If you suffered physical harm and financial losses because of another person’s wrongdoing, Bader Scott Injury Lawyers could help you pursue justice. Our Garden City personal injury lawyers can prove negligence, calculate and pursue your damages, and fight for a fair outcome for your insurance claim or lawsuit.
What Is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury is an area of civil law that helps victims recover damages for losses sustained due to another party’s negligence. Negligence occurs when someone fails to act with a level of care expected from a reasonable person. Personal injuries can also stem from intentional acts of violence or wrongdoing. Our personal injury lawyers assist with cases involving:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – According to the National Safety Council (NSC), motor vehicle accidents are among the top causes of unintentional injuries and fatalities. The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) reports 11 fatal crashes and 954 injury accidents in Garden City from 2016 to 2020. Our car accident lawyers can help with collisions involving passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, and motorcycles. We also assist with pedestrian and bicycle accidents, hit and runs, and Uber and Lyft rideshare collisions.
- Premises liability – Premises liability cases deal with personal injuries suffered on another party’s property due to negligent or unsafe conditions. Cases of this type include but are not limited to slip and falls, dog bite injuries, swimming pool accidents, fire and burn injuries, and assaults resulting from negligent security. Our lawyers work on cases involving commercial, residential, and government property.
- Medical malpractice – If you suffered an injury due to a medical mistake or medical negligence, we could help you hold the responsible health care provider or facility accountable. Medical malpractice includes surgical errors, medication errors, failure to diagnose or treat, misdiagnosis, premature discharge, and lack of follow-up care.
- Product liability – Product liability law helps consumers injured by dangerous or defective products, drugs, or medical devices. Our firm is not afraid to take on large corporations, including automakers and pharmaceutical companies.
- Nursing home abuse – We serve victims of nursing home abuse and neglect and their families. We can help you relocate your loved one, seek reimbursement for nursing home fees, and pursue compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Workplace injuries – We assist with workers’ compensation claims. Our lawyer can also look into your workplace accident to determine if you may have grounds for a personal injury claim or lawsuit against a third party, such as a job site owner or supplier.
- Wrongful death – Wrongful death is a type of personal injury case pursued by the family of a deceased loved one. If your spouse, parent, or child died from an injury caused by negligence, you might be eligible to pursue compensation on their behalf.
Personal injury is not limited to the areas of law mentioned above. If you think you might have a personal injury case, our legal team can answer your questions and tell you more about your legal options.
Georgia Works with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Reducing Unintentional Injuries
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH), unintentional injuries cause around 4,300 deaths and more than 74,000 emergency department visits and hospitalizations every year in Georgia. Of course, not all accidental injuries result from negligence. However, many of the top causes of unintentional injuries can fall under the personal injury umbrella, including vehicle accidents, falls, and struck by or against an object.
To help curb the nationwide rate of unintentional injury, Georgia is one of 23 states funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Core State Violence and Injury Prevention Program (SVIPP). The program uses health education, community engagement, and other strategies to promote injury and violence prevention.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Garden City, call (404) 888-8888
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
We understand that you are recovering from an injury, caring for a hurt family member, mourning the loss of a loved one, or all three. That is enough for anyone to worry about without adding in the headache of insurance red tape and legal proceedings. So let our personal injury attorneys take some of the burden off you and your family.
We Will Identify and Seek Your Losses
We will review your bills, receipts, and payment records and talk to you about your pain and suffering. We will use this information to fight for fair compensation for:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Lifecare costs
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Vehicle or personal property damages
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Miscellaneous injury-related expenses
We Will Establish Negligence and Liability
We will prove liability and negligence using evidence, Georgia case law, and legal precedence. The evidence we collect will vary depending on your type of personal injury case but may include:
- Physical evidence from the scene of your accident
- Photographs and videos
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Police and accident reports
- Expert testimony
We Will Handle the Details
Let us worry about deadlines, paperwork, phone calls, emails, and negotiations. We will provide you with regular updates, and any time you have questions or want to speak with your case manager or attorney, contact our office, and we will connect you the same day you call.
Garden City Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
Georgia Law Limits Your Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In general, Georgia allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. However, you may have less time if your case is against a government entity. The court will likely throw out your case if your time runs out. Additionally, an expired statute will work against you during the insurance claims process.
If you have not contacted an attorney because of concerns about the cost, know that Bader Scott Injury Lawyers takes cases on contingency, meaning our services cost you nothing upfront. We only get paid when we win your case.
Reach Out to Bader Scott Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Contact our offices for a free case evaluation to learn more about how our Garden City personal injury lawyers can protect your legal rights and pursue compensation on your behalf.