Bader Scott Injury Lawyers believes that there is no excuse for aggressive driving. If you were injured by the aggressive, reckless, or negligent actions of another driver, a Sandy Springs aggressive driving accident lawyer from our firm may be able to help you pursue compensation in an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can gather evidence to establish the responsible party’s liability, evaluate and quantify your damages, and handle all communications on your behalf when we represent you. We may be able to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call us today at (404) 888-8888 for a free, no-obligation consultation on your case with a member of our team.
Identifying Aggressive Driving
In Georgia, aggressive driving is a type of traffic offense. Per O.C.G.A. 40-6-397, aggressive driving includes purposefully using a vehicle “to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person.” The statute goes on to list several specific types of actions that qualify as aggressive driving, including:
- Not passing a driver in a safe manner or allowing them to pass
- Unsafe lane changes, including passing in the center lane
- Not using a signal to change lanes or turn
- Deliberately slowing down below a reasonable speed limit
- Certain illegal actions on a motorcycle
- Reckless driving
Other actions that may be considered aggressive driving or are otherwise illegal include:
- Driving on the shoulder of the road, in a ditch, on the sidewalk, or the median
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Not following or observing traffic control devices, traffic signs, posted speed limits, or the instructions of a traffic officer
- A failure to follow work zone or construction zone warning signs and driving rules
- Cutting in front of another vehicle and brake-checking them
- Weaving between lanes and in and out of traffic
- And more
Proof that any of these actions or behaviors caused your accident can potentially be used to support your case if you were involved in an aggressive driving accident.
Even if the responsible driver in your case does not receive a citation for aggressive driving or reckless driving, a Sandy Springs aggressive driving accident lawyer with Bader Scott Injury Lawyers may be able to help you establish their liability for your injuries with evidence that their negligence caused your accident by violating another traffic law such as failure to yield or use a turn signal.
If you were involved in an accident that was caused by aggressive driving or some other form of negligent behavior, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim. For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers at (404) 888-8888.
For a free legal consultation with a aggressive driving accidents lawyer serving Sandy Springs, call (404) 888-8888
Aggressive Driving Vs. Road Rage
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), road rage is an extreme form of aggressive driving that is characterized by anger or violence.
Examples of road rage may include:
- Cursing, expletives, and obscene gestures
- Intentionally ramming into another vehicle
- Throwing objects at another car or driver
- Sideswiping another vehicle
- Pushing and forcing another driver’s vehicle off the road
- Hitting another driver or a parked vehicle or even a pedestrian and driving off
Many of these forms of aggressive driving are illegal, especially hitting another vehicle or road user and driving off. This is classified as a hit-and-run and can lead to monetary penalties, jail time, or both.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can also help you with car accident cases involving road rage.
Sandy Springs Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Seeking Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
To seek compensation for an aggressive driving accident, you typically must:
- Show that another road user’s negligent actions caused an accident
- Show that the accident caused you some form of harm
- Quantify your harm in some tangible way, either by showing expenses related to the damages and/or losses you suffered or proving mental or physical damages
A Sandy Springs aggressive driving accident lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can gather evidence of these elements in your case when we represent you. This evidence may include:
- Photos or videos from the scene of the accident
- Witness statements
- Your medical records
- A police report or record of any citations issued to the responsible driver
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Evidence from your employer related to your lost wages
- Testimony from medical and occupational experts about your future costs of care
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
Depending on the nature of the accident, the victim’s injuries, and other factors, the following damages may be recoverable in an aggressive driving accident case:
- All costs of accident-related medical care, both current and future
- Lost wages or reduced earning capability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers believes in holding aggressive drivers responsible for their dangerous and reckless actions. A Sandy Springs aggressive driving accident lawyer from our firm may be able to handle all communications and investigations in your case when we represent you. If the responsible party’s insurance company does not make you a fair settlement offer based on the evidence we produce, we can take your case to trial.
When considering legal action for your car accident injuries, keep in mind that, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, Georgia imposes a general two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. Waiting too long and allowing the deadline in your case to pass before acting could mean that your lawsuit is dismissed.
For a free, no-obligation case review with a representative of our firm, including information on your deadlines, call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today at (404) 888-8888. We take car accident cases on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front costs due.