Bader Scott Injury Lawyers are Norcross personal injury attorneys that understand the sensitivity in these classes. The last thing that you want is your elderly family member being mistreated in their nursing home. We will fight for your loved one. It is our job to ensure that the right parties are held responsible. If you or someone you know has been the victim of nursing home abuse, contact our offices today. We need to begin building your case immediately.
How do you handle nursing home abuse lawsuits?
We are an experienced firm that has decades of experience handling nursing home abuse cases. Some firms only want to settle out of court, but we’re not afraid to take your case to trial. We will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation that you deserve. To build a secure nursing home abuse claim, we will:
- Work with medical experts to determine the extent of your loved one’s injuries.
- Investigate the cause of your loved one’s injuries.
- Go over medical records
- Collect photographic evidence
- Review videotapes
- Investigate the nursing home’s hiring process
- Interview any witnesses of the abuse
- Consult with medical professionals about the future cost of living
- Determine any pain and suffering
If a nursing home is facing charges of abuse, they will seek legal representation. Hiring a lawyer helps protect your interests, which is why a nursing home will defend theirs. It’s crucial that you hire an attorney so that you aren’t at a disadvantage. Contact us today.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
Types of elder abuse and neglect
There are many different forms of elder abuse, some of which include: physical abuse, sexual abuse, mental abuse, financial exploitation, negligence by a healthcare worker, and healthcare fraud. If a resident has been injured because of the negligence of a caregiver, you could be eligible to receive compensation.
Elder abuse is generally divided into three categories:
- Domestic: The mistreatment of the elderly characterizes this by someone close to them. This caregiver could be a sibling, friend, spouse, child, or a caregiver. This type of abuse can occur in the home of a caregiver or the elder’s home. Anything that happens in a facility would not apply.
- Institutional: This types of abuse occur in residential facilities, foster homes, group homes, nursing homes, or other care facilities. Those that commit institutional violence are usually people hired by a facility to promote care. These caregivers are legally responsible for the welfare of your loved one.
- Self-neglect: This type of abuse is self-harm from the elderly. As people age, they can have advanced mental conditions and deterioration in their health. This type of injury occurs when a senior citizen can’t provide themselves with proper shelter, clothing, food, water, medication, or personal hygiene. This doesn’t apply to the elderly that are mentally competent and understand the consequences of their actions. These senior citizens must not be aware that they are putting themselves in danger.
Norcross Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
What is financial abuse of the elderly?
Many of the elderly in nursing homes have valuables. These assets can be jewelry, their retirement accounts, or other bank accounts. Since nursing home employees make low wages, it can be easy to steal from these elderly patients.
Some studies show that 10% of the elderly in nursing homes suffer from financial abuse. Some signs that your loved one is financially abused, include:
- Large withdrawals from bank accounts
- Random and sudden bank account charges
- Missing possessions
- Transfer of assets of a change in their will
If you think that your loved one is financially exploited, we can help. Contact our offices today to schedule your free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What are the signs of nursing home abuse?
You trust that you have left your loved one in good hands at their nursing home, but how do you know? When you go to visit, you can watch out for these signs:
- Bedsores: When your loved one is bedridden, they can stay in one position for too long. Bedsores indicate that your loved one isn’t appropriately moved. Bedsores are easy to prevent with proper massages, exercise, and care.
- Falls: There are few things as detrimental to the elderly as a fall. These falls can happen on accident, but they can also show that a nursing home is being negligent. In a proper nursing home, foot care, walking aids, and proper equipment can prevent these accidents.
- Restraints: Although there is a proper use for restraints, they shouldn’t be used all the time. Physical restraints can be used too often, which will cause injuries. Your loved one can also suffer from pain, atrophy, and other preventable injuries.
Click to contact our Norcross Personal Injury Lawyers today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers – ready to fight for you!
Our senior citizens deserve respect, and we will fight for their rights. If you have a loved one that is a victim of nursing home abuse, contact us today. The sooner we begin your case, the faster we can get you a settlement.
Call or text (404) 888-8888 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form