If an injury or illness caused by medical negligence or an existing condition or injury was made worse in this way, our malpractice lawyers in Rome are here to help. We can assist with your compensation case stemming from a variety of areas of medical negligence, such as:
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis
- Surgical errors
- Poor patient case management
- Medication errors
- Childbirth and prenatal negligence
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
Whatever your situation, if you believe you have been injured or made more ill while under the care of a medical professional or organization, you could be entitled to pursue compensation for the harm you suffered.
Our Medical Negligence Attorneys Can Help You Determine If You Have a Case
Determining whether you have reasonable grounds to pursue compensation can be confusing. However, several indications could suggest your injury or illness resulted from errors in your treatment or care. As such, considering the following questions may give you some clarity:
- Do you believe the medical professional or organization could have done something different regarding your treatment or care that would have prevented your injury or illness?
- Are you now suffering due to the mistakes made with your treatment or care?
- Has your condition worsened, or have you developed other health issues after treatment?
- Has your doctor listened to your concerns?
- Was there a delay in your treatment or diagnostic tests?
- Is there a lack of communication or unwillingness to answer your questions?
- Have you received a different second opinion from another doctor?
- Did you first discover you have suffered as a result of medical negligence within the past two years?
If you have concerns about experiencing any of the above, it can be beneficial to discuss your situation in more detail with a medical negligence lawyer. Malpractice lawsuits are highly complex and require an in-depth knowledge of medicine and the law. Our injury attorneys can help you determine your legal position and provide advice about how to progress with your claim.
Para una consulta legal gratuita with a negligencia medica lawyer serving Rome, llame (404) 888-8888
Compensation Awarded in Medical Negligence Injury or Illness Cases
Compensation awarded in medical negligence lawsuits can vary from thousands of dollars to settlements in the millions. The amount you could be awarded is determined by a variety of factors such as:
- The severity and nature of your injury or illness
- How much pain and suffering you have experienced
- Your medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Compensation for any impact on your wages, including future earnings
- The effect of the injury or illness on your day-to-day life
- Whether you need any adaptations to the home as part of your ongoing care needs
- The cost of any medical equipment you may need due to being injured
Rome Negligencia Medica Abogada Cerca De Mi (404) 888-8888
How We Build a Case to Prove Your Injury Resulted from Medical Malpractice
For a medical malpractice case to be considered, our medical negligence attorneys can help you prove the following elements:
Duty of Care:
Establishing the medical professional had a duty to provide care at a level reasonably expected of other practitioners in the same job role. This could be a doctor, midwife, surgeon, anesthetist, pharmacist, etc. This is usually fairly straightforward as the relationship between you and a professional health care practitioner typically creates a legal duty of care.
Breach of Duty:
Assessing the standard of care you received to decide whether or not it met a reasonably expected standard. Proving a healthcare practitioner breached their duty of care to you is central to the success of your claim, and it can be challenging to determine. For this reason, we call on independent medical experts to consider your case and look at whether a breach of duty of care caused you avoidable harm.
After breach of duty is determined, we can arrange for you to be assessed by a suitable independent medical expert to prepare a medical report outlining your condition. We can calculate how much compensation you could receive to cover your immediate and ongoing care and rehabilitation costs from the report.
We can help demonstrate that the mistakes made with your treatment or care caused your injuries or illness. For example, a patient suffering unnecessary harm due to a delay in their diagnosis or treatment. In short, establishing a link between the substandard care you received and your ensuing injuries or illness.
Lastly, we will need to demonstrate that the harm you suffered resulted in physical, emotional, and financial damages. Examples can include disability, pain and suffering, loss of income, and other related losses such as large medical bills.
Complete un formulario De Evaluación De Caso Gratuito ahora
We Will Fund the Cost of Building and Pursuing Your Case
So you do not have to worry about legal fees; we take on the financial responsibility of financing your case. Our fees and expenses are then paid when we obtain a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf. This is commonly referred to as a no-win, no-fee arrangement.
Medical Negligence Claim Time Limits
Injured parties who want to pursue a malpractice lawsuit have two years to file their case from the date of the injury (or from the date a health condition caused by negligence was discovered) per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-71.
We Deliver Results Through Compassion, Integrity, and Determination
At Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, we are committed to helping our clients to obtain the compensation they are entitled to if they suffer from harm following a medical mistake. We know you are hurting right now and frustrated about your situation. However, do not be discouraged as you are not alone. Together, we can make things right.
To learn about your legal position and how we can help, call and discuss your situation in confidence with our team (404) 888-8888 today. We do not charge for our initial consultation, and you are under no obligation after that.