All around Atlanta, truck accidents happen daily. Most of these accidents are severe, and they require legal representation. You deserve someone that is going to fight for your interests and get you the compensation that you deserve. Contact our offices today to set up your free consultation.
Types of trucks on the road
There are many different types of commercial vehicles sharing the road with other motorists. Some of the most common trucks are semis, dump trucks, garbage trucks, fuel trucks, and cement trucks. Tractor-trailers are some of the most massive trucks on the roadway and can reach weights of around 80,000 pounds.
When you think that an average vehicle weighs approximately 3,000 pounds, you can see why the size difference is an issue. Types of truck accidents we have handled include:
- Semi-Trucks: Also known as tractor-trailers.
- Cement: These large trucks have moving barrels that can mix up concrete.
- Garbage: Used to transport residential and commercial trash to the dump.
- Postal: Transports mail all around the city and back to the post office.
- Tow: Used to pick up and transport vehicles in various situations.
- Fire Trucks: Used by cities all over the state to put out fires and assist at accidents.
- Fuel: Responsible for carrying fuel to destinations and can be extremely dangerous in an accident.
- Rental: These are temporarily used by the driver and are generally usually for moving.
- Service: Plumbing, contractors, electricians, constructions, and the trucks that they use to complete their business.
- Delivery: Business trucks that are used to deliver goods and packages.
Many of these trucking accidents result in casualties and serious injuries. If you or someone you know has been a victim of a truck accident, you need to act now. Call us to discuss your case.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Rome, call (404) 888-8888
Proving negligence in your accident
There are many reasons why a truck driver could be found at-fault in your accident.
In the state of Georgia, the driver that is found to be negligent is responsible for the damages and injuries. So, it is essential that we begin building your case immediately.
A strong case will give you a better chance of receiving the compensation that you deserve. Some instances of truck driver neglect:
Being overworked and tired behind the wheel. Some companies recommend that drivers fudge the numbers in their logs to get loads delivered faster. If we can prove this, you also have a lawsuit against the truck driving company:
- Inexperience driving their commercial truck.
- Speeding or not obeying traffic laws.
- Aggressively driving
- Not being trained properly to drive the vehicle.
- Poorly maintained vehicle.
- Parts on the truck have malfunctioned.
- The driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Cargo isn’t secured properly and falls into the road.
- Drivers are operating the truck recklessly.
- Drivers rushing to make a deadline, so they drive erratically.
- The truck is overloaded.
- The driver had a fit of road rage.
- There are multiple offenses in the driving record of the operator.
Rome Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
We fully investigate your trucking accident
We know that it is the minor details that can make or break a case. So, we thoroughly investigate all of the details of your trucking accident. We must prove negligence so that we can win your case and get you your settlement. Trucking accidents can be complicated because there are so many different parties involved.
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, we will always start with an investigation. We need to gather as much evidence as possible to build your claim. Some of this evidence can include:
- Inspecting the body of the truck
- Making sure that the load was secured correctly
- Checking the scene of the accident for skid marks, debris, oil spills, etc.
- Checking the scene for construction, potholes, and other road hazards
- Reviewing police reports of the incident
- Reviewing weather reports for the time of the event
- Monitoring the maintenance log of the truck
- Gathering witness testimony from anyone that observed the accident
- Checking electronic devices on the truck that show the mileage and speed of the truck
- Any pictures of the scene, collision, or injuries
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
We know that trucking accidents can be frustrating, which is why we recommend hiring an experienced legal representation. You have questions and bills that need to be paid, so you don’t have any time to waste. Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers now to schedule your free consultation.