Property owners and managers can be held liable whenever guests or invitees suffer injuries on their properties. Premises liability law in Georgia holds property owners and managers accountable whenever their negligence leads to accidents on the property, whether public or private since they have a legal obligation to maintain safe premises for people to occupy.
If you or a loved one was injured on an Athens property, you may be able to hold the property owner, manager, or another related party liable for your damages. An Athens premises liability lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can serve your case, advocating for your potential right to receive financial compensation. We offer the first consultation for free when you call and can start working on your case right away.
What Cases Fall Within Premises Liability Law?
Premises liability is a form of personal injury law, but premises liability cases focus on injury events that occur on private or public properties, such as:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Drowning in pool accidents
- Dog bites
- Electric accidents
- Fallen debris accidents
- Improper maintenance accidents
Your accident case may involve more specific details, so do not dismiss yourself if your situation doesn’t fall under any of the above examples. You can discuss your case with a member of our team, who will determine how we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Athens, call (404) 888-8888
Athens Premises Liability FAQsWhat Is Considered a Hazardous Condition in a Premises Liability Case?Does Premises Liability Cover Animal Attacks in Georgia?How Much Is the Average Premises Liability SettlementHow Can I Prove Negligence in a Premises Liability Case?What Is a Premises Liability Case?What Evidence do I Need to File a Premises Liability Claim?
What Kind of Damages Can You Pursue in a Premises Liability Case in Athens?
You can pursue the following types of damages in a premises liability case:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses can include any costs for treatment you received for your injuries, such as costs for surgeries, doctor’s appointments, emergency room care, prescription medicines, and physical rehabilitation. If your injuries require long-term treatment, you may demand compensation for future medical expenses you’ll have to pay.
- Pain and suffering: “Pain and suffering” is an umbrella term for emotional and physical pain. You may claim this damage if you suffered emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety. If you are living with chronic pain or inflammation, that would also fall under this category.
- Income loss: If your injuries were severe enough to put you out of work or you had to take time off work to get medical treatment, you may report the income you lost as a result. If your injuries prevent you from returning to work or your career in general, you may demand compensation for future income loss or the reduction in your earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: If you have to pay for services to accommodate your injuries, such as caretaking services or transportation services, you may claim those out-of-pocket expenses.
- Permanent disability: If the injury event resulted in a permanent disability or physical disfigurement, you may include damages related to living with either of those injuries. For example, you may claim that you suffered an overall reduction in your quality of life if your disability made you lose independence in your life.
You may claim other damages outside of these categories. In cases where a family lost a loved one, they can claim wrongful death damages (e.g., funeral expenses) when pursuing compensation.
Our legal team will discuss how your injuries have affected your personal life, then go over a fair estimate to pursue when advocating for your financial recovery.
Athens Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (404) 888-8888
How an Athens Premises Liability Lawyer from Our Firm Can Build Your Case
If you decide to work with a premises liability attorney from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers, our legal team serving Athens, Georgia, can provide the following services:
- Private investigation: Our legal team will look into the injury event to gather information and evidence to support your case. For example, if the property owner or manager filed an accident report about the injury event, we may use that as a starting point to determine whether they can be held liable for your damages. We may also interview witnesses or consult experts to verify information in your case.
- Administrative services: Our legal team will draft, prepare, and fill out the paperwork necessary for your case and inform you about all updates that occur for your case. If you receive messages or other forms of communication from outside parties (e.g., the insurance company or the defendant’s legal team), we can also handle those messages on your behalf and protect you from accidentally admitting partial negligence.
- Legal representation: Your legal attorney will be present on your behalf in forms of appearances, whether it’s in an out-of-court negotiation meeting to discuss a potential settlement deal or in front of a jury in court to present your case. Your lawyer will also respect your case decisions, but they will provide legal counsel whenever you have questions about how to proceed with your case.
Have more questions about our legal services? One of our team members can go into more detail in a free consultation when you call.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File a Premises Liability Lawsuit
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, Georgia’s statutory deadline for personal injury cases, including premises liability cases, is two years from the injury event. Wrongful death cases also have a two-year filing window if you intend to pursue compensation on behalf of your late loved one.
If you fail to submit your case within this legal time frame, the reviewing judge may dismiss your case. A case dismissal would absolve the defendant of any liability, which would decrease your chances of receiving compensation since you would lose the legal threat of a lawsuit.
Rather than risk having to pay for your damages out of pocket, we encourage you to start working with one of our lawyers and start building your case right away.
Call Bader Scott Injury Lawyers to Get a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident that occurred on private or public Athens property, you may qualify to file a premises liability claim or lawsuit. An Athens premises liability lawyer from Bader Scott Injury Lawyers can manage your case and represent you in pursuit of compensation from the liable party. To get started, we offer to give you a free case review, then discuss your legal options.
Call the number on our website to get a free consultation with one of our team members. You can start working with our firm as soon as today.