If you were hurt in a truck collision, you have the right to pursue legal action against the party responsible for the crash. Depending on the circumstances, there could be more than one individual or entity at fault in your case. A Rome truck accident lawyer could help you fight for compensation.
All around Atlanta, truck accidents happen daily. Most of these accidents are severe, and they require legal representation. You deserve someone that is going to fight for your interests and get you the compensation that you deserve. Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can set up your free consultation.
Possible Compensation Following a Truck Accident in Rome
If you were injured in a truck crash due to no fault of your own, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Through a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim, that compensation could become a reality. Some of the damages you can seek include:
One of the most difficult aspects of suffering an injury is being unable to work. Recovering from a serious injury can take time, and missing paychecks during the course of that recovery could greatly impact your budget. Our Rome personal injury lawyers could help you replace your lost wages by pursuing a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Most vehicles struck by large commercial trucks sustain major damage in the accident. If your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in a truck crash, you could be entitled to compensation. That compensation could cover the cost of either replacing or repairing the damaged vehicle.
Your medical bills could also make up a major portion of your injury case. Even minor injuries can require costly medical care, especially if an emergency room visit is involved. Serious injuries could be costly now and in the future. These expenses could be included in a personal injury settlement.
Reliving a serious truck accident can be traumatic. Long after the physical wounds from the crash heal, you could still be facing emotional trauma related to reliving the accident. Compensation for this mental anguish can help you afford the treatment you need to get your life back on track.
Pain and Suffering
Experienced physical pain is often unavoidable in a truck accident. Your pain could eventually resolve itself, or it could last for the rest of your life. Your physical pain and emotional suffering may warrant compensation. Our Rome truck accident attorneys can calculate this non-economic loss to ensure you seek fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Rome, call (404) 888-8888
Rome Truck Accidents FAQsWhat Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Decatur?What Damages Can I Recover in a Truck Accident Claim in Decatur?How Can an Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyer Prove Liability?What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Atlanta?What Causes Most Semi-Truck Accidents?What Types of Injuries Occur from Truck Accidents With Hazardous Cargo?
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Rome Truck Accident Attorney?
Our firm believes that your personal finances should not get in the way of your pursuit of justice following a truck crash. For that reason, we handle every truck accident injury case on a contingency basis.
A contingency basis means that we only collect our fee if we are successful in your case. We keep a portion of what we recover on your behalf instead of requiring payment upfront and out-of-pocket. If we are unsuccessful, you won’t owe us a fee at all. This approach is a win-win for injury victims who can pursue a case without assuming any additional financial risks.
Rome Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Truck Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
There are many different types of commercial vehicles sharing the road with other motorists. Some of the most common trucks are semis, dump trucks, garbage trucks, fuel trucks, and cement trucks. Tractor-trailers are some of the most massive trucks on the roadway and can reach weights of around 80,000 pounds.
When you think that an average vehicle weighs approximately 3,000 pounds, you can see why the size difference is an issue. Types of truck accidents we have handled include:
- Semi-Trucks: Also known as tractor-trailers
- Cement:These large trucks have moving barrels that can mix up concrete
- Garbage: Used to transport residential and commercial trash to the dump
- Postal:Transports mail all around the city and back to the post office
- Tow: Used to pick up and transport vehicles in various situations
- Fire Trucks: Used by cities all over the state to put out fires and assist with accidents
- Fuel: Responsible for carrying fuel to destinations and can be extremely dangerous in an accident
- Rental: These are temporarily used by the driver and are generally usually for moving
- Service: Plumbing, contractors, electricians, constructions, and the trucks that they use to complete their business
- Delivery: Business trucks that are used to deliver goods and packages
Many of these trucking accidents result in casualties and serious injuries. If you or someone you know has been a victim of a truck accident, you need to act now. Call us to discuss your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving Negligence in Your Rome Truck Accident Case
There are many reasons why a truck driver could be found at fault in your accident.
In the state of Georgia, the driver that is found to be negligent is responsible for the damages and injuries. So, it is essential that we begin building your case immediately.
A strong case will give you a better chance of receiving the compensation that you deserve. Some instances of truck driver neglect:
Being overworked and tired behind the wheel. Some companies recommend that drivers fudge the numbers in their logs to get loads delivered faster. If we can prove this, you also have a lawsuit against the truck driving company:
- The truck driver lacked experience operating a large commercial vehicle.
- The truck driver was speeding or failed to obey traffic laws.
- The truck driver engaged in aggressively driving.
- The trucking company did not properly train the driver.
- The trucking company did not maintain the vehicle.
- Parts on the truck have malfunctioned.
- The driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Cargo isn’t secured properly and falls into the road.
- Drivers are operating the truck recklessly.
- Drivers rushing to make a deadline choose to drive erratically.
- The truck is overloaded.
- The driver had a fit of road rage.
- There are multiple offenses in the driving record of the operator.
We Fully Investigate Your Truck Accident In Rome
We know that it is the minor details that can make or break a case. So, we thoroughly investigate all of the details of your trucking accident. We must prove negligence so that we can win your case and get you your settlement. Trucking accidents can be complicated because there are so many different parties involved.
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, we will always start with an investigation. We need to gather as much evidence as possible to build your claim. Some of this evidence can include:
- Inspecting the body of the truck
- Making sure that the load was secured correctly
- Checking the scene of the accident for skid marks, debris, oil spills, etc.
- Checking the scene for construction, potholes, and other road hazards
- Reviewing police reports of the incident
- Reviewing weather reports for the time of the event
- Monitoring the maintenance log of the truck
- Gathering witness testimony from anyone that observed the accident
- Checking electronic devices on the truck that show the mileage and speed of the truck
- Any pictures of the scene, collision, or injuries
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers To Work With a Rome Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accident lawsuits are complex, and navigating the laws and regulations surrounding these large commercial vehicles is difficult on your own. You don’t have to fret over the legal process. We can handle everything for you while you recover from your injuries.
We know that trucking accidents can be frustrating, which is why we recommend hiring an experienced legal representation. You have questions and bills that need to be paid, so you don’t have any time to waste. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers now for your free consultation.
Office InformationAddress Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
1825 Turner McCall Boulevard
Rome, GA 30161