Losing a loved one puts your life on hold. Going to work every day may pose a unique set of challenges. Even picking up your kids from school can feel overwhelming. In a time like this, you want more than legal advocacy; you want support from someone who really, truly cares.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers understands the gravity of your situation, along with its effects on your quality of life. If another party’s negligence caused your loved one’s passing, a Norcross wrongful death lawyer can seek compensation for your losses. To explore your options, call our personal injury team and start a free, no-obligation case review.
You Only Have Two Years to Sue the Negligent Parties for Financial Recovery
If the insurance adjuster isn’t willing to settle, we may have to file a lawsuit to recover compensation. However, this comes with a filing deadline that we must adhere to. Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have just two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
Our team wants to seek maximum compensation for your losses––but we can’t do that if we don’t learn about your case before the deadline expires. To seek compensation for your loved one’s medical costs and other damages, we encourage you to connect with our team today.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Norcross, call (404) 888-8888
The Benefits of Entrusting Your Case to Our Norcross Wrongful Death Lawyers
Our team would be honored to handle your case’s many obligations. A wrongful death attorney can:
- Handle the involved insurance companies
- Secure traffic camera footage (if your loved one suffered a motor vehicle accident, for instance)
- Explore your options during an initial consultation
- Identify the at-fault party
- Offer much-needed peace of mind
- File your claim and negotiate with the liable insurance provider
- File your personal injury lawsuit
We’re prepared to manage everything the legal process entails from start to finish. Our personal injury law firm is eager to learn your story and advocate for what you deserve.
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Norcross Can Investigate
You must have compelling evidence to hold another party accountable for your loved one’s passing. Our office conducts a thorough investigation, which can include reviewing police reports, accident reports, autopsies, and other evidence. We even review witness statements, as well as video and photographic evidence of the scene. To prove fault in a wrongful death case, we need to understand all the details surrounding the fatal incident.
Some additional evidence we’ll use can include medical records. We will use information gathered from these records to look into the pain and suffering that the deceased lived through because of the accident. Generally, we require more intense investigations for any wrongful death suit because there is much information to go over. We need to provide an overview of the life of the deceased before their death.
Our office is experienced in handling wrongful death cases and performing in-depth investigations. It’s essential that we gather as much evidence as possible to build a strong case. While we can’t turn back time and undo the fatal accident, we can lend our support and insights to advance your legal goals.
Norcross Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Norcross, Ga?
Every state has different laws that determine who is eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Georgia has a particular wrongful death statute about who is allowed to pursue a claim. These statutes are in place to protect the family and loved ones of the deceased person.
Per Georgia law, the surviving spouse is the first person eligible to file a wrongful death claim. This claim can also represent any children that the spouse has with the deceased. If children are involved, the terms of the settlement change. The spouse will keep at least a third of the damages, and the rest would be split between the children.
If the deceased person has no spouse or children, parents can file a wrongful death claim. There are also some circumstances where someone representing the estate of the deceased can bring forward a claim. This would only benefit the next surviving relative of the estate.
Other Norcross Wrongful Death FAQs
- How Hard Is It to Prove Wrongful Death?
- What Happens After a Wrongful Death Deposition?
- Can Siblings Sue for Wrongful Death in Georgia?
- Is a Wrongful Death Settlement Considered Income?
- How Does a Wrongful Death Claim Work?
- What Is the Average Settlement for a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys Seek These Damages in Norcross
Whether you lost a loved one to a collision or medical malpractice, our team is eager to learn your story and fight for fair compensation. Through a settlement or court award, we aim for a resolution that offers coverage for:
- Medical expenses: You can receive compensation for the medical care your loved one required prior to their passing. Financial recovery can cover surgery, medications, palliative care, hospice, and end-of-life procedures.
- Loss of financial support: This area covers the lost income your loved one would have continued to earn if not for the fatal accident. We can seek compensation for lost tips, bonuses, benefits, and commissions.
- Burial expenses: Even a simple funeral can cost thousands of dollars. We can include the costs of the funeral service, burial/cremation, and other expenses in your case.
- Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages (unlike medical bills) do not come with supporting documents. Rather, we calculate their values based on the details of your loved one’s passing. Examples of non-economic damages include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and loss of parental guidance.
We may also seek an award that accounts for any money you spent out of pocket related to the wrongful death. For instance, if you had to hop on a redeye to visit your loved one in the hospital, we could include those costs in your claim or lawsuit’s value.
Connect With Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Norcross Today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers isn’t just talk. We have more than a decade of legal experience helping members of our community seek compensation. What’s more, our record of success speaks for itself. If you want to recover the full cost of your past, present, and future losses, call today. We offer free case reviews where we can discuss your financial recovery options.