ride on the right side of the road under the following circumstances:
- Performing left-hand turns
- The bicycle is going the same rate of speed as the motor vehicles
- The lane on the right side of the road is too small, which does not allow proper room between the bicycle and motor vehicles
- Maneuvering the bicycle to avoid hazards in the roadway, including parked cars, drainage grates, debris, potholes, and more
- Carefully passing a non-moving vehicle, or a vehicle moving in the same direction
- When the bicycle enters a “right turn only” lane and the bicyclist does not intend on turning right
Determining your legal rights is one of the most important steps in proving liability after a bicycle accident. If a driver’s negligence led to your accident, you may be able to hold them liable for your losses.
Marietta Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Bicycle Accident Lawyers Fighting for Victims in Marietta
Here at Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we realize you may feel uncertain about your future after a serious bicycle accident. Even if you have healed from your physical injuries, the mental impact of these accidents can last a lifetime.
When you retain a Marietta bicycle accident lawyer, you will have a team of attorneys to fight for your case at every turn. In doing so, you can focus less on your legal case and more on your future and your healing.
Additionally, our attorneys will work to keep you up to date on all the important deadlines you should know about for your case. One of the most important deadlines is detailed under OCGA §9-3-33, which gives you two years to file a claim after your accident. If you allow two years to pass you by and you fail to take legal action, the court may dismiss your claim.
The sooner you contact our firm, the sooner we can get started with your claim. To receive your free consultation today, contact a Bader Scott Injury Lawyers representative at (404) 888-8888.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form