If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, a motorcycle accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can help ensure your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our team is dedicated to fighting to help you and your family get your lives back after a collision. Our goal is the same as yours: to resolve your case as quickly as possible while ensuring the settlement you receive truly reflects the damages you’ve suffered.
When you call us, you can speak with a member of our team for free. We will review your case, answer your questions, and advise you on how to proceed.
Understand Your Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be overwhelmed and unsure where to turn.
Questions You May Have After a Collision
Some of the things you might wonder about after a collision might include:
- How you will pay your bills and afford the medical treatment you need
- How you will support yourself and your family without an income
- Whether the driver who hit you could be held responsible for covering your expenses
- How to start the claims process
- Whether you need an attorney
While an attorney is not a requirement for filing a claim, entering into the negotiation process without your local attorney might leave you feeling overwhelmed. The process can be lengthy, complicated, and exhausting.
Damages You May Be Able to Recover
- Medical costs: Past, present, and future doctor visits, emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgical procedures, medications, rehabilitation services, and more
- Lost wages: Past, present, and future lost income that includes any reduction in your earning capacity as a result of your injuries
- Pain and suffering: Reduction in your quality of life, increased stress, and any other non-economic damages
- Emotional distress: Depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and any other mental anguish that’s resulted from your collision
- Property damages: Costs associated with repairing or replacing your motorcycle and other personal property
Insurance companies have entire teams of lawyers working to protect their interests and keep your settlement as low as possible. Insurance adjusters will often contact you regularly, pressure you to settle quickly, and dispute claims in hopes of wearing you out until you agree to what they’re offering.
Your lawyer will make sure your damages are accurately calculated and work to make sure you are fairly compensated for them—all while protecting you from the insurance company’s manipulative tactics.
Peachtree Corners Motorcycle Accidents FAQsWhat Are the First Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Smyrna?How Do I File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Atlanta?What Types of Damages Can I Seek in a Decatur Motorcycle Accident Claim?What Are the Helmet Laws for Motorcyclists in Atlanta?Can You Get PTSD From a Motorcycle Accident?Where Do Most Georgia Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
Services Our Law Firm Provides
If you’re struggling to manage the aftermath of a motorcycle collision, you are not alone, and Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is here to help. We’ve been fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims for years and are committed to taking on any case—regardless of how complex it is.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will:
- Handle all communication with the other driver and their insurance company
- Conduct a full-scale investigation into the accident
- Compile evidence to support your claim
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Litigate on your behalf if an agreement cannot be reached out of court
You have enough to worry about without quickly learning the ropes of personal injury law and fighting for your rights. A Peachtree Corners lawyer working with Bader Scott Injuries Lawyers will build a case that clearly outlines what you’ve suffered and what you deserve.
Consult an Attorney With Our Firm to Plan Your Next Steps
OCGA §9-3-33 requires victims to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years from the date of the accident. For those who have suffered the ultimate tragedy and have lost a loved one, surviving family members are generally given the same time to file a wrongful death lawsuit, but there are exceptions.
Make sure you file your lawsuit before the deadline. Failure to do so might result in the court refusing to hear your case, making it your responsibility to pay for your damages. If time permits, your lawyer can help you comply with the deadline.
Comparative Negligence Laws in Georgia
Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence law. Under OCGA §51-12-33, if you hold part of the blame in an accident, then your total amount of compensation may be reduced. Consider the scenario below:
If a driver ran a red light and hit you, but you were speeding, the court might say that you hold 20% of the blame. In that case, you will receive 80% of your total damages.
However, in the event that you hold more than 51% of the blame, you will not be awarded any damages. Your lawyer will work to prove that you followed all the road rules, adjusted your driving according to the road conditions, and you were not at fault for the accident.
Don’t let an insurance company dictate what your suffering is worth. Hire your lawyer to level the playing field. The first call is free and all additional services are provided on a contingency-fee-basis, so you don’t pay us anything unless we win compensation for you.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), over 82,000 motorcyclists were injured in 2018 alone. In each of these instances, lives were upended and victims were left struggling to figure out how to rebuild their lives.
Reach Out to Us Today for a Free Consultation
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888 to speak with a member of our team and start rebuilding your life today.
We can advise you of your legal rights and help you understand your options. Your consultation is free, so call us today to get started.