When you seek medical treatment, you have every expectation that health professionals will provide you with an acceptable standard of care. But when a health professional fails in their duty and negligently causes you injury, you have the right to file a medical malpractice lawsuit for compensation to cover your losses.
If you or someone you love are the victims of medical malpractice, an Alpharetta medical malpractice lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can handle your legal case while you focus on healing. Our personal injury lawyers can handle your entire case from start to finish.
Damages a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Recover in Alpharetta
Doctors have an obligation to do no harm to their patients in their care. Unfortunately, medical malpractice is an all too common occurrence, according to Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. Patients like you suffer serious injuries because of a doctor or another health professional’s negligent treatment.
As a result of your injuries, your medical bills are piling up, you can’t work, and your quality of life is lower. You may even have a new fear of receiving medical treatment and find trusting doctors challenging.
Our firm believes in holding negligent medical professionals accountable, and we can recover damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and benefits
- Child care
- Physical therapy
- Home services
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
- Future medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment
- Future lost income
- Loss of companionship
The amount of compensation you could receive will depend on the severity of your injuries, among others factors. There are no caps on damages in Georgia, and we have won six and seven-figure settlements for victims like you.
Sadly, some patients die because of medical malpractice. We are sincerely sorry if you lost someone you love due to a medical professional’s negligence. Wrongful death damages typically cover funeral expenses, lost income, and medical bills. Our firm can handle your legal case so you and your family can take the time to grieve.
Compensation can cover your financial losses, but it’s also a way to hold the liable party accountable and prevent other patients from suffering your experience.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Alpharetta, call (404) 888-8888
Your Alpharetta Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Build Your Case
When a doctor violates your trust and harms you, we urge you to obtain legal representation immediately. Medical professionals and their insurance providers have lawyers representing them. Obtaining a lawyer evens the playing field and provides you with an advocate who will look out for your interests and defend your rights.
We will walk you through the legal process every step of the way as your case progresses. Building a solid case is our goal so you can get the compensation you deserve. When you hire a lawyer from our firm to represent you, you can expect the following:
- Investigate the cause of your injury: We will investigate the incident of medical malpractice to determine liability. Discovering the facts of the case is vital so we can present a strong case to a jury.
- Gather evidence: We will collect evidence, such as medical documents, witness statements, past complaints about your doctor, and expert opinions to support your claim and build your case.
- Work closely with you: Our lawyers will work closely with you. You can also expect to have access to our lawyers and have the final say about decisions.
- Protect your rights: We will protect your rights and prevent the liable party and their insurer from taking advantage of you during this difficult time.
- Calculate your claim: We will calculate the value of your claim to seek compensation that adequately covers your losses and to determine if any settlement offers are fair.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate with the liable party and their insurer to reach a settlement agreement. We will review the terms of the settlement with you, so you understand them because once you sign the agreement, you cannot seek additional compensation in the future.
- File a lawsuit: We prepare every case to present to a jury, and we are not afraid to represent you at trial. Most cases settle out of court because insurance providers do not want to risk paying a larger settlement. But if filing a lawsuit is necessary to secure compensation for you, we will do it.
Our law firm will provide your case with the time and resources it deserves so you can get the compensation you require to rebuild your life and secure your future.
Alpharetta Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
A Medical Malpractice Lawyer Costs You Nothing Unless We Win
Your medical malpractice lawyer works on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay us unless we win your case and you receive compensation for your losses. We also offer free consultations so we can evaluate your case and answer your questions.
Health providers and insurance companies have teams of lawyers representing them. You should have access to legal representation regardless of your financial status.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Work to Meet the Statute of Limitations in Your Medical Malpractice Case
We urge you to consult with an attorney as soon as possible after discovering your medical malpractice injury. We will help you consider your options, but you only have two years after the incident or two years after discovery to file a lawsuit in Georgia, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-71.
Please file a lawsuit by the deadline in your case to avoid losing your right to pursue compensation through the courts. We will work to meet the statute of limitations in your case.
Work With a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Alpharetta Today
You have the right to seek compensation for your injuries from negligent medical professionals. We are ready to fight for you. Trust between a doctor and a patient is fundamental, which is why there must be accountability. You deserve justice and compensation to regain a sense of normalcy and move forward with your life.
A medical malpractice lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers will treat you with respect and compassion while seeking the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation or to learn more, contact us today.