When someone dies in an accident, the family is often left wondering what happened and who is to blame. The family must also deal with sudden expenses, lost income, and the emotional turmoil of losing a loved one. If your family has lost a loved one in a fatal accident, a lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers is ready to fight for the justice you deserve.
Bader Scott Injury Lawyers provides legal representation for families of accident victims in Sandy Springs. We understand that nothing can replace the loss of a loved one, but a financial recovery can be immensely helpful. A Sandy Springs wrongful death lawyer can pursue compensation for burial expenses, lost household income, medical costs, and other damages.
Reasons to Hire Your Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
Our firm enables clients to work through their mourning without worrying about a wrongful death lawsuit. While your psychological and emotional well-being is most important, getting financial justice for your loss is similarly urgent. With a wrongful death lawyer from our firm leading your case in Sandy Springs, you can focus on the former while we handle the latter.
You may choose Bader Scott Injury Lawyers as your law firm because:
- Our offices are positioned to lead your case in Sandy Springs: Our office in Atlanta allows us to represent clients in Sandy Springs. We will travel to you for case-related meetings, though you are always welcome in our offices. We’re familiar with Sandy Springs, we care about the safety of Sandy Springs, and we will fight for a just outcome to your case in Sandy Springs.
- Wrongful death cases are personal to us: Our team has immense empathy for our clients, and we make their loss our loss. This means that we take a personal investment in wrongful death cases. We will seek the compensation you deserve because we honor our vow to fight for our clients.
- We have a team of lawyers ready to fight for you: Our attorneys are dedicated to getting justice for clients, and we will pair you with an attorney who is well-suited to lead your case. Expect a direct and personal connection with your wrongful death attorney serving Sandy Springs.
- Our fee structure protects you from financial risk: We don’t ask for any upfront compensation from you. If we win your case, we will get a percentage of the financial recovery. You won’t owe us a dime if we don’t succeed (which is not our plan).
We are passionate about what we do, and no case is more important than a wrongful death case. Let us fight for the justice you and your loved one who has passed deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Sandy Springs, call (404) 888-8888
Georgia Law Limits Your Time to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Georgia Code §51-4-2 allows certain family members to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party if we can demonstrate that the accident resulted from negligence or careless actions. While you are eligible to pursue compensation, you may need a personal representative to file the case. We can serve that role for you.
We have worked with clients in numerous wrongful death cases in Georgia, including:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Dangerous product cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents
These are only a few of the accident types we handle. If you have lost a loved one in any circumstance that may have been preventable, we will lead a legal claim on your behalf.
Georgia Code §9-3-33 generally allows you two years to file a lawsuit against the liable party. If you miss the deadline, you may no longer be eligible to recover your losses. A personal injury lawyer from our firm will work hard to file your case on time, but we need you to contact us to start this process.
Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Sandy Springs Wrongful Death FAQs
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Damages in a Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Case
Your family is entitled to recover losses from those responsible for the fatal accident. How much your case is worth depends on various factors, such as how the accident occurred, who is responsible, and the extent of your family’s damages. In a wrongful death claim, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Medical expenses: The victim in the accident may have spent time in the emergency room, undergone surgery, or been in the ICU before passing. Your family may have incurred thousands of dollars in medical bills. Make sure that you keep all medical documents, including bills, medical reports, and receipts. We can use these documents to build your case.
- Funeral expenses: Funeral expenses cost around $15,000 on average, according to Healthline. Your family may have to pay various costs, such as funeral fees, burial plot purchase, casket, body preparation, and headstone. You may be able to receive up to 100 percent compensation for all burial and funeral costs.
- Lost household income: If the deceased was a primary provider in the home, your family might have difficulty surviving financially after the fatal accident. You may claim such losses as monthly income, benefits, and retirement contributions. We can work with the employer to determine how much past and future income you’ve lost because of your loved one’s passing.
- Pain and suffering: No one should suffer physically or mentally after an accident, but losing a loved one causes immense grief. We will consider your pain and suffering and any pain and suffering your loved one may have endured before passing away.
As your attorneys, we will pursue the maximum compensation based on your damages. Instead of accepting the initial offer from the insurance company, let us sit down with you and determine the value of your case. We will fight for every bit of financial compensation you are entitled to.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney Serving Sandy Springs Can Help You
After the death of a family member, your family deserves time and space to process and heal. You may not have the time, energy, resources, or desire to file a wrongful death claim. Our ability to handle your wrongful death legal claim in Sandy Springs from start to finish may be immensely valuable.
Our team serving Sandy Springs will:
Provide Legal Consultation and Guidance
You may need comprehensive guidance from your wrongful death attorney, as most are unfamiliar with filing a wrongful death claim. We provide consultation every step of the way and will help you avoid any mistakes that could hurt your case.
Investigate the Fatal Accident
We will thoroughly investigate what happened, who is liable for the fatal event, and how their negligence led to your loved one’s passing. We will uncover all relevant facts to leave no doubt that the at-fault party is responsible for your loss.
Establish Fault and Liability
Our legal team will gather evidence such as photos and videos, eyewitness statements, expert testimony, police reports, and medical reports to substantiate your wrongful death claim.
Calculate Your Damages
The death of a family member can cause a wide range of expenses, such as medical costs, burial costs, funeral expenses, and loss of household income. You are almost certainly experiencing non-economic harm as well. We will explore the extent of your damages to calculate what your case is worth.
Our law firm will also engage with the insurance company on your behalf to negotiate a fair settlement. If necessary, we will take your legal claim to court.
Work with the Insurance Company
After the accident, the insurance company may try to reach out to you. However, your family is not legally obligated to speak with the insurance adjuster. Our law firm will contact the insurance company and speak with them on your behalf. This eliminates any possibility of you saying anything that might damage your case.
Our law firm will take the legal process off your shoulders. Fighting for justice is what we do, and we encourage you to let us fight for the just outcome you deserve.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation About Hiring a Sandy Springs Wrongful Death Lawyer
We will work hard to negotiate a settlement reflecting all your losses so you can move forward financially. However, if the at-fault party denies responsibility for the accident or the insurance company does not want to settle, our law firm will file a wrongful death lawsuit and represent you in court.
A Sandy Springs wrongful death lawyer from our team is here to help you with your wrongful death claim. Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.